Latest Sumitomo Contribution?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Latest Sumitomo Contribution?

Post by Rafa Fast » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:00 pm

So I know that the last time Norihito Sumitomo contributed composing music for the franchise was in DBS Broly
But what I want to know is the true last time where his music was used in something
AFAIK, the Toei 60th Anniversary Annecy festival animation was the most recent use of his music ("Jiren's Theme" from DBS Animated Score) that I could find.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Latest Sumitomo Contribution?

Post by Xeogran » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:48 am

He's gonna be composing for an April 2023 anime named "Mix: Meisei Story" so thankfully he's still with us :thumbup:

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Latest Sumitomo Contribution?

Post by Rafa Fast » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:46 am

Yeah but I mean DB, I heard somewhere that his music was used in something DB related, but I couldn't find anything more recent that isn't the Toei 60th Anniversary animation
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.