Are Gamma 1 and 2 reanimated corpses?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Are Gamma 1 and 2 reanimated corpses?

Post by Seekeroftruth » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:01 pm

So they made a point that Dr. Hedo's early experiment in android technology involved reviving dead bodies and turning them into androids. This lead to the creation of the alpha series, who made their debut in DB Super: chapter 88. Since most of his early work and experimentation in android involved using dead bodies, it seems very likely that Gamma 1 and 2 followed a similar design process and are just more advance versions to his previous android experiments. Also there inability to use ki base attack could be due to them having dead bodies and therefore no spiritual energy.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Are Gamma 1 and 2 reanimated corpses?

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:04 pm

They certainly don't look like zombies to me. I think they're entirely synthetical, mainly because of their metallic appearance and the fact that the Alpha series are inferior to them in every sense. The way Gamma 2 just turns into ashes when he dies also seems to suggest they're made out of something very specific, not flesh and bones.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Re: Are Gamma 1 and 2 reanimated corpses?

Post by Zillamon51 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:14 am

I think they are completely mechanical, like #16 before them.

Hedo using dead bodies is probably just easier / less problematic than abducting and experimenting on living people, the way Gero did to make #17 and #18.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song