Coolest female?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kappa
Not-So-Newbie

Coolest female?

Post by Kappa » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:23 pm

I think it's Bulma.
Last edited by Kappa on Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Coolest female?

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:11 pm

Android 18, hands down.
Caulifla is nice and cool but her attitude can come across as obnoxious and try-too-hard, while 18 is more non-chalant about, well, about everything. I've never had a moment where I just wanted somebody to shut 18's mouth or beat her. While I found myself rooting against Cauli most of the time.

Videl was hella cool, too. But she never recovered after her fight with Spopovich, that bravado I liked so much disappeared.

Pan has everything to be really cool, she's the coolest 4 year old the franchise has ever seen right after Piccolo Jr., let's see what happens. Her GT self is not cool.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:16 pm

I like Caulifla's attitude of being above irreverant towards Gokuu and friends. She doesn't see Gokuu as someone to respect, she sees him as an obstacle in her journey to greater heights. She's so cool.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

fleahop
Beyond Newbie

Post by fleahop » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:27 am

Seconding 18 here.

In terms of coolness, she is pretty much as cool as it gets. Never talks trash she cannot backup, is supportive of her spouse despite being way more powerful, and knows what she wants.

What is the female version of a Chad? Because that's 18.

After putting a bit of thought into this I've had a revelation. She's definitely the coolest character. Period. 17 isn't even as cool as her.

Honorable mentions to young Videl, young Bulma, and future Mai.
Movie 1/Dead Zone >>> DBS Broly

I'll die on this hill

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:40 am

Kefla because she is cool.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:16 pm

Everyone I knew back in the day LOVED 18, and wanted to see more of her because we all considered her badass and fucking cool. A lot of my friends are still collecting toys of her, and they rarely do that with anime girls.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:53 pm

1. Caulifa

2. 18

3. Cheelai

4. Kefla

5. Kale

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:07 pm

fleahop wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:27 am What is the female version of a Chad? Because that's 18.
Either a Stacy or just a "Chadette" variation. Either way, I also say 18.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:43 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:11 pm Her GT self is not cool.
I disagree, GT Pan had plenty of badass moment for a 9 year old. She wasn't afraid to go against Baby Oozaru 1 on 1, the one who just defeated SSJ4 Goku. How's that NOT cool?

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:02 pm

Bulma.. call me basic but hell she knows how to get a job done, I can’t remember a time where she was counted on and messed it up and all w/o throwing a single mountain splitting punch.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:47 pm

Xeogran wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:43 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:11 pm Her GT self is not cool.
I disagree, GT Pan had plenty of badass moment for a 9 year old. She wasn't afraid to go against Baby Oozaru 1 on 1, the one who just defeated SSJ4 Goku. How's that NOT cool?

Yeah, GT Pan is awesome.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:07 pm

How can that be even a question?

It would be Bulma

She is smart, she is hot, she is a caring friend, she is a good mother, she is a good partner for Vegeta.

Bulma has many haters. Mainly people who still cry over the Yamcha situation. If you think Bulma is annoying most likely you have never been around women other than your own relatives. Bulma is the only character that is not a fighter that is still relevant to the plot series.

I am very sorry about the way they destroyed her character for DBS.Starting from desing (her arms and legs look like spagetti and they changed her hair color) to the personality and rol in the series. They reduced Bulma to drive the ship with goku and vegeta to take them to the broly's fight and in DBS Super heroe her biggest participation is to show her brazilian butt.

So I am not suprised if Bulma does not have many fans nowadays, most likely they have not watched DB, DBZ and DBGT on its entirety.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:19 am

Saiya6Cit wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:07 pm How can that be even a question?

It would be Bulma

She is smart, she is hot, she is a caring friend, she is a good mother, she is a good partner for Vegeta.

Bulma has many haters. Mainly people who still cry over the Yamcha situation. If you think Bulma is annoying most likely you have never been around women other than your own relatives. Bulma is the only character that is not a fighter that is still relevant to the plot series.

I am very sorry about the way they destroyed her character for DBS.Starting from desing (her arms and legs look like spagetti and they changed her hair color) to the personality and rol in the series. They reduced Bulma to drive the ship with goku and vegeta to take them to the broly's fight and in DBS Super heroe her biggest participation is to show her brazilian butt.

So I am not suprised if Bulma does not have many fans nowadays, most likely they have not watched DB, DBZ and DBGT on its entirety.

Without Bulma there would be no DB Radar that is both portable and accurate. She is the reason why finding the Dragon Balls to resurrect was possible.
She is the reason that the answer to SSG Ritual was known, thanks to having the Dragon Balls.

Bulma Time Machine allowed for a good time line to exist. Trunks was able to train in the past, to gain power to defeat the cyborgs and Cell.

Those are good example.

Peril
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Peril » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:33 pm

Bulma is useful but 18 is "cool"

BootyCheeksJohnson
Beyond Newbie

Post by BootyCheeksJohnson » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:16 am

Probably Bulma. Sure she's not a badass powerhouse like 18, but without her brain power all the male characters would be lost most of the time.

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:29 pm

Saiya6Cit wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:07 pm they destroyed her character for DBS. Starting from desing (her arms and legs look like spagetti and they changed her hair color) to the personality and rol in the series.
Design-wise what jumped at me more is they made her shorter. It was cooler when she was the same height as Vegeta.

Shinsa
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinsa » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:58 pm

When it comes to the coolest it's a no brainer because its 18. She was the most badass female in the series imo.

But I actually think Bulma has her moments of being cool like future Bulma or when she invents or shows off new tech to the group. Her no bullshit attitude could be annoying to some but I think she's quite strong in that aspect.
I also really liked Chi Chi during 23rd the Tenka-Ichi Budoukai...i liked her design and her fighting spirit. Wish Toriyama did more with her other then being a nagging Mother.

Android 21 is also cool imo, if you play FighterZ shes a menais to fight against. Both her forms are straight up top tiers of the game lol

Alkiser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alkiser » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:17 pm

Caulifla i so cool especially since she is the first female character in the main series to reach the level of super saiyan

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:24 pm

For me Bulma, always!
Loved her anime hair as well as my fav color is blue 8)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Peril
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Peril » Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:32 pm

The coolest female is obviously Puar, I don't know why we are even having this conversation.