"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: A new Budokai Tenkaichi has been announced

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:24 pm

shadd21 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:03 pm
Captain-Sora wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:42 am
shadd21 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:52 pm Considering it also pushed 8 mill, Would you say Xenoverse 2 share these qualities? Probable not.
That doesn't really refute my point, though. I'm not saying this new game won't sell. What I'm contesting is the notion that FighterZ didn't meet this gold standard for general audiences compared to the Tenkaichi label. The same game that's remembered as a title that got a notable foothold within the public consciousness leading up to its release, becoming one of the highest selling games of the franchise.
And yet, Xeno 2 eclipses it, Perhaps you overlooked this statement i made..
shadd21 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:52 pm 2 Mill at a time when the only new dragon ball content to look forward to was just the video games themselves, in the period between the end of the Z dub in 2003-4, and the start of Super in 2015, these were the bestselling DBZ games in that timeframe. Since 2015(when DBS premiered) there have been 4 console games, those 4 games now make up the best selling Dragon Ball games of all time, Now imagine a new Tenkaichi releasing today in a post-DBS world
FighterZ's success with general audiences has less to do with it being a competitive fighter, or "Gaining a foothold within the public consciousness" and more to do with it being released during what is a essentially Dragon Ball's renaissance, similar to the success of the Budokai games which were released during the series initial explosion in the west (the Z dub was still ongoing when Budo1 came out)
FighterZ sold more than Xenoverse 2 with 15 less months worth of sales...
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:28 pm

Fighter Z had PC, xbox, switch and ps4 to work with inside a DragonBall resurgence in current gen consoles.

Tenkaichi 3 has Ps2 and Wii without the resurgence on past gen consoles.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:43 pm

shadd21 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:03 pm FighterZ's success with general audiences has less to do with it being a competitive fighter, or "Gaining a foothold within the public consciousness" and more to do with it being released during what is a essentially Dragon Ball's renaissance, similar to the success of the Budokai games which were released during the series initial explosion in the west (the Z dub was still ongoing when Budo1 came out)
Setting aside the fact that there was a lot of hype surrounding the coming release of a big modern DB fighter, seeing an overlap between the DB fandom, fighting game enthusiasts, and others drawn by its marketing (as well as its trending/memetic life on social media), I don't see how the revival being a major contributing factor negates it being held as benchmark by the general public.

At the end of the day, their attention was drawn, they bought it, it was well received, and they continued to buy it, leading to sales seeing a continued increase in the succeeding years (as opposed to making the majority of its sales within its first year).

Furthermore, my argument was not that I doubted a new Tenkaichi title's sales can rival or even surpass FighterZ's success. I was just contesting against the above notion that FighterZ isn't held to a gold standard with general audiences, especially when compared to the Tenkaichi brand (to the extent that you asserted said brand alone would lead it to being outsold).

I agreed before that it would push some sales, but based on its past numbers (and, by extension, its exposure/brand familiarity), the bulk of any potential major success today would similarly be riding on this current renaissance and accessibility more than just the brand itself.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:13 am

jjgp1112 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:24 pm FighterZ sold more than Xenoverse 2 with 15 less months worth of sales...
Being new DB game along having (outside of handheld titles) a new gameplay style, I assume it would sell more out the gate versus Xeno2 which was a sequel.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here as Xeno2 would match it in sales in just 3 years indicating that Xeno2 ether suffered a major boom in popularity after FighterZ's release, or FighterZ's momentum after those first 15th months of launch was greatly finite in the years that followed, Ether way both goes against the notion that sparked this entire debate.
Captain-Sora wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:43 pm Setting aside the fact that there was a lot of hype surrounding the coming release of a big modern DB fighter, seeing an overlap between the DB fandom, fighting game enthusiasts, and others drawn by its marketing (as well as its trending/memetic life on social media), I don't see how the revival being a major contributing factor negates it being held as benchmark by the general public.

At the end of the day, their attention was drawn, they bought it, it was well received, and they continued to buy it, leading to sales seeing a continued increase in the succeeding years (as opposed to making the majority of its sales within its first year).

Furthermore, my argument was not that I doubted a new Tenkaichi title's sales can rival or even surpass FighterZ's success. I was just contesting against the above notion that FighterZ isn't held to a gold standard with general audiences, especially when compared to the Tenkaichi brand (to the extent that you asserted said brand alone would lead it to being outsold).
Answer me this, Do you think if FighterZ was released in the timespan between 2005 and 2012, unable to ride the coattails of the series' initial explosion in the west in the early 2000's, and it's renascence in the mid-2010's, Do you actually think FighterZ would have sold 1 million, nevermnd 8 million?

Also, it's interesting how you constantly bring up "the hype" in regards to FighterZ's success, I'm curious what you think of the "hype" spurred by just the new Tenkaichi teaser?
Captain-Sora wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:43 pm I agreed before that it would push some sales, but based on its past numbers (and, by extension, its exposure/brand familiarity), the bulk of any potential major success today would similarly be riding on this current renaissance and accessibility more than just the brand itself.
Of the DB games released between Budokai 3 and Xenoverse 1, only the Tenkaichi games were able to sell over 1 million units, that's 3 out of 23 games over a period of 15 years,

As i've already stated 3 times in this thread now, The Tenkaichi games sold extremely well considering the were released during the franchise's "dead" period, and (as others have pointed out) were restricted to just 2 platforms.

Claiming the Tenkaich brand is of little value is a bit disingenuous doncha think?

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:41 am

shadd21 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:13 am Answer me this, Do you think if FighterZ was released in the timespan between 2005 and 2012, unable to ride the coattails of the series' initial explosion in the west in the early 2000's, and it's renascence in the mid-2010's, Do you actually think FighterZ would have sold 1 million, nevermnd 8 million?
Made in an era when DBZ games were lower budget titles rushed out the door, generally lacked (and later had poor) online connectivity, and just on the cusp of the fighting genre's post-SFIV boom? I wouldn't know, because it wouldn't be FighterZ. It'd be some other undercooked game devoid of any of the value the game we're familiar with has.
Also, it's interesting how you constantly bring up "the hype" in regards to FighterZ's success, I'm curious what you think of the "hype" spurred by just the new Tenkaichi teaser?
It's very lively.
Of the DB games released between Budokai 3 and Xenoverse 1, only the Tenkaichi games were able to sell over 1 million units, that's 3 out of 23 games over a period of 15 years,

As i've already stated 3 times in this thread now, The Tenkaichi games sold extremely well considering the were released during the franchise's "dead" period, and (as others have pointed out) were restricted to just 2 platforms.

Claiming the Tenkaich brand is of little value is a bit disingenuous doncha think?
The Tenkaichi brand does have value. It will help push sales to an extent.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:12 am

Captain-Sora wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:41 am Made in an era when DBZ games were lower budget titles rushed out the door, generally lacked (and later had poor) online connectivity, and just on the cusp of the fighting genre's post-SFIV boom? I wouldn't know, because it wouldn't be FighterZ. It'd be some other undercooked game devoid of any of the value the game we're familiar with has.
Arksys could have made a "FighterZ" in the late 2000's and it likely wouldn't even hit 1 million in sales, Funny that you mention the fighting game boom as most fighters realized nowadays that don't have Tekken, MK or Smash in the title, struggle to hit the mid-millions in sales, Let alone the high millions as FighterZ did

It's almost as though brand recognition and DB's ongoing renaissance was a major contributor to it's standing as the best selling game, rather than "being held to a gold standard with general audiences" :think:
Captain-Sora wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:41 am It's very lively.

The Tenkaichi brand does have value. It will help push sales to an extent.
Yet not lively "enough" to impact sales, despite you also claiming hype being a key factor in FighterZ's major success.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:03 pm

The only Fair comparison will be comparing FighterZ to BT4 when it releases.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:24 pm

Figtherz did well because of good word of mouth and having amazing looking visuals. You had people that never like or care about the series playing it.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:04 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:03 pm The only Fair comparison will be comparing FighterZ to BT4 when it releases.
Very well. You are correct.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:59 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:53 pm...I just hope we get THE roster here, manga characters, more GT characters, Dragon Ball characters.
I love how once in awhile I see people here being delusional about having manga content into the media disconsidering nothing ever related was even animated! It's clear that Toei and Bandai doesn't have any interest of that and they probably never will.

I prefer to delude myself with more feasible things like having a Story Mode from Raditz to Jiren :lol:
Almighty Majin wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:09 pm Potential What-if Scenarios for Story Mode:
Some of these are pretty good, I always loved those what-ifs scenarios.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:03 pm

shadd21 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:12 am Arksys could have made a "FighterZ" in the late 2000's and it likely wouldn't even hit 1 million in sales, Funny that you mention the fighting game boom as most fighters realized nowadays that don't have Tekken, MK or Smash in the title, struggle to hit the mid-millions in sales, Let alone the high millions as FighterZ did

It's almost as though brand recognition and DB's ongoing renaissance was a major contributor to it's standing as the best selling game, rather than "being held to a gold standard with general audiences" :think:
The aforementioned budget and dev time constraints of the period wouldn't have given us FighterZ with the level of polish, depth, and content as we know it, so it's a moot point. I understand what you're getting at, but it's arguing in bad faith when you place the game in a hypothetical scenario where you know the odds and conditions surrounding such a project would've resulted in a far lesser title, having little merit to gain the goodwill the real FighterZ developed outside of the fanbase. The waning interest in DB would've been the nail in its coffin rather than the deciding factor.
Yet not lively "enough" to impact sales, despite you also claiming hype being a key factor in FighterZ's major success.
I've repeatedly said it will push sales. This isn't in dispute. What I've been contesting against since the beginning was the notion that FighterZ wasn't as highly regarded with general audiences (despite one of its defining aspects pre-release was getting people talking even outside of the DB fandom and resonating with the general public) and that the Tenkaichi label would outsell it through its brand recognition alone.

Something that I don't even understand what you take issue with, considering after I brought up Tenkaichi's past numbers to illustrate why it'd take more than said label alone, you pretty much outright say that this new game will be elevated by renewed interest in the franchise as a whole:
shadd21 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:52 pm Now imagine a new Tenkaichi releasing today in a post-DBS world.
Which I agree with and illustrates my point. That it's less the Tenkaichi name is going to do most of the legwork and that, similar to FighterZ, the renaissance is still going to be a factor in taking those initial numbers its early successes had and inflating them to FZ and XV2 levels (or even go further beyond). So what do you even take issue with and why the unnecessary condescension? You share the same sentiments.
miguelnuva1 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:03 pm The only Fair comparison will be comparing FighterZ to BT4 when it releases.
That doesn't have much bearing on the discussion at hand. I didn't come to start a pissing contest. Only questioning the downplaying of FighterZ's success with the general public (to the degree that it'd take nothing but the Tenkaichi name alone to dwarf it). I don't doubt the new game could do as well as FighterZ or even surpass it.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:03 pm

Captain-Sora wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:03 pm Arksys could have made a "FighterZ" in the late 2000's and it likely wouldn't even hit 1 million in sales, Funny that you mention the fighting game boom as most fighters realized nowadays that don't have Tekken, MK or Smash in the title, struggle to hit the mid-millions in sales, Let alone the high millions as FighterZ did

The aforementioned budget and dev time constraints of the period wouldn't have given us FighterZ with the level of polish, depth, and content as we know it, so it's a moot point. I understand what you're getting at, but it's arguing in bad faith when you place the game in a hypothetical scenario where you know the odds and conditions surrounding such a project would've resulted in a far lesser title, having little merit to gain the goodwill the real FighterZ developed outside of the fanbase. The waning interest in DB would've been the nail in its coffin rather than the deciding factor.
I've repeatedly said it will push sales. This isn't in dispute. What I've been contesting against since the beginning was the notion that FighterZ wasn't as highly regarded with general audiences (despite one of its defining aspects pre-release was getting people talking even outside of the DB fandom and resonating with the general public) and that the Tenkaichi label would outsell it through its brand recognition alone.

Something that I don't even understand what you take issue with, considering after I brought up Tenkaichi's past numbers to illustrate why it'd take more than said label alone, you pretty much outright say that this new game will be elevated by renewed interest in the franchise as a whole:
shadd21 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:52 pm Now imagine a new Tenkaichi releasing today in a post-DBS world.
Which I agree with and illustrates my point. That it's less the Tenkaichi name is going to do most of the legwork and that, similar to FighterZ, the renaissance is still going to be a factor in taking those initial numbers its early successes had and inflating them to FZ and XV2 levels (or even go further beyond). So what do you even take issue with and why the unnecessary condescension? You share the same sentiments.
That doesn't have much bearing on the discussion at hand. I didn't come to start a pissing contest. Only questioning the downplaying of FighterZ's success with the general public (to the degree that it'd take nothing but the Tenkaichi name alone to dwarf it). I don't doubt the new game could do as well as FighterZ or even surpass it.
[/quote]

This whole thing started from someone claiming "no one in the general audience really wants a Tenkaich 4 because FighterZ raised the "standards" of the series", while citing it's sales in comparison to the Tenkaichi games, all i'm saying is that's not the case. I'm not saying that FighterZ's buzz and marketing didn't play a part it in to reaching the millions in sales, but to say it became the one of the best selling games was because it "resonated" with the mainstream audience is misleading considering from 2015 onwards the DB brand was going though a renaissance brought on by Super (Sales data for the series backs this up) the fact that it outsold Xeno 2 at lanch, only to be caught by it not long after proves that the general public doesn't hold it to some "higher standard" to other DB games like the FGC does.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:56 pm

shadd21 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:47 am
To the general audience, FighterZ is not viewed as this "golden standard" of DB games that you think it is, The Tenkaichi branding alone is likely to make this game outsell FighterZ
:D I bet if you ask the general audience what they prefer Fighterz will win out 9 times outta ten only the nostalgic old heads act like Tenkaichi was this godly game rather than the low quality cash grab kusoge it really was.

Those same anime gamers also all collectable lost their shit at the new BT announcement
There is a quote that sums up the fandom as of late

“When you settle for Crumbs you will always be starving”

The only reason it’s hyped cause DB fans want something “good” to latch on to since everything post the Broly movie from anime,manga,merch etc has been absolute dogshit not worth a paying a single penny for.So anything that looks meh graphically is hyped to ridiculous levels.

Considering how they seem to be treating this game as a direct follow-up to BT3,) I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they are aware that this game has a higher standard to live up to. Versus those games which were treated their own thing.
Gee remind me where have we seen this before a game gets hyped to the high heaven over a teaser trailer yet the game is a complete flop upon release *cough* jump force

fool me once, shame on you(Spike); fool me twice, shame on me.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:29 pm

At first I was stressing out over the roster, but I feel like right now the only thing that matters is HQ gameplay. Like Xenoverse has a "big" roster, but the gameplay is so bland and unfun that it doesn't really feel like a Dragon Ball game, it's more of a basic arena fighter with Dragon Ball tacked on. Heck, 95% of the mods are just adding things that it should have had in the first installment, things other DB games have.

Like, I don't want to play as Broly if his attacks aren't replicating the same amount of power and badassery I saw in the movie.

Also, I feel like on top of having things the other Tenkaichi games had (destructive finishes, giant characters, high quality transformation cutscenes (Frieza/Cooler in the RB games), in-game-fusions, what-if stories, tag-ultimate attacks - Raging Blas, etc). it should also enhance some of these features.

Right off the top of my head, destructive finishes are a good example, and IMO a really important aspect that DB games should have. Xenoverse doesn't have them and more than half of the ultimates lose the luster they had in the anime because of it. BT3 had them, and I think we've all seen the Yamcha/Omega Shenron gif so I won't delve into it. I think it should take notes from FighterZ and have multiple depending on the map you're in with some of the bigger characters getting unique ones after popping their ultimate.
Last edited by IntangibleFancy on Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:39 pm

Noah wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:59 pm
I love how once in awhile I see people here being delusional about having manga content into the media disconsidering nothing ever related was even animated! It's clear that Toei and Bandai doesn't have any interest of that and they probably never will.
Bro just say that YOU personally hate the manga stuff and don’t want it instead of acting all high and mighty like you know for certain what Toei and Bandai does or doesn’t want to do.I don’t know why it gets you riled up when ppl say in this thread “ hey I want moro etc stuff in the games”

and considering that based off some of the reviews from Kakarot a lot of ppl are tired of playing raditz to buu ad nauseam in db video games. I’d hope they add something truly different and “new” whether it’s manga or w/e instead of the same old re-hashed story modes we played decades ago.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:33 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:56 pm Gee remind me where have we seen this before a game gets hyped to the high heaven over a teaser trailer yet the game is a complete flop upon release *cough* jump force

fool me once, shame on you(Spike); fool me twice, shame on me.
Which is fair, you have every reason not want to give them your money, However other people have the right to be optimistic, and even excited for this game
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:56 pm :D I bet if you ask the general audience what they prefer Fighterz will win out 9 times outta ten only the nostalgic old heads act like Tenkaichi was this godly game rather than the low quality cash grab kusoge it really was.
I would refute this argument, But i literally just spend the past nearly 2 pages doing so already, Get a new record dude, self-projecting what you think the general audience "wants" isn't going to cut it c:

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:56 pm There is a quote that sums up the fandom as of late

“When you settle for Crumbs you will always be starving”

The only reason it’s hyped cause DB fans want something “good” to latch on to since everything post the Broly movie from anime,manga,merch etc has been absolute dogshit not worth a paying a single penny for.So anything that looks meh graphically is hyped to ridiculous levels.
That's sujective, A lot of people view the Moro arc as one of super's best arcs, and there are people who like Super Hero for it's focus on Piccolo and Gohan, and believe it or not some people actually like the Granola arc, I don't know how things are on the merch of things, but on the game front at least, The fandom certainly isn't "staving" if the sales are anything to go by. Sounds like more projection on your part.

Also, Before your argument was "anime fans don't care about Tenkaichi because they now have FighterZ"? now it "anime fans only care about tenkaichi because their "starved" of content" While you're out looking for that new record, try picking a lane while you're at it.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon May 08, 2023 3:17 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:39 pm
Bro just say that YOU personally hate the manga stuff and don’t want it instead of acting all high and mighty like you know for certain what Toei and Bandai does or doesn’t want to do.I don’t know why it gets you riled up when ppl say in this thread “ hey I want moro etc stuff in the games”

and considering that based off some of the reviews from Kakarot a lot of ppl are tired of playing raditz to buu ad nauseam in db video games. I’d hope they add something truly different and “new” whether it’s manga or w/e instead of the same old re-hashed story modes we played decades ago.
Not to mention Toyo said in a interview that he was looking forward to seeing the new manga forms (UE) in videogames soon. So I guess the mangaka working on DBS is as delusional as the rest of the fandom.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Mon May 08, 2023 3:32 pm

I hope they take more from the Raging Blast games. The UI was sleeker and the controls were better. Using the right stick to use Supers is much better. The gameplay also had more mechanics and was more complex from what I remember, specifically in the second game.

Though more importantly I just want to have one Goku with all transformations and be able to customize his attacks and costume. Being able to use SS3 Goku with his unweighted Raditz Gi or his Yardrat outfit was always the coolest thing. If we can transform from SS all the way to MUI that would be amazing.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon May 08, 2023 8:54 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:17 pm
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:39 pm

Not to mention Toyo said in a interview that he was looking forward to seeing the new manga forms (UE) in videogames soon. So I guess the mangaka working on DBS is as delusional as the rest of the fandom.
If anything they need to just put Ultra Ego in the next Dragon Ball movie so we can see it in the video games lol

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Wed May 10, 2023 2:42 am

Yuji wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:32 pm I hope they take more from the Raging Blast games. The UI was sleeker and the controls were better. Using the right stick to use Supers is much better. The gameplay also had more mechanics and was more complex from what I remember, specifically in the second game.

Though more importantly I just want to have one Goku with all transformations and be able to customize his attacks and costume. Being able to use SS3 Goku with his unweighted Raditz Gi or his Yardrat outfit was always the coolest thing. If we can transform from SS all the way to MUI that would be amazing.
No the game they need to take from the most (which knowing bandai scamco they wont) is Zenkai Battle Royale and improve on ideas shown in that game greatly. Zenkai Battle royale was made by the same people who made the undisputed 20+ year reigning champ anime arena fighter series called Gundam VS. & to go off topic a bit Gundam VS is the only anime arena fighter that should even be considered highly competitive,fast paced, & technical there is a reason they have entire floors for that game cabniet in the arcades in Japan. I implore anyone whos tired of the samey one button, everybody fights the same,crappy arena fighters bandai puts out to try Gundam EXVS Maxiboost ON from the PSN store.

The only issue with Zenkai is it played extremely slow but did so many other things right. Take the a hybrid of BT3(speed)/Zenkai Battle royale/EXVS with the ratio/cost system so ppl arent spamming the same characters. Make everyone have a unique of a moveset as possible & for good measure throw in a Budokai mode where you can play the game in the style of infnite world to appease the angry oldheads mad this isnt the 1st Budokai series getting revived. Do all that and this game might just sell 3 million copies hell could make EVO like gundam exvs did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7My88XdHqrM :thumbup:

However i doubt they will and most likey they could save that gameplay style for XV3 if Tenkaichi flops like Breakers