The mysteries that still surround the original Albanian dub aired on Kohavision

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

The mysteries that still surround the original Albanian dub aired on Kohavision

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:33 pm

The native Albanian dubs of Dragon Ball are well known and have their fans, despite their shady nature.

The first Albanian dub of the series however was first aired sometime between 2000 and 2002 on a channel called Kohavision in the now-independent state of Kosovo.

The dub, which only covered original Dragon Ball possibly aired afternoons with reruns the following mornings from what I've heard.

I've recently took to Reddit to see if any more fans from Kosovo have ever seen this dub.

As can be seen in the above discussion there are some fans who recall the Kohavision dub airing during the summer months of 2005 or 2006 in a morning timeslot. There are also reports from fans who remember seeing Kuririn and Lunch in some episodes, which could imply more than the first 13 episodes were aired (it hasn't been definitively known only 13 episodes aired, but we know that's how many aired at least).

Is there anyone that remembers that dub who can confirm did it continue on Kohavision as late as 2005 or 2006 and were any more than the first 13 episodes definitely dubbed?
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Re: The mysteries that still surround the original Albanian dub aired on Kohavision

Post by Tian » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:43 am

I feel these mysteries can be solved in the least expected way: Digimon Adventure.

Yeah, keeping in mind what our friend damn said about Digimon airing around the same time as Dragon Ball and being more popular than the latter, may help us solve those pending mysteries.

I've got a saying: "If you can't find it, look for the closest thing."

And I think asking about Digimon's airing might give us a clearer idea about when Dragon Ball was exactly aired because if Digimon was as popular as damn said, then people is likely to remember it.

Also, since both Digimon and Dragon Ball are Toei properties, there's the possibility that Kohavision got them in a "bundle" (when a distributor offers you two series at the same time) and finding out how many episodes of Digimon got aired might give you a idea whether Kohavision bought more episodes for both series or not.