"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:29 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5CzC1aFVAw

It was announced during the Dragon Ball Games Battle Hour.

This honestly came out of nowhere.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: A new Budokai Tenkaichi has been announced

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:37 pm

Weird. I never expected this. It might be fun to see who they add to the game, especially if it maintains the simplistic game play.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:39 pm

Yes, Tenkaichi 4, finally. Can't wait tonsee what they do. The games were simple but my brothers and I always had a lot of fun.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:40 pm

WHAT IN THE WORLD

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:44 pm

Not a Tenkaichi fan but i'm excited nonetheless. With them bringing back such an old series maybe this can open up the door for a new Budokai styled game too?
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:52 pm

I almost wasted money on a Xenoverse 2 commission to add a modded character in.

Screw that. Screw everything about that. The new Tenkaichi game? All the mods. ALL the mods. It'd better keep the game feel of the PS2 games especially.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:53 pm

Do you guys think they'll recreate the whole BT3 roster? Or it'll be more of a Raging Blast scenario where there's only a select amount of characters

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:56 pm

EY YO WHAT THE FUCK?? The visuals look CLEAN. I never thought this would happen in a thousand years. I used to make fun of people that would say “make Tenkaichi 4”.

I’m fucking dreaming.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:00 pm

OH MY F**KING GOD! I could never expect this! I've played BT3 for 10 years since the year it was released and thinking about a sequel was just in the modding territory.

Is there any info about? I hope the gameplay to be good as was BT3 was on the past, not clumsy like RB2 or XV2. They don't feel like Tenkaichi to me.

Anyone knows if this will be produced by SPIKE as the old games? I just hope it's not DIMPS.
Last edited by Noah on Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:01 pm

Hopefully Dimps will announce Budokai 4 so I can start posting endlessly on here about how the Tenkaichi games aren't as good, y'know, really relive my childhood! :lol:
For real though, cool to see it come back.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:15 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:53 pm Do you guys think they'll recreate the whole BT3 roster? Or it'll be more of a Raging Blast scenario where there's only a select amount of characters
Oh you just KNOW that there's going to be a relatively robust but limited number of characters and all the really good ones will be DLC. We're way past the era of trying to stuff as much content on disc as possible.

If DLC was a widespread practice in the early/mid 2000s, we'd only have ever gotten one Budokai and Tenkaichi game alike, with whatever updates that came being DLC.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:21 pm

I have returned from my slumber to say WHAT?!?!

I would never have thought this would happen. A new Dragon Ball Z Sparking! game, better yet, a new game from Spike Chunsoft, (if they are developing this, which I would presume) after how Dragon Ball: Ultimate Blast and Dragon Ball Z: for Kinect went all those years ago. But color me surprised.

I've never actually played any of the Sparking! games, as being a younger fellow, I didn't start gaming until the late 7th Generation. Since I don't have any Sony consoles, being a Microsoft/Nintendo gamer, I've been meaning to purchase Sparking! NEO and METEOR, aka Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3 for awhile now to see what all the fuss and hoopla. This announcement gives me the excuse to do so now.

(Also, maybe I actually start posting more instead of posting once or twice a year and going back into slumber. I've been on these forums since 2016, almost 7 years now. Also oh shit, 2016 was 7 years ago, damnit I feel old, and I'm only 18!)

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

danyq94

Post by danyq94 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:23 pm

Goku Blue on... Namek?
Moro arc in Tenkaichi 4? :think: :think:

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:39 pm

danyq94 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:23 pm Image

Goku Blue on... Namek?
Moro arc in Tenkaichi 4? :think: :think:
I wouldn't look too much into it but...say the anime is coming back by the time this game comes out :think:

You could be onto something or they're just saying screw it and putting manga content in the games

xm0c

Post by xm0c » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:47 pm

I know realistically this new game isn't gonna have as many characters as BT3, but I hope at the very least there's content from the original DB.

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Asin » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:51 pm

This is exciting to see! If I can ever pick it up, I'll finally know what all the hub-bub's about when it comes to the Budokai Tenkaichi/Sparking games!

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:55 pm

Wow, I did not expect to see this announcement!

Like others have said, I doubt this'll get as many characters as Budokai Tenkaichi 3, but I look forward to seeing the roster and seeing how a modern day Budokai Tenkaichi will turn out.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:56 pm

I've been curious how the roster would be handled in a modern context. There were already an absurd amount of Gokus and Gohans, now there's even more. There's definitely some fat they could trim to the third game's roster, such as some of the Dragon Ball characters and ones like Babidi, Yajirobe, etc. It would be interesting to see how that all plays out.

And... is this actually being developed by Spike Chunsoft? I don't think that's even been confirmed. Graphically, it looks like ArcSys. Could be collaboration or Spike is doing a hell of a job. It looks like the 3D shots from Super Broly.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Super Saiyan Zach

Post by Super Saiyan Zach » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:06 pm

This is seriously exciting news! I'm betting that the game won't release until 2025 because that is the 20th anniversary of BT1. They did say that this game is early in development and they haven't even announced the developer and systems. Would imagine it will be PS5 & XSX when it releases and then Switch successor about a year after.

Hopefully they can still have a massive roster bigger than BT3, even if it is from tons of DLC packs.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:08 pm

I don't see a reason why this roster when be near as big as the BT3 roster when that was one of Tenkaichi's selling points and this game is early in development.