You Guys Remember The Raging Blast 3 Project by Treevax?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

You Guys Remember The Raging Blast 3 Project by Treevax?

Post by Yasai9001 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:19 pm

I sure remember and thought that would be the best, perfect Dragon Ball Z Game to ever exist (thinking at this point the Tenkaichi Series was officially dead).

Now, Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 4 is coming out and I can not help but think that Namco has let all the hype die down over the years in regards to Treevax's Raging Blast 3 project (out of sight, out of mind [gone so long, most tend to forget] );- the project was first brought to awareness over a decade ago and eventually Treevax, if I'm not mistaken, had pretty much given up on the hopes of his project being greenlit by those in position to make Dragon Ball Video Games.

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is debated to be the best game in the franchise, so for them to simply tease Budokai Tenkaichi 4 is the most sophisticated move on their part - the title alone will have everyone by the cojones. I mean, they have the attention of all the older fans who grew up playing this game back in the day, as well as others who've grown to take a liking to it. They don't even need to push too much, either. Time could be made making this game and it could be perfect, but for some reason, I can't help but think that they're going to take Treevax's idea and run with it.

Raging Blast compared to Budokai Tenkaichi, by majority, is believed to be better than Raging Blast and I, myself am a believer in that. So to use Budokai Tenkaichi's likeness and already solidified reputation would be the most efficient action to cause a positive domino effect for their marketing and inevitable successful release sales on this game.

And if the game is great? And gets awesome reviews? (which I believe many think it will), it will take its big check right to the bank.

I'm not hoping that Namco would take such a project idea and hold it under the guise of another series, well at least, without crediting the person responsible for the idea in the very first place. His ideals were pretty much picture perfect and most things that tend to be too good to be true tend to be exactly that, but what if Namco wanted to make this project a reality? With their own twist.

These companies can be very attentive, observant, and cut-throat opportunistic.

But if they were to do such a thing, I just hope Treevax gets some credit by them. That's all.

Thoughts?

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: You Guys Remember The Raging Blast 3 Project by Treevax?

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:24 pm

When I was a kid I would look at the RB3 Project pictures everyday lol