The Destiny of a Saiyan || Fanfic/Short film

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

The Destiny of a Saiyan || Fanfic/Short film

Post by thegamer23 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:52 am

VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94d6ojx ... e=youtu.be

I've been thinking about this kind of story for a long time, and just wanted to translate it on screen.
Took a lot of time, effort and massive editing, and i hope you'll like this little concept. :D

At first i thought about it as a music video, than it evolved into an actual little fan-fiction/film, mostly made out of Editing + little key animations there and there: so don't expect crazy animations or something, it's all about the atmosphere & the final message.
Hopefully you'll like my visual storytelling.

This video is kind of a love letter to Dragon Ball and to what it meant for me as a child, and growing up.
Failure, Hope, Legacy, Responsability and Destiny: Goku goes through all of these themes in this video, and comes out as a different person.
The Ultimate power can be achieved trought self acceptance, acceptance of the past and the legacy those before us left.
This is my personal & totally not canon take on the birth of the Ultimate Saiyan Warrior!

Wanted to tie up the Saiyan's legacy in this video, so you'll see some familiar faces, and some surprises! :mrgreen:

Initially i wanted to use and A.I Voice generator to replicate the original actor's voices in the video, but i'm still not sure about the technology and the fair use of it, so i decided just to pick some lines from the original actors, from different games & medias.
So i warn you, if you're a japanese speaker, some dialogues probably won't make much sense.
The true message of the video lies in the subtitles i made in different languages, so make sure you enable them before the video! :thumbup:

Enjoy, and have a good day everyone! :wave:
Any feedback or critique is welcomed guys, i know it's far from perfect.

Some pics:

henrycook

Re: The Destiny of a Saiyan || Fanfic/Short film

Post by henrycook » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:22 pm

These things took too much time to give you a positive result on your screen if you are doing a short-film production. The concepts and scrip-writing are the most time-consuming work for the artists but as an expert video animator, I will reach out to your problem by from a renowned Video Animation Company if you give me a response.

Peril
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Peril » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:28 pm

This looks super cool and that editing is amazing!

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:17 am

looking amazing but notice that some of the scene is taken from Lord Slug, Dragon Ball Super Broly!! but u did amazing job on it!!!

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:45 am

Thanks guys :D :D
Ye, that's editing, so it's taking what's existing and transforming it into something new, telling a new story.