Super Saiyan Blue Question

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Super Saiyan Blue Question

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:32 pm

I feel stupid for asking this but do Kakarot and Vegeta now classify as gods due to the Super Saiyan Blue giving them divine ki?
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Galan007
Regular

Re: Super Saiyan Blue Question

Post by Galan007 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:48 pm

They're not literal "Gods" in the same sense as, say, the Kaioshin and Destroyers, who actually hold true divine rank/authority within the multiversal hierarchy.

They just have access to the same sort of unique ki as the Gods -- but this does not elevate their 'status' or w/e. They are still regarded as mortals.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:29 pm

Galan007 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:48 pm They're not literal "Gods" in the same sense as, say, the Kaioshin and Destroyers, who actually hold true divine rank/authority within the multiversal hierarchy.

They just have access to the same sort of unique ki as the Gods -- but this does not elevate their 'status' or w/e. They are still regarded as mortals.
Someone ought to explain that to the wikia.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Goku9001
Regular

Post by Goku9001 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:53 am

Galan007 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:48 pm They're not literal "Gods" in the same sense as, say, the Kaioshin and Destroyers, who actually hold true divine rank/authority within the multiversal hierarchy.

Yes. To piggyback off on that, the manga explicitly contrasts between Goku/Vegeta and Zamasu by asserting that Super Saiyan Rose is Blue with a divine soul thereby implying that Goku and Vegeta did not have a divine soul i.e were not gods. In the anime, Merged Zamasu is very explicit about Goku and Vegeta being mortals. He expresses that as a god, mortals cannot lay their hands on him which was directed towards both Saiyans.

Just having divine ki is not enough. Goku and Vegeta are still classified as mortals in both mediums.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:28 am

No, otherwise they would not be accepted in the Tournament of Power.

Furthermore, The crux of Zamasu's hatred for Goku is that he, a mere mortal, dared to use the power of the Gods as his own. Zamasu feels like the lowly mortal Goku mimicked and stole those Godly powers (which is not untrue btw).

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:24 pm

I figured not.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:47 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:32 pm I feel stupid for asking this but do Kakarot and Vegeta now classify as gods due to the Super Saiyan Blue giving them divine ki?
I suppose whenever a Saiyan would use and stay in Super Saiyan God/Super Saiyan Goddess and absolutely any other Godly Saiyan form he/she does become a God/Goddess until he/she would revert back to his/her Base Form.