"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mecha3000
Regular

Re: A new Budokai Tenkaichi has been announced

Post by mecha3000 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:48 am

Another feature I want in this game is bigger and more elaborate environments. Imagine fighting your opponent in a deep forest or a hidden cave, all the while the lighting reflects the change in scenery.

Also, I want the Z Item Fusion feature back because it was a unique way to unlock characters.

Kazuya Mishima
Banned

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:21 am

Yuji wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:23 am I hope there aren't separate versions of the same character. I'd like to go from SS all the way to UI with the same Goku. I believe the Raging Blast games got it right, allowing you to customize your Super attacks and transformations.
This definitely. They don't need to create countless different Gokus' and Vegeta's. Just create the one and add customisable moves so that they can represent their portrayal at whatever point in the timeline.

Super Saiyan Zach

Post by Super Saiyan Zach » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:54 pm

Kazuya Mishima wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:21 am
Yuji wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:23 am I hope there aren't separate versions of the same character. I'd like to go from SS all the way to UI with the same Goku. I believe the Raging Blast games got it right, allowing you to customize your Super attacks and transformations.
This definitely. They don't need to create countless different Gokus' and Vegeta's. Just create the one and add customisable moves so that they can represent their portrayal at whatever point in the timeline.
I could at least seem separating certain characters like having Goku (Z) & Goku (Super). Basically something like this:

Goku (Z): Kaioken, SSJ, SSJ2 & SSJ3
Goku (Super): SSJ, SSG, SSB & SSBKK
Goku (UI): Sign & Mastered
Goku (GT): SSJ, SSJ3
Goku (SSJ4)
Goku (Kid): Great Ape

The only problem with putting all the forms on one character is that you'd probably need tons of bars of ki in order to reach UI, for example. Also worth nothing that besides Goku & Vegeta, most characters won't have 7+ transformations. Breaking it up in reasonable batches makes things a little more fair. Could also see UE Vegeta, Beast Gohan & Orange Piccolo being their own slots. Black Frieza could also be its own slot, starting with Final Form 50%, Golden and then Black (calling it Frieza (Super)).

There definitely shouldn't be a different slot for each individual transformation but I think the way I have it is reasonable. Of course if they find a way to dump all the transformations into one slot and make it reasonable, that would be great as well.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:27 pm

tbh I probably wouldn't even put Black Frieza in the game until he's appeared more often

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:21 pm

As far as Super goes, who do you think is making the cut, who's being added to DLC and who's not getting in at all?

Obvious:
A17 (DBS)
Frieza (DBS)
Broly
Trunks (DBS)
SSB Gogeta
Jiren
Hit
Kefla
Zamasu
Goku Black
Merged Zamasu
Caulifla
Kale
Bergamo
Toppo maybe?

DLC:
Dyspo
Cabba
Lavender
Basil
Champa
Vados
Mai
Ribrianne
Kakunsa
Rosie

Might be left out despite having solid material for a moveset:
Aniraza
Kahseral
Magetta
Ganos
Gods of Destruction

I'm unsure if Super Hero is going to make it in the base game or be DLC. I'm hoping they added it in right at the last second.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Kazuya Mishima
Banned

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:25 am

Super Saiyan Zach wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:54 pmI could at least seem separating certain characters like having Goku (Z) & Goku (Super). Basically something like this:

Goku (SSJ4)
See I think people could end up setting themselves up for disappointment with this. Tenkaichi 3 had absolutely everyone so people may expect Tenkaichi 4 to now have everyone as well...when there's all of Super to work with.

It worked for Tenkaichi 3 because they just recycled the same character models from previous games whereas for Tenkaichi 4 they'll have to create all the characters from scratch and they aren't about to create hundreds.

I think all we'd need is Goku who can go from Kaioken to Super Saiyan Blue, a GT Goku and arguably if necessary a Goku that goes Ultra Instinct.

I definitely don't expect the game to have all the obscure characters though like Kid Chi Chi and Namu.

Super Saiyan Zach

Post by Super Saiyan Zach » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:51 am

Kazuya Mishima wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:25 am
Super Saiyan Zach wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:54 pmI could at least seem separating certain characters like having Goku (Z) & Goku (Super). Basically something like this:

Goku (SSJ4)
See I think people could end up setting themselves up for disappointment with this. Tenkaichi 3 had absolutely everyone so people may expect Tenkaichi 4 to now have everyone as well...when there's all of Super to work with.

It worked for Tenkaichi 3 because they just recycled the same character models from previous games whereas for Tenkaichi 4 they'll have to create all the characters from scratch and they aren't about to create hundreds.

I think all we'd need is Goku who can go from Kaioken to Super Saiyan Blue, a GT Goku and arguably if necessary a Goku that goes Ultra Instinct.

I definitely don't expect the game to have all the obscure characters though like Kid Chi Chi and Namu.
I'd love if they included as many characters from Tenkaichi 3 as possible, but I am definitely not expecting them to include everyone from that game, especially in the base game of T4. I don't know what breaking up characters like how I suggested has to do with not having everyone from T3. If anything, this could be a way to flesh out the roster initially.

Kazuya Mishima
Banned

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:07 pm

Well it's surely more resources to create a lot of largely the same character.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:29 pm

Kazuya Mishima wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:07 pm Well it's surely more resources to create a lot of largely the same character.
Once a character is made it is a lot quicker to clone them. For example Goku fights mostly the same and only needs ew transforms so they could make Goku z and Goku Super at almost the same time for example.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:52 pm

When do you think we'll get a release date? 6 months from now? Sooner than that?

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:25 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:52 pm When do you think we'll get a release date? 6 months from now? Sooner than that?
Considering it was just a teaser, I assume it's in the early stages. November if it's in 2023, otherwise just 2024.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:58 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:52 pm When do you think we'll get a release date? 6 months from now? Sooner than that?
Probably be out in 2024 going by the release schedule of the games since 2016.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Super Saiyan Zach

Post by Super Saiyan Zach » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:32 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if the release date ends up being 2025. As it was mentioned, the game is still early in development. I know that people probably won't like waiting 2 years for a DBZ game and honestly, I don't think they've ever made us wait that long for one. To be fair, if they are going to make us wait for any DBZ game, it would only make sense for it to be a BT game. Also, 2025 is the 20th anniversary of the BT series!

In the interim, we are getting Kakarot & Breakers DLC. XV2 is also still getting supported. Maybe FighterZ will get another season pass depending on what happens with the rollback netcode update.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:09 am

2024 could sneak a game up and leave this for 2025. Depends of what gets reveled at E3 or TGS.

Modern_Dingus

Post by Modern_Dingus » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:35 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:09 am 2024 could sneak a game up and leave this for 2025. Depends of what gets reveled at E3 or TGS.
"Alright... everyone get ready for the long anticipated Dragon Ball game for 2024... DRAGON BALL LEGENDS: CONSOLE EDITION"
Are you a fan of Xenoverse 2? Want to help spread awareness of other races utility? Check this out!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46756

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:27 am

Although I'm REALLY happy for BT4, I'm kind of hoping the previous BT games get remastered and re-released on PS5. And honestly, they can do the same thing the Budokai HD Collection did and axe 1 game. I'd get rid of Tenkaichi 1 since it's the weakest of the trilogy and has Kenji Yamamoto's tracks in it (outside Japan, at least).

This would also be a good way to bring the older games to newer generations, all the while providing fans a holdover game before BT4 releases. And since BT4's roster will probably be smaller than what fans want, a remaster of BT3 would fulfill what BT4 can't by having characters like Arale, General Blue and Babidi, among many others.

Oh, and please bring online to BT3 if this actually happens!

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:33 am

Apprantly the source code was lost from BT3 so a remaster would be hard from what I hear.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:42 pm

Only the third game is worth playing IMO. The first game was always a bad game and the second game is alright. I know people like the story mode in the second game, but I feel like the story mode is not very good. It does not have the freedom that B3 where you can have different story paths that can lead up to another series of events. Unlocking stuff is still a chore when the third Sparking game has most of it content already unlock.
She/Her

Kazuya Mishima
Banned

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:31 pm

Tenkaichi 2 followed the story of the series too closely. Way too many fights, if a character even argued in the series it seemed to be a fight in the game.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:26 pm

I would not say too closely seeing that they did skip out on several stuff. They also used Buu saga Adult Gohan for the Future Trunks saga which made it confusing. The acting and dailogue is both bad in both the English and Japanese versin with the actors sounding bored and not caring about on what they are doing.
She/Her