"Serious Goku" Comments on DB Youtube Clips

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yomi
Regular

"Serious Goku" Comments on DB Youtube Clips

Post by Yomi » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:36 am

It's strange to me that on every dragon ball video on youtube.
The first 5 top comments are always the same.

"I miss when Goku was serious, DBS doesn't have that."
"This is what DBS is missing, serious goku."
"Hey guys remember when Goku was smart and not like he is in DBS"

Like damn, I get it already, can I find some opinions/reactions to the video please?

Just a pet peeve of mine. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this phenomenon.
:clap:

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Serious Goku" Comments on DB Youtube Clips

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:31 am

Yomi wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:36 am It's strange to me that on every dragon ball video on youtube.

Like damn, I get it already, can I find some opinions/reactions to the video please?

Just a pet peeve of mine. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this phenomenon.
Most of those are from people that watch the superman dub (Funi) and takes filler into account and never touch the manga. I never took them serious, because saying that is just proof that they did not watch the show or they watch it without sound and a screen. but it's nothing new in fandom, same thing is happening with Star Wars.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:38 pm

I bet that for these people, in animated DBS there's no context for the scenes that are purposedly meant to be comical, and the fights, where Goku is genuinely smart, are non-existent.
In my country they are called "DBZ widows" due to the unbelievable praise that they give to Z (and fsr ignore DB 84/86) and hate Super due to stuff that was literally in Z, don't take them seriously :lol:
Edit: this "phenomenon" is contantly seen here as well, again, the "Z widows" who don't want to watch Super right or read the comic.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:58 pm

Goku being dumber in Super is a legitimate criticism though, and there's a genuine disconnect between his character now vs then. The recent scene in Super Hero were he says meditation isn't real training is a huge contradiction, as is the weird line about him not knowing what a kiss is. There's also the scene were he pesters Whis nonstop about training, and countless others like it.

Not every complaint about Goku's recent portrayal should be chalked up to "They only watched the Funi dub". He's one of several characters that became a caricature in Super.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:49 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:38 pm Edit: this "phenomenon" is contantly seen here as well, again, the "Z widows" who don't want to watch Super right or read the comic.
Hmm I didn't know. I haven't really been around the forums since the show ended.
Was just paroosing through some Z clips, checked the comments as one does on
videos, and disappointed to see that it's just people going on about "serious goku".
90sDBZ wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:58 pm Goku being dumber in Super is a legitimate criticism though, and there's a genuine disconnect between his character now vs then.
Not every complaint about Goku's recent portrayal should be chalked up to "They only watched the Funi dub". He's one of several characters that became a caricature in Super.
:eh: I get it, I just think people should actually talk relevant stuff instead of constantly feeling the need to shit on super
everytime they see a cool DeeBeeZee clip. Especially since it's so overplayed by now.
:clap:

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:39 pm

Yomi wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:49 pm Hmm I didn't know. I haven't really been around the forums since the show ended.
Aaah no my bad XD with "here" I meant my country, people in brazilian groups and yt videos constantly talk about Super being trash, and I seriously have the feeling that it's 10 times worse than in the US :thumbdown:
:eh: I get it, I just think people should actually talk relevant stuff instead of constantly feeling the need to shit on super
everytime they see a cool DeeBeeZee clip. Especially since it's so overplayed by now.
There's people for that all around, it's funny because generally the people that hate on Super have nonsensical arguments against it, while people that have good arguments are the ons that doesn't hate it.
90sDBZ wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:58 pm Goku being dumber in Super is a legitimate criticism though, and there's a genuine disconnect between his character now vs then. The recent scene in Super Hero were he says meditation isn't real training is a huge contradiction, as is the weird line about him not knowing what a kiss is, He's one of several characters that became a caricature in Super.
No it's not, it's up to personal interpretation and taste, Goku isn't dumber, he have more scenes where he acts dumb, I said that in a previous post and gonna repeat it, it seems that everyone completely ignores Goku's fights in Super, is Goku also dumb in the fights?
Super's Goku can be boiled down to a simple reasoning: he's dumb when he needs to and he's serious when he needs to, the thing in Super is the simple fact that Toei purposedly wanted more comical moments in the series, wanting something more "family friendly', so you have a lot of moments of Goku being silly, AND HE'S NOT ALONE, Vegeta, Kuririn, Bulma, everyone acts very "kids cartoon like" as well in these moments, don't you remember when Vegeta dances and make funny faces only to convince Whis to train him? People only talk about Goku because he's the star, with the true problem being that Toei gave him the spotlight in moments that it wasn't necessary, The "legimitate criticism" is Goku having more screen time than he should and the Super animated series itself having more comical moments than Z, but people should understand that Super purposedly has a different mood from Z, they also expected Goku to be appealing to children.
I think these people really should read the Super comic.
As for the scene in Super Hero, there's the detail that he's probably talking about it in a physical training context, at the moment he just finished a physical training with Broly so it makes sense for me, I really don't get how so many people get confused with this scene, it can be a plot hole? Yeah, but there are a lot of worse cases, even in Z.
And about he not knowing what a kiss is, he doesn't know a lot of things, he never saw a kiss, how is that weird?
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:10 pm

It's more than valid to point out if a character is acting in a way you believe is inorganic. I agree, that Goku not understanding the value of meditation is out of character by that point. It doesn't surprise me since many shows take a similar route as they go on. Scrubs started off as a relatively grounded show, and by the fifth season, JD and Turk get attacked by ostriches who have been trained to be sentries to protect someone's house. It's not always a bad thing but it happens. Vegeta has to explain to Goku the secret to Jiren's power - he's not actually that much stronger, but he has no wasted motion. The whole idea behind Ultra Instinct is THAT. No wasted motion and not wasting even the time it takes to think. Just react and attack instinctually. Then when he trained for the Cell Games, he realizes the limitations of Super Saiyan Grade 1 through meditation. This isn't a foreign concept to him.
And about he not knowing what a kiss is, he doesn't know a lot of things, he never saw a kiss, how is that weird?
He's had sex and had a wedding!
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:26 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:31 am
Yomi wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:36 am It's strange to me that on every dragon ball video on youtube.

Most of those are from people that watch the superman dub (Funi) and takes filler into account and never touch the manga. I never took them serious, because saying that is just proof that they did not watch the show or they watch it without sound and a screen. but it's nothing new in fandom, same thing is happening with Star Wars.
I think that is a huge assumption to make that people hasn't watched the Japanese Dub or hasn't read the manga.
I watched DB/DBZ in English, Spanish and Japanese and read the manga. I watched Dragon Ball GT in English, Spanish and Japanese.
I can say DBS Anime Goku is inferior compared to DB/DBZ Goku by a lot.

DBS Anime I only watched it in Japanese Dub (all the episodes) and Spanish Dub (some episode).

I don't see videos of people complaining about DBS, they don't appear on Youtube for me when I go into them. I guess since I never search for them, I guess that is the reason.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:38 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:39 pm No it's not, it's up to personal interpretation and taste, Goku isn't dumber, he have more scenes where he acts dumb, I said that in a previous post and gonna repeat it, it seems that everyone completely ignores Goku's fights in Super, is Goku also dumb in the fights?
Super's Goku can be boiled down to a simple reasoning: he's dumb when he needs to and he's serious when he needs to, the thing in Super is the simple fact that Toei purposedly wanted more comical moments in the series, wanting something more "family friendly', so you have a lot of moments of Goku being silly, AND HE'S NOT ALONE, Vegeta, Kuririn, Bulma, everyone acts very "kids cartoon like" as well in these moments, don't you remember when Vegeta dances and make funny faces only to convince Whis to train him? People only talk about Goku because he's the star, with the true problem being that Toei gave him the spotlight in moments that it wasn't necessary, The "legimitate criticism" is Goku having more screen time than he should and the Super animated series itself having more comical moments than Z, but people should understand that Super purposedly has a different mood from Z, they also expected Goku to be appealing to children.
I think these people really should read the Super comic.
As for the scene in Super Hero, there's the detail that he's probably talking about it in a physical training context, at the moment he just finished a physical training with Broly so it makes sense for me, I really don't get how so many people get confused with this scene, it can be a plot hole? Yeah, but there are a lot of worse cases, even in Z.
Vegeta in DBS is a great character, he swallowed his pride, to try and protect the earth from Beerus, that is why he did that dance. Vegeta idea worked, that seems to calm Beerus down.
In DBZ Vegeta would help his enemies power up, get resurrected and even destroy the earth. Example Cell perfect form, Buu resurrected and Kid Buu destroying the earth.

Vegeta knows how to train smart in DBS, something that DBZ Vegeta didn't know how to train smart.

Goku was smart in DBZ, such as knowing why meditation was good, why SSJ1 was better to master instead of SSJ Grade 2/3, knowing why spirit and body should be in harmony like in the Ginyu fight, etc.

Basically DBS Vegeta and DBS Goku has switched roles. Vegeta is the genius in DBS, while Goku is a idiot who can't figure nothing out. There are episode in DBS dedicated to Goku being dumb. Goku couldn't figure out Beerus lies or Beerus in costume.

In DB Goku figured out Kami lies and the strength difference between Tenshinhan and Tao Pai Pai, while the others didn't figure it out. So the humans got a boost in intelligence, while Goku got nerfed in DBS.

Toriyama Goku isn't Superman that is true, however Toriyama Goku isn't Robin (TTG) or Patrick (Spongebob)

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:15 pm

super michael wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:38 pm In DB Goku figured out Kami lies and the strength difference between Tenshinhan and Tao Pai Pai, while the others didn't figure it out. So the humans got a boost in intelligence, while Goku got nerfed in DBS.
This isn't a matter of intelligence. Goku simply sensed their ki. Okay, with Shen/Kami, there's a little more to it that actually shows some deductive reasoning, but his first big clue to Shen's identity was he sensed he was stronger than he let on.
Last edited by ABED on Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:16 pm

super michael wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:26 pm
Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:31 am

I think that is a huge assumption to make that people hasn't watched the Japanese Dub or hasn't read the manga.
I watched DB/DBZ in English, Spanish and Japanese and read the manga. I watched Dragon Ball GT in English, Spanish and Japanese.
I can say DBS Anime Goku is inferior compared to DB/DBZ Goku by a lot.

DBS Anime I only watched it in Japanese Dub (all the episodes) and Spanish Dub (some episode).

I don't see videos of people complaining about DBS, they don't appear on Youtube for me when I go into them. I guess since I never search for them, I guess that is the reason.
I did not say that Super Goku was the superior character, but that he had a lot of serious moments in Super but i guess they screens turns off when those scene show up? And i have seen so many people talk about the filler scene were Goku kissed Chi Chi and us it against Super. If people gonna shit on Super atleast do some research lol.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:26 pm

My big issue with the "serious Goku" thing is when people claim he was more serious about world ending threats in DB than in Super. He wasn't, and not even the gods were. Elder Kaioshin keeps Gohan from going to Earth to fight Buu for a few minutes after he finished his power up because he wanted to make it "more dramatic."

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:06 pm

ABED wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:15 pm
super michael wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:38 pm In DB Goku figured out Kami lies and the strength difference between Tenshinhan and Tao Pai Pai, while the others didn't figure it out. So the humans got a boost in intelligence, while Goku got nerfed in DBS.
This isn't a matter of intelligence. Goku simply sensed their ki. Okay, with Shen/Kami, there's a little more to it that actually shows some deductive reasoning, but his first big clue to Shen's identity was he sensed he was stronger than he let on.
Actually what gave Kami away was when the announcer said Shen won the match, then Goku put Shen + ron together to make Shenron. Goku put that connection Shen to God/Kami.

I don't believe sensing would help, Kami says later on that the body he borrowed was weak. Basically what Goku would sense is the human body, not Kami himself. What Kami does is rely on skills.

It doesn't change Goku figured out Kami identity. He figured out Kami lies.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:36 pm

super michael wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:06 pm
ABED wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:15 pm
Actually what gave Kami away was when the announcer said Shen won the match, then Goku put Shen + ron together to make Shenron. Goku put that connection Shen to God/Kami.

I don't believe sensing would help, Kami says later on that the body he borrowed was weak. Basically what Goku would sense is the human body, not Kami himself. What Kami does is rely on skills.

It doesn't change Goku figured out Kami identity. He figured out Kami lies.
That was the last piece of the puzzle but it wasn't the only thing. He could sense Shen wasn't nearly as weak as he let on. The body he used was weak, but he is using his own ki. He wouldn't have been able to defeat Yamcha or fight Piccolo at all had he just been relying on pure skill. Lastly, there was never some rule that Kami doesn't lie. You are making a much bigger deal of that than it truly is.

Regardless, Goku is exaggerated in Super, and often the writers go too far with "Goku was raised in the boonies and doesn't understand social norms." They don't exaggerate the extent Goku will go to have a good fight. He's always put the world in danger for a better fight. The big difference in Super is the scale. Instead of the world or universe, it's the multiverse. But by that point the scale is utterly ridiculous, I don't know why anyone has an issue with it.
Last edited by ABED on Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:38 pm

super michael wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:38 pm Vegeta in DBS is a great character, he swallowed his pride, to try and protect the earth from Beerus, that is why he did that dance. Vegeta idea worked, that seems to calm Beerus down.
I'm talking about when he tries to convince Whis to train him, he does some stupid dances and facil expressions without any reason, and don't forget what comes right after.
Goku was smart in DBZ, such as knowing why meditation was good, why SSJ1 was better to master instead of SSJ Grade 2/3, knowing why spirit and body should be in harmony like in the Ginyu fight, etc.
Basically DBS Vegeta and DBS Goku has switched roles. Vegeta is the genius in DBS, while Goku is a idiot who can't figure nothing out. There are episode in DBS dedicated to Goku being dumb. Goku couldn't figure out Beerus lies or Beerus in costume.
In DB Goku figured out Kami lies and the strength difference between Tenshinhan and Tao Pai Pai, while the others didn't figure it out. So the humans got a boost in intelligence, while Goku got nerfed in DBS.
Ah man, I don't want to be rude, but that's exactly just what annoys me the most in these claims, fully dedicated to say how smart Goku was then, but for Super, no, use arguments that are even dumber than this supposed Goku, of course Goku couldn't figure out Beerus was in costume, That was the purpose of that damn comical episode! How you think that episode was supposed to work? Of course he trusted Beerus' lies about Monaka! Dragon Ball is a cartoon! In cartoons we always have characters with really bad and obvious disguise of person x that somehow convinces the others that this character is person x and not person y in disguise, why do you think this is absurd but not Piccolo accepting to drive cars in that DBZ filler episode? We all know that he would never have accepted that, specifically when he's not fused with Kami yet, that was simply made for the sake of the episode's mood, there's absolutely nothing wrong with all of these.

Why it's so hard to try to say that Goku also is smart in Super?
▪︎He decided to not fight alongside the others against Beerus only to learn how the cat god fights
▪︎Fully understood what Vegeta said about how Botamo could be defeated
▪︎Witnessed the fight between Vegeta and Hit to learn about Hit's techniques
▪︎Caught Hit in his time skip technique, without even transforming.
▪︎Mixed SSJ Blue with the Kaioken to surpass Hit's time skip, surprising everyone, even Beerus
▪︎Released a Ki blast to the sky before he was killed to be sure that this ki blast would come back and revive him
▪︎Avoided using Blue + Kaioken during the whole Black arc because he knew how op Black and Zamasu were, and that Blue + Kaioken would only make things worse for him.
▪︎Used Blue Kaioken at the right time against Zamasu
▪︎Was the only one able to remember that a certain blue kid was the only being capable of defeating Universe Zamasu
▪︎In a place that he couldn't fly, remembered to call the Kintoun
▪︎Was the only one who could remember that a Immortal Being could be "defeated" by using the mafuba
▪︎Because of how many opponents there were in the ToP, he decided to use SSJ God again, and only use SSJB against the "right opponents", as Jiren, since SSJB against everyone would've waste a lot of his ki too fast.
▪︎Used the SSJGod to follow Dyspo and then switch to Blue to attack him, making him able to predict Dyspo's moves, with Whis and Beerus even praising him

And many many many more, I could write here all day.
I don't want to change your mind, but a critic shouldn't be "this one is good because this, this one is bad because this", it should be impartial, There are a lot of moments where Goku also is dumb in DB 84/86 and Z, Blasting Dai Kaioshin, not taking his meds before fighting the Androids, giving a Senzu Bean to Cell, Fear Neddles when his body can literally resist to bullets, Throws the potara earring (a super small object that anyone could miss) instead of giving it to Gohan by hands, and many more, damn, even in the movies, where he's really super damn serious, he's dumb sometimes (coff coff, Broly), and guess what?
There are reasons and contexts for all of these, just as it is in Super! (Again, Toei wanted more comical moments)

Why it's valid Vegeta doing stuff as using a pacifier, but Goku trusting that Beerus in disguise is Monaka isn't?

I think it's enough for my head today :crazy:

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:46 pm

That was the purpose of that damn comical episode! How you think that episode was supposed to work?
I know it's supposed to be for comedy, but the comedy is inorganic. The character is bending for the sake of the plot insteading of letting the comedy come from the character. At least that's the argument being made. I don't know if I really believe Goku could never fall for that.

I'm happy you made a list of moments that showed Goku's intelligence. Ultimately this proves his skills and intelligence was inconsistent. It's ultimately up to the viewer how much they are willing to accept.
not taking his meds before fighting the Androids
That wasn't necessarily stupidity. Was the medicine preventative? Or did he have to use it only when he showed symptoms?

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:20 pm

There’s honestly no way to defend the meditation thing. It very much does conflict with Goku’s character, and not just in filler. It’s a case of Goku’s ignorance being exaggerated so Vegeta can look good in comparison. It makes him look like a meathead who has no grasp on the principles of martial arts and self-improvement, which are the very things that his entire life is dedicated to.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:04 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:38 pm I'm talking about when he tries to convince Whis to train him, he does some stupid dances and facil expressions without any reason, and don't forget what comes right after.
Vegeta goal was to get trained by Whis, one of the strongest fighter that he knows. Vegeta did everything possible to get trained by him, I don't see anything wrong with that.

As for Vegeta wearing a pacifier, that was to stop him from disappearing. Vegeta had valid reason for the way he acted. Now Vegeta is a pro at training, unlike his DBZ version. DBS Vegeta has no problem learning from other and training with others. He has no problem training with his rival, something that would never happen in DBZ.
Rafa Fast wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:38 pm Ah man, I don't want to be rude, but that's exactly just what annoys me the most in these claims, fully dedicated to say how smart Goku was then, but for Super, no, use arguments that are even dumber than this supposed Goku, of course Goku couldn't figure out Beerus was in costume, That was the purpose of that damn comical episode! How you think that episode was supposed to work? Of course he trusted Beerus' lies about Monaka! Dragon Ball is a cartoon! In cartoons we always have characters with really bad and obvious disguise of person x that somehow convinces the others that this character is person x and not person y in disguise, why do you think this is absurd but not Piccolo accepting to drive cars in that DBZ filler episode? We all know that he would never have accepted that, specifically when he's not fused with Kami yet, that was simply made for the sake of the episode's mood, there's absolutely nothing wrong with all of these.
Sorry but that episode of Beerus in a costume contradicts Goku in a lot of way.

1st Goku force Monaka to fight, no caring what he wants. Goku has never done this before.
2nd Goku see Krillin in front of him, he see and hear Krillin shout Taiyoken but thinks that light was Monaka transforming. How clueless can be be.
3rd Beerus in costume scent of smell hasn't been altered in anyway and his ki hasn't been altered, but Goku still can't figure it out.
4th How Beerus battled and his costume breaking didn't give it away.
5th Puar transformed as Beerus didn't give it away, despite Puar ki and voice not being anything like Beerus. Even scent of smell should have been a big give away.
6th Yamcha spilled the bean, Goku saw the real Monaka and probably sensed him, but that didn't give it away.

Had Goku known about it, but just acted dumb to get his way, that would have been good. But Goku was clueless the whole time.

Lets not forget Copy Vegeta, Goku wasted so much time asking pointless question and being clueless. He could be put hand on someone and get all the answers instantly like on Namek. But no Goku was wasting time. Then Goku was wasting time with Copy Vegeta holding back, knowing Vegeta was on a time limit.

Lets not forget Goku Black Saga. Goku refused to use anything beyond SSJ2, just because Goku Black refused to use his full power. Then Goku forgot the senzu bean which was mistake number 1, he forgot the urn which was mistake number 2 and the talisman which was mistake number 3. 3 dumb things in a saga, plus others dumb things he did or said like eating senzu beans for immortality.

Lets not forget Goku knew of Zeno power, which he witnessed first hand what he is capable of. Yet Goku disobeyed Beerus warning and threat and went to Zeno anyway. Then was acting like a villain towards the other universe, to make his universe a bigger target.

In the TOP Goku makes Gohan the leader, but disobeys Gohan order. Why make Gohan a leader then?
Lets not forget all the times Goku dropped his guard. One time Goku guard was so down that he couldn't react at all.
Goku even gets pissed off at C17 for attacking amateurs while transforming in a wide open area. Goku should have been happy at C17 decision.

In DBS Super Heroes does this sound like Goku at all:
Goku: Hey, cut it out! If you sit still so long, you're gonna get rusty! The world is full of guys like Jiren, and Broly here and loads of other amazin' folks!

Vegeta: Shut up and don't interfere. This is training too.

Goku: You fibber! No way is that a form of trainin'!

Vegeta: You just don't get it.

Goku: What's to get?

Vegeta: Jiren was so overwhelmingly strong. And yet, his power really wasn't so different from our own.

Goku: Huh?

Vegeta: But he used his power with total efficiency. Didn't you notice? Even in the midst of battle, his body and spirit were both fully relaxed until the moment he struck.

Goku: Really?

Vegeta: Such an attack from nowhere can't be predicted by the enemy, and packs a tremendous punch. What's more, it allows one to conserve stamina.

Goku: Maybe so...

Vegeta: Jiren probably achieved it by instinct. So since I can't manage it myself, I'm starting out with mental training.

Whis: Ding ding ding! Outstanding! Truly outstanding, Vegeta-san! I'm impressed you've realized that.
You are absolutely correct! It's not training to simply beef up your body like an idiot.

No that sounds like a imposter Goku. Worst of all they had Broly there, but no they had to make Goku look dumb at the thing he is a expert on.
Goku was smart when it came to training, especially when it came to meditation training. Use it many times, including to help him discover SSJ Grade 2/3 and TUI.

Lets not forget how Goku acted toward Zamasu, the way he acted was so annoying. There are more things that Goku was dumb, but I think I said plenty.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:34 pm

super michael wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:04 pm

Lets not forget how Goku acted toward Zamasu, the way he acted was so annoying. There are more things that Goku was dumb, but I think I said plenty.
The narrative may have laid it on a bit thick but Goku didn't treat Zamasu any different than he treats any other deity i.e the same as everyone else. Zamasu was just being a narcissist tbh.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:53 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:34 pm
super michael wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:04 pm

The narrative may have laid it on a bit thick but Goku didn't treat Zamasu any different than he treats any other deity i.e the same as everyone else. Zamasu was just being a narcissist tbh.
I don't remember Goku forcing the other deity such as Mr Popo, Kami and Kaio to spar with him. Goku didn't leave Zamasu alone, no matter how much Zamasu wanted for Goku to stop. Heck in that episode, Goku managed to piss off Beerus a lot.

The same with Monaka, by force Goku wanted to spar with him. Goku didn't care if Monaka refused, he just dragged him.

Goku acted like a whining baby, whenever Vegeta went to Whis planet alone. Somehow in Goku mind, Vegeta isn't allowed to train with Whis by himself at all. Goku even destroyed a wall, when he heard Vegeta training with Whis.