Is The Silver-Haired Ultra Instinct still potentially the strongest form we've seen yet?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Is The Silver-Haired Ultra Instinct still potentially the strongest form we've seen yet?

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:38 pm

Of course, right now, it's not the strongest, considering True Ultra Instinct, Beast, Black Frieza, etc are all stronger.

However, we haven't seen the silver haired form with emotions, except for briefly against Jiren. Where we see him go from losing against Jiren, to completely demolishing him in seconds, and that was with unmastered emotions and unmastered Silver UI

If Goku figures out how to take away the stamina drain of the form, and use it with his full emotions as he does with UI Omen, do you think he could reach the level of or surpass Black Frieza? Gohan Beast? Even above that?

I think that if he had access to this in the granolah arc, he would've been on or close to Black Frieza's level, as Ultra Instinct being used to its fullest, silver hair, with emotions, seems to be unmatched in terms of power and hax.

What do you all think?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Is The Silver-Haired Ultra Instinct still potentially the strongest form we've seen yet?

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:54 am

His silver hair form got unconsciously activated for a sec and it proved to be able to hold Old Gas and throw him into space for Granny to attack him. That giant projection seems to be the full scope of UI, also seen in the Moro arc.
So, while Goku cannot use that form effectively, the power it has sure is beyond TUI. I'm not too sure it could've been on Black Freeza's level, because that dude oneshot everybody, but I think it could've defeated Old Gas and perhaps be on par with Zombie Gas.

Going forward, yes, it should be the greatest trump card available for Goku and what should take Freeza down. The anime got a lot of hate because of how they handled UI going nuts and all, contrasting it with the more stoic, collected manga UI, but it seems TOEI was ahead of everybody and they jumped straight to a Silver TUI lol. People despised something that ended up being Toriyama's endgoal for the form, while critizicing TOEI for ruining everything. It is kinda funny how things are turning out.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: Is The Silver-Haired Ultra Instinct still potentially the strongest form we've seen yet?

Post by Jord » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:55 am

Nope, SSJ4 is

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:48 pm

It's definitely played up as having the most potential for growth given the levels to it that Goku is trying to train towards, with him being on the bottom rung compared to the skyscraper heights that the Angels can utilize.

Only Ultra Ego seems to match it in potential growth, and it too isn't a form just about simple raw power, but instead banking on the technique's unique characteristics and abilities.

Ultra Instinct is about absolute precision and reflexes beyond thought, and Ultra Ego is about embracing destruction and enduring damage. Not exactly conventional means of growth compared to forms like Black Freeza, Beast Gohan, etc.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:18 am

UI and Ultra Ego are forms that bring out "the best" in what Goku and Vegeta's fighting and personality styles offer to give them a perfect power boost, as well as using power more efficiently. Giving the characters the individualized power boosts seem to be a theme in DBS, such as with Beast Gohan. I don't believe that UI would work for Vegeta as all, and UE for Goku either. So all in all, these forms should be the forms with the most potential. Freeza's black form may be stronger, but we need to wait and see more of it to be able to know.
Jord wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:55 amNope, SSJ4 is
Fascinating how little effort you have put into typing this.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:21 am

Godo wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:18 am
Why should I? SSJ4 is the final transformation in the anime time line, used against the strongest enemy in all of Dragon Ball. If there was a stronger form, Goku would have used that.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:07 pm

Jord wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:21 am
Why should I? SSJ4 is the final transformation in the anime time line, used against the strongest enemy in all of Dragon Ball. If there was a stronger form, Goku would have used that.
What? you do know GT does not follow DBS, right? the strongest enemy to date is Beerus or Black Freeza. SS4 isn't Goku's final transformation not even on that big blender called SDBH.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:40 am

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:07 pm
What? you do know GT does not follow DBS, right? the strongest enemy to date is Beerus or Black Freeza. SS4 isn't Goku's final transformation not even on that big blender called SDBH.
And you know that DBS doesn't fit in Z, right? That it contradicts the original story in several points and has turned more into a side story?
The original anime trilogy exists of three series so the last show would obviously have the strongest enemies and forms.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:38 am

Jord wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:40 am
Koitsukai wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:07 pm
And you know that DBS doesn't fit in Z, right? That it contradicts the original story in several points and has turned more into a side story?
The original anime trilogy exists of three series so the last show would obviously have the strongest enemies and forms.
Of course it does, it's the official continuation of the original manga. With the anime being the continuation of the Z anime. At the end of the day, you have to accept GT is not part of the main continuity but an alternate/side story. Is this 2014?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:41 am

"Strongest enemy in all of Dragon Ball", i.e. a guy who was going to destroy the Universe overtime, while people like Kefla felt like they could casually oneshot it. Sure bro, "strongest enemy" indeed.

Infinite Zamasu would look at Omega Shenron and think that he's cute and adorable. :lol:

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:18 pm

Battle of Gods and Resurrection F are part of Z. The intention is clearly that Toriyama made changes to the story so he could continue it hence why EoZ is being changed.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:44 pm

Jord wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:40 am
Toriyama has a bigger role into Super's story than GT. That's why GT is not apart of the main series.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:13 pm

Finally, somebody speaking some sense!
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:36 pm

Yeah.

SS4 Goku is so awesome that when he saw UI Goku he shit his pants just for laughs.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:04 pm

UI Goku vs SSJ4 Goku would be a close fight until UI Goku pulls the broken glass on him.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:18 pm

GT and Super are two seprante things, so it's harder to power scale them.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:56 am

Wasn't the giant aspect of Perfected UI just Goku's God Ki taking the form of a giant and not actually part of the technique of UI? He only used it after being greatly supplied with God Ki and/or in a manner of desperation. It seems to be that Goku should be able to figure it out without the use of Perfected UI and will eventually put it into his True UI or even his lesser forms of SSSJG & SSJB. Heck, if Goku has the potential, he may one day be able to use God Ki in his base form and no longer require any of his forms anymore to use all of his techniques.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: