''ThePetSounds'' Channel

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

''ThePetSounds'' Channel

Post by Ssj3Engels » Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:48 am

Well, for a thread like this, kei17 would be one of the most appropriate people to respond, but of course since it's a forum/message board, anyone can weigh in. Unless I am completely oblivious to reality, there's not really any new relevant DB anime content besides the Super Hero movie, so I feel kind of forced to look back to old stuff...like...really old.

Those of you who have followed the fandom for quite a while now (10+ years...) will remember the long-defunct ThePetSounds Youtube channel, who was actually run by kei's older brother. His videos not only released to the world for the first time official release/CD-quality uploads of the soundtracks of the original 13 DBZ movies, they covered a lot of other anime OST's as well.

I wonder if any weirdos (no offense meant...) have kept those videos stored? kei, you there? Do you have your brother's archive? I personally would love to see again the stuff that was taken down by Youtube due to copyright issues. Of course, it isn't an issue now because the vids won't be uploaded to YT again...

So, does anyone remember this glorious channel?

And, even more awesomely, does anyone still have the content preserved? :D

dragonmagico
Beyond Newbie

Re: ''ThePetSounds'' Channel

Post by dragonmagico » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:53 am

Creepy AF to call people out publicly instead of dming them.

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssj3Engels » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:49 am

dragonmagico wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:53 am Creepy AF to call people out publicly instead of dming them.
Well, I'm a full-blown psycho-- that much should be obvious from the OP, shouldn't it?

Cheers.

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssj3Engels » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:15 pm

dragonmagico wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:53 am Creepy AF to call people out publicly instead of dming them.
Also...fuck you. (At least I have the balls to spell the damn thing properly, huh?).

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:47 pm

There's nothing wrong with that, he's just trying to get as many info as possible, and it's not about something personal, it was about something open to the public, he knows that sending private a message won't be so helpful as there's a chance of they never answering them, so the best way to do it is to talk in public so maybe someone that has contact can show up and help, it's a completely common and okay tactic.
Ssj3Engels wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:15 pm Also...fuck you. (At least I have the balls to spell the damn thing properly, huh?).
You doesn't need to offend him as well.

Now useless conflict aside, well I really can't remember in which thread it was said that, but I can remember very well of a post where Kei17 said that he almost doesn't show up here because he's just not interested in the franchise anymore, or something like that, but he still make some posts, it's just really rare, according to his account, the last time he was active was in November.
So maybe sending a Private Message is still a good way to do it, or you can try to talk to him by a comment in his Youtube channel "TheWorldDBZ", he still uploads, but now about his brother, I really can't say anything, I actually never saw the channel by myself.
And you said uploads of the 13 DBZ Movies scores? Years ago kei also had uploads of each movie score (not uploads of individual tracks, it was separate uploads of each entire score), can't remember if the tracks included in each were only released cues, unreleased cues or both, but for some reason kei put these videos in private (at least at the time they were private, as I had the links to them, maybe they even got deleted by now), that's everything I know so far, sorry, but yeah he's definitely still around, just be patient when trying to enter in contact, he must be a really busy guy.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssj3Engels » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:08 am

Rafa Fast wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:47 pm
There's nothing wrong with that, he's just trying to get as many info as possible, and it's not about something personal, it was about something open to the public, he knows that sending private a message won't be so helpful as there's a chance of they never answering them, so the best way to do it is to talk in public so maybe someone that has contact can show up and help, it's a completely common and okay tactic.
Thanks, and furthermore, the thread wasn't even directed "solely" at kei himself, I wrote very clearly that ANYBODY who has any info about this now-defunct YT channel could chime in. It seems like this person just didn't read the OP properly.
Rafa Fast wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:47 pm
Ssj3Engels wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:15 pm Also...fuck you. (At least I have the balls to spell the damn thing properly, huh?).
You doesn't need to offend him as well.
Yeah, I messed up too, sorry about that.
Rafa Fast wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:47 pmNow useless conflict aside, well I really can't remember in which thread it was said that, but I can remember very well of a post where Kei17 said that he almost doesn't show up here because he's just not interested in the franchise anymore, or something like that,
Interesting...I can relate to him on that. I have been posting here less and less since 2019, and only Super Hero brought my interest back to the franchise, and for a short while. But overall, I have been very slow in keeping up with the new manga story arcs, for example. Heck, I didn't even finish the Moro Arc yet! Dragon Ball just doesn't fire me up like it used to. 😂
Rafa Fast wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:47 pmbut he still make some posts, it's just really rare, according to his account, the last time he was active was in November.
So maybe sending a Private Message is still a good way to do it, or you can try to talk to him by a comment in his Youtube channel "TheWorldDBZ", he still uploads, but now about his brother, I really can't say anything, I actually never saw the channel by myself.
Thanks for the infos. I will probably try to contact him directly, if nobody else replies.
Rafa Fast wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:47 pmAnd you said uploads of the 13 DBZ Movies scores?
Yes, ThePetSounds channel had uploads of each of the 13 Movie Soundtracks, I think the titles for the videos were "DBZ Movie X Unreleased BGM Collection" and only had the unreleased cues in them.
Rafa Fast wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:47 pmYears ago kei also had uploads of each movie score (not uploads of individual tracks, it was separate uploads of each entire score), can't remember if the tracks included in each were only released cues, unreleased cues or both, but for some reason kei put these videos in private (at least at the time they were private, as I had the links to them, maybe they even got deleted by now),
I didn't know that (or don't remember). I only remember this channel that I am talking about in this thread, which was, as I said, his brother's and not actually kei himself. I am, however, aware of the newer channel "TheWorldDBZ" (which IS kei's own personal channel).
Rafa Fast wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:47 pmthat's everything I know so far, sorry, but yeah he's definitely still around, just be patient when trying to enter in contact, he must be a really busy guy.
No problem at all, and again, thanks for the suggestions. kei17 should appear here again, eventually (I believe...).

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:29 pm

Ssj3Engels wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:08 am Yes, ThePetSounds channel had uploads of each of the 13 Movie Soundtracks, I think the titles for the videos were "DBZ Movie X Unreleased BGM Collection" and only had the unreleased cues in them.
As I thought, then probably Kei17's uploads were actually reuploads of ThePetSounds's videos, each Kei17 upload also had "DBZ movie X Unreleased BGM collection" (note: only movies 1-10, 12 and 13, Movie 11 have not unreleased tracks), only unreleased tracks of the movies, they had a art of the specific movie in the background and at the center the M-number of each track.
There was also a upload of Saiyans Saga/M700 unreleased bgm collection.

IIRC I could only find them again in 2021 in a Japanese website, have no idea which site was and how I found it.

But still, weirdly enough for me, anything related to TPS seems to have vanished completely from the internet, I can't find anything about it except for people like you talking about it.

And have a good luck in contacting kei (or them if possible)
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssj3Engels » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:49 am

Lol, kei is back. I hope he sees this thread.

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:31 pm

Auction sites are there for you to buy used copies of the soundtracks with, best to get on that before they all become rare and expensive (and they probably have by this point).
Then again, the only good and proper CD releases for the series BGM are the first Dragon Ball music collection from 1986 re-released as an ANIMEX CD, and the soundtrack releases for Z Movies 8, 10, and 11 (the ones that all featured Broly in some way). For some reason every other Z collection just re-releases the "suites" for Z movies 1 and 2 in garbage mono quality, while the other stereo movie soundtracks are just released in "suite" compilations (including the 2006 3 CD collection covering the latter half of the series, and they mislabeled which tracks were mono or stereo at times).
And all this during the prime of the series, no less.

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssj3Engels » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:24 am

GhostEmperorX wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:31 pm Auction sites are there for you to buy used copies of the soundtracks with, best to get on that before they all become rare and expensive (and they probably have by this point).
Then again, the only good and proper CD releases for the series BGM are the first Dragon Ball music collection from 1986 re-released as an ANIMEX CD, and the soundtrack releases for Z Movies 8, 10, and 11 (the ones that all featured Broly in some way). For some reason every other Z collection just re-releases the "suites" for Z movies 1 and 2 in garbage mono quality, while the other stereo movie soundtracks are just released in "suite" compilations (including the 2006 3 CD collection covering the latter half of the series, and they mislabeled which tracks were mono or stereo at times).
And all this during the prime of the series, no less.
Was 2006 still the prime of the séries, though?

Especially considering we are talking about Japan and not the US/West?

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:11 am

Ssj3Engels wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:24 am

My mistake, that one part was long after that, although the bulk of these bad releases was during its prime.
And the 2006 collection did little to fix the situation more than a decade after.

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssj3Engels » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:45 pm

GhostEmperorX wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:11 am
Ssj3Engels wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:24 am

My mistake, that one part was long after that, although the bulk of these bad releases was during its prime.
And the 2006 collection did little to fix the situation more than a decade after.
Yeah, I agree. Was there any Kikuchi release after the 2006 one, by the way?

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:03 pm

Ssj3Engels wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:45 pm Yeah, I agree. Was there any Kikuchi release after the 2006 one, by the way?
None at all. And it's a shame because there's still a massive amount that has inexcusably gone unreleased and could use the same treatment as Movies 8, 10, and 11. It even came back to bite them during the stolen Kai score debacle because all they had on hand to use from the Z OST were the stereo tracks and not the mono material (which, again, should not ever have been in that format to begin with).

The 1986 Music Collection from OG DB had the best quality, I wonder where Toei & Columbia went wrong or what caused them to suddenly be incapable of maintaining that level of quality right till the end of Z rather than at just the specific points of the 3 Broly movies.

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssj3Engels » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:49 am

GhostEmperorX wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:03 pm
Ssj3Engels wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:45 pm Yeah, I agree. Was there any Kikuchi release after the 2006 one, by the way?
None at all. And it's a shame because there's still a massive amount that has inexcusably gone unreleased and could use the same treatment as Movies 8, 10, and 11. It even came back to bite them during the stolen Kai score debacle because all they had on hand to use from the Z OST were the stereo tracks and not the mono material (which, again, should not ever have been in that format to begin with).

The 1986 Music Collection from OG DB had the best quality, I wonder where Toei & Columbia went wrong or what caused them to suddenly be incapable of maintaining that level of quality right till the end of Z rather than at just the specific points of the 3 Broly movies.
Just remember that out of all of those, only Movie 11 is 100% unreleased. Even the two other Broly movies contain unreleased cues.

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:03 am

Ssj3Engels wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:49 am Just remember that out of all of those, only Movie 11 is 100% unreleased. Even the two other Broly movies contain unreleased cues.
Did you mean "released" there?
Also, that's real strange considering that not one of those CD's exceeded 40 minutes in total duration, not to mention the full 70-80 that's present on a CD.

Meanwhile they'll continue to re-release the same OP/ED/Insert/Image songs from the series, to the point where there's even a 13-CD Box Set for DBZ songs only, all while leaving the actual OST to the wayside.
Another 13-CD box set from a different series (same label though) at least re-released soundtrack material along with everything else (and the one in question had 8 CD's of OST with consistent quality throughout, plus an additional 9th later on). There's no way there isn't a double standard at play here.

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssj3Engels » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:24 am

GhostEmperorX wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:03 am
Ssj3Engels wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:49 am Just remember that out of all of those, only Movie 11 is 100% unreleased. Even the two other Broly movies contain unreleased cues.
Did you mean "released" there?
Also, that's real strange considering that not one of those CD's exceeded 40 minutes in total duration, not to mention the full 70-80 that's present on a CD.

Meanwhile they'll continue to re-release the same OP/ED/Insert/Image songs from the series, to the point where there's even a 13-CD Box Set for DBZ songs only, all while leaving the actual OST to the wayside.
Another 13-CD box set from a different series (same label though) at least re-released soundtrack material along with everything else (and the one in question had 8 CD's of OST with consistent quality throughout, plus an additional 9th later on). There's no way there isn't a double standard at play here.
Yes, I meant released. Sorry. Only movie 11 is 100% released, that is, the final Broly movie.