Is SSJ2 and 3 full powered possible?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Is SSJ2 and 3 full powered possible?

Post by Seekeroftruth » Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:41 pm

Full powered SSJ occurs when a saiyan becomes so relaxed in the SSJ form that it ends up being their natural state. It becomes so natural that the energy drain of the transformation is almost mitigated. This allows the saiyan to allocate the energy used to maintain the transformation into other avenues like speed, strength, ki attacks etc.

It stands to reason that the same principle could be applied to SSJ2 and 3. However, we never actually see Goku or Vegeta attempt this concept at all in the series. Granted we can excuse them in the Buu arc due to only recently reaching the form. However, after the buu arc ends, they had plenty of time to try and make these transformations there natural state. And yet, we see that this is still not the case.

Do you think it is possible for SSJ2 and 3 to also reach full powered stated?
Last edited by Kaboom on Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Unnecessary large images removed.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Is SSJ2 and 3 full powered possible?

Post by Trouser » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:14 pm

The only person to ever master SSJ2 was Future Trunks. It's not quite the same thing as "a saiyan becomes so relaxed in the SSJ form that it ends up their natural state" but it's the only mastered Super Saiyan 2 we know about.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:41 pm

DBS manga Future Trunks did pull out a kind of FPSS2 to match Goku's SS3. That doesn't mean he did the whole staying relaxed while transformed thing, obviously, there's no guarantee it functions the same way, but he did experiment with the form in some way at least. On the other hand, SS3 is an inherently flawed form, with its stamina drain being a central aspect of it, so I don't think it's possible to "fix" that one and create an FPSS3 in the same vein as the others.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:11 pm

I suppose it is possible, the issue is that it's pointless given that there are several transformations superior in every aspect to SSJ2 & SSJ3. After BoG came out, Toriyama stated that SSJ2 & SSJ3 were merely power-upgraded variants of SSJ and that Goku(and by extension, everyone else) wasn't going to bother trying to do any more with those forms. The only ones still reliant on them is Gotenks, Future Trunks(manga), and the U6 Saiyan trio(anime). However, I imagine that every Saiyan will eventually follow suit with Goku and go for their own better form of SSJ or whatever power up they discover.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:44 am

Also: we got a SS3 Full Power with Cumber in SuperDB Heroes.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:01 am

Future Trunks has done something like that, his powered up SS2 is on par with SS3 Goku. Vegeta seems to have that under his belt as well but better, his SS2 is greatly above SS3 Goku.

But like another poster mentioned, Toriyama envisioned Goku mastering SS1 by being able to summon the power of SS2 and SS3 in that form, the complete opposite of what the Vegeta family is doing.
Although, in the Broly movie, Vegeta might be doing what Tori mentioned, in his SS1 state and not in his SS2 state like before.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:33 am

SSJ2 has always come off as a fairly optimized form. There's no strain or restrictions on it and it has a lot of power. Trunks took it even further beyond that to (likely) surpass Goku's SSJ3. This was a Goku who trained several years with SSB Vegeta in the time chamber and who gained massive power in base form even before that to match a form of Frieza that greatly surpassed Gohan and Piccolo.

I think the same can be done with SSJ3, but at this point in the story there's no reason to do that with so many better forms. I think it'd legit be cool to see Kaulifla, Kale, or Kefla master it.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:52 am

BWri wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:33 am SSJ2 has always come off as a fairly optimized form. There's no strain or restrictions on it and it has a lot of power.
I do think that there may be some strain on it, albeit not to the crazy extent of SSJ3. While Goku & Majin Vegeta were still engaged in their big fight, their SSJ2 energy output was able to feed Boo back to full power rather quickly even though that wasn't their intention. They also both needed a senzu after fighting for a little over half an hour.
Another this is that when SSJ2 Gohan destroyed Super Perfect Cell, he also seemed to be pretty wiped out even after the much shorter beam clash depicted in the manga.
I wouldn't say that SSJ2 has the strain of losing energy by simply being in the form like SSJ3 does, but when the Saiyans push themselves with SSJ2, it probably does eat away at their energy a little faster than with ordinary SSJ.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:21 pm

theherodjl wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:52 am
BWri wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:33 am SSJ2 has always come off as a fairly optimized form. There's no strain or restrictions on it and it has a lot of power.
I do think that there may be some strain on it, albeit not to the crazy extent of SSJ3. While Goku & Majin Vegeta were still engaged in their big fight, their SSJ2 energy output was able to feed Boo back to full power rather quickly even though that wasn't their intention. They also both needed a senzu after fighting for a little over half an hour.
Another this is that when SSJ2 Gohan destroyed Super Perfect Cell, he also seemed to be pretty wiped out even after the much shorter beam clash depicted in the manga.
I wouldn't say that SSJ2 has the strain of losing energy by simply being in the form like SSJ3 does, but when the Saiyans push themselves with SSJ2, it probably does eat away at their energy a little faster than with ordinary SSJ.
Respectfully, I don't think those are good examples. I'm pretty sure Goku and Vegeta's fight fed Buu quickly because of the damage they were inflicting on one another combined with the pure power output of SSJ2. And they required sensu because they were apparently going all out as SSJ2 and inflicting massive damage on one another. I don't think perfect ki control would have helped at all either since it seems damage was the catalyst for powering Buu but I've never been 100% clear on that. I don't think errant ki such as what's generated from unmastered SSJ forms would power Buu very much for instance, at least without the damage factor included.

In Gohan's case, he took a big injury from Cell then proceeded to put his all into the final Kamehameha that took Cell's life. From a narrative standpoint, he had to dig deep into his well of power to get the job done, so he was absolutely spent by the end.
I honestly can't think of a single time that SSJ2 displayed any deficiencies at all compared to SSJ1. I can't think of a time when any deficiencies or drawbacks were mentioned or displayed in the manga. Logically, I'd want to believe that SSJ2 had some drawback, but it truly comes across as the most optimized of the entire mortal SSJ line of transformations.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:02 am

The Trunks and Cumber are going to be the best things for FP SS2 and SS3.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:29 am

Well for what I can tell, future trunks in the manga has a sort of FPSSJ2, while FPSSJ3 is just a SSJ3 used while dead in the afterlife , where you don't have the stamina drain problem and can fight at full power way longer ( or Cumber's, if you want to consider heroes too)