Dragonball Shipping Thread: The Rekindling

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Peril
Not-So-Newbie

Dragonball Shipping Thread: The Rekindling

Post by Peril » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:33 pm

Valentines Day is upon us! So I wanted to make a new shipping thread for fun. Just to talk about what ships you like and even ones you don't like, and why. The why is the most important part to me. :think: But it can be for any reason, even aesthetics. I'm curious to see what kind of crack people ponder about in their heads. :thumbup:

fleahop
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragonball Shipping Thread: The Rekindling

Post by fleahop » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:34 pm

Cell Max x Ultra Ego Vegeta
It's a very abusive relationship

Okay, I'll give a serious answer. Yamcha x Tights feels like a natural relationship that should just happen already. Yamcha deserves to get married, I mean he's like the fifth recurring character to be introduced and he stated he would use the dragon balls to get over his fear of girls so he could get married decades ago. I understand that people grow up, change, and pursue other interests, but I have a cool scenario in my head.

My vision of how it could happen would be Jaco visiting Tights while unknowingly being tailed by a group of villains out for revenge. They could have low powerlevels so nobody senses them and still be threats due to advanced weapons or something. Yamcha is on a job nearby and sees the commotion of the battle. Tights/Jaco are in trouble when Yamcha saves the day like a badass as he's still incredibly powerful in the grand scheme of things. I'd like to see a bit of an homage to Bulma and Yamcha's first time meeting. Perhaps even having him be too enamored to talk to her and having him run away. This could remind him of his old goal of marriage and have him go on a hunt for the dragon balls to overcome his shyness towards Tights. Yamcha then would need the dragon radar from Bulma which will naturally lead to her finding out he's trying to date her sister. It could be a really cute situation imo and I think the guy deserves something at this point. This is also a great situation to learn more about Tights and hopefully see her character grow.
Movie 1/Dead Zone >>> DBS Broly

I'll die on this hill

Peril
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Peril » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:02 am

fleahop wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:34 pm Cell Max x Ultra Ego Vegeta
It's a very abusive relationship

Okay, I'll give a serious answer. Yamcha x Tights feels like a natural relationship that should just happen already. Yamcha deserves to get married, I mean he's like the fifth recurring character to be introduced and he stated he would use the dragon balls to get over his fear of girls so he could get married decades ago. I understand that people grow up, change, and pursue other interests, but I have a cool scenario in my head.

My vision of how it could happen would be Jaco visiting Tights while unknowingly being tailed by a group of villains out for revenge. They could have low powerlevels so nobody senses them and still be threats due to advanced weapons or something. Yamcha is on a job nearby and sees the commotion of the battle. Tights/Jaco are in trouble when Yamcha saves the day like a badass as he's still incredibly powerful in the grand scheme of things. I'd like to see a bit of an homage to Bulma and Yamcha's first time meeting. Perhaps even having him be too enamored to talk to her and having him run away. This could remind him of his old goal of marriage and have him go on a hunt for the dragon balls to overcome his shyness towards Tights. Yamcha then would need the dragon radar from Bulma which will naturally lead to her finding out he's trying to date her sister. It could be a really cute situation imo and I think the guy deserves something at this point. This is also a great situation to learn more about Tights and hopefully see her character grow.
Oh yay. I love Yamcha ships! Poor dolt. Any ship with him is an automatic "oof right in the feels" situation because his dream was to have a family and Toriyama said "lol no", and flew away laughing on his magic carpet.

I ship Yamcha x Launch. I have a quasi working scenario of how tf this happens. A big help is the idea that Yamcha is a bodyguard now. After he got bored of (earth) baseball, he decided to put his skills to some use. Some things need to change maybe. Like maybe Jaco shows up early and Yamcha meets him, grabbing a gig to bodyguard aliens. Or maybe he is temporarily Bulma's bodyguard as she is making business deals in space and Vegeta is off training or whatever with Goku.

On Launch's side, she was having a hard time, her life of crime had reached it's zenith, not only has she robbed banks but she's robbed crime lords. So she was being hunted down on both sides. The banks were being doubly watched and the organized crime safehouses are triple locked down. Launch remembers she has an old rich acquaintance. Now the reality is she is going to Bulma to rob her for cash and capsules but through a sequence of hilarious events she becomes Kushami in some inopportune time and Bulma greets her warmly. Kushami breaks down about how shit her life is now and Bulma is like "welp I'm on my way to space and it's looking like I have a pretty rough job ahead of me so.......maybe I can use an assistant." And so Bulma has a hired a new bodyguard and a new assistant and they blast off into space.

One thing leads to another, both of them like the whole bodyguard thing and as it turns out they also like each other. Buuut it's not that easy. I sort of subscribe to Plauge of Gripes idea that Launch's life sucks partly because she is two people in one body. Ultimately they decide to use the dragon balls to become two people. Blond half is Launch and blue half is Kushami (A fanon name I've often seen used for her). As far as I can remember, Kushami didn't have romantic feelings for Tien, but in this troublesome scenario they both like Yamcha.

SonTao

Post by SonTao » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:23 pm

Peril wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:33 pm Valentines Day is upon us! So I wanted to make a new shipping thread for fun. Just to talk about what ships you like and even ones you don't like, and why. The why is the most important part to me. :think: But it can be for any reason, even aesthetics. I'm curious to see what kind of crack people ponder about in their heads. :thumbup:
I'm SUPER late but you know I gotta hop on this.

Personally I'd say Tenshinhan and Yamcha. Yes, I know, a very common one seen floating around Tumblr canary. But I must ask--hear me out. Yamcha is already getting HELLA flack from Bulma almost all the time. Hey, I get it, it's a teenage / young adult relationship, no one knows what the hell is going on. Tenshinhan and Yamcha already have a little rivalry going on from the World Tournament. Let's say this attitude gets carried out even after Goku's victory against DKP. Even over the little training trip that Krillin, Yamcha, Tenshinhan and Chiaotzu go on. Yamcha isn't around Bulma anymore, we know it goes on the rocks in early Dragon Ball, especially post Hasky. Maybe they break up like in early Dragon Ball Z. So Yamcha's single, constantly traveling with a guy who he shares this kinda bromance with. For three years. Together. I'm thinking it goes from enemies to lovers, albeit a tad slower since Tenshinhan hasn't really been in a relationship before. But it's a nice balance of serious / stoic Tenshinhan to a bit more lax Yamcha. I think they'd be cute. That and we avoid a lot of Bulma being flip-flop-y over Yamcha.

Dragon Ball Z would be cooler. Then gets enraged first over Yamcha's death (far more because y'know boyfriends) and then after Chiaotzu it's REAL bad. Hell, maybe his Ki Ko Ho would legitimately injure or even kill Nappa?
Gohan is a neeeeerd.