Did Baby increase Vegeta's strength or did he just gave him extra abilities?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jord
Advanced Regular

Did Baby increase Vegeta's strength or did he just gave him extra abilities?

Post by Jord » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:57 pm

Goten and Trunks don't seem that much stronger when Baby took them over. Is it somewhere stated if and how Baby boosted strength?
Of course he got stronger after the ritual but before that he also seemed very strong.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Did Baby increase Vegeta's strength or did he just gave him extra abilities?

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:31 pm

Once Baby possessed Vegeta, Vegeta’s Super Saiyan form hair changed to a different color, and judging by its introductory fight his battle power had largely increased, as not even SS3 Goku was a match for him. Maybe this is due to some particular trait of Vegeta, like his 100% Saiyan heritage, but anyway the other possessed people don’t seem to drastically alter their battle power or change appearance like Vegeta did.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Did Baby increase Vegeta's strength or did he just gave him extra abilities?

Post by theherodjl » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:25 pm

It's probably a case of Baby needing a few test runs to draw out the best in his host body, that and Vegeta was the 2nd strongest fighter in the team with potential that was still mostly untapped judging by his later boost with SSJ4. If Baby couldn't have Goku's body, Vegeta's was certainly the next best thing and he also didn't have to worry about Goku's child body being any kind of issue.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:15 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:31 pm Once Baby possessed Vegeta, Vegeta’s Super Saiyan form hair changed to a different color, and judging by its introductory fight his battle power had largely increased, as not even SS3 Goku was a match for him. Maybe this is due to some particular trait of Vegeta, like his 100% Saiyan heritage, but anyway the other possessed people don’t seem to drastically alter their battle power or change appearance like Vegeta did.
The thing is, we don't know how strong SS3 Goku is in the fight. It is siad that his smaller body isn't able to handle it for long, implying he isn't aa strong as adult SS3 Goku.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:27 am

Baby stacked his own power on top of Vegeta.

I always assumed Teen Baby was weak, but after he got his grown up body (which we see after he leaves Vegeta), he was around Kid Buu level.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:37 am

Jord wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:15 am
Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:31 pm Once Baby possessed Vegeta, Vegeta’s Super Saiyan form hair changed to a different color, and judging by its introductory fight his battle power had largely increased, as not even SS3 Goku was a match for him. Maybe this is due to some particular trait of Vegeta, like his 100% Saiyan heritage, but anyway the other possessed people don’t seem to drastically alter their battle power or change appearance like Vegeta did.
The thing is, we don't know how strong SS3 Goku is in the fight. It is siad that his smaller body isn't able to handle it for long, implying he isn't aa strong as adult SS3 Goku.
It should be at least stronger than his SS form, implying Goku didn’t think he could take Baby Vegeta lightly. For reference, SS Vegeta was weaker than SS Goku, even as a kid.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:39 am

It could be that the hybrids weren't able to give Baby as much growth as a pure-blooded saiyan like Vegeta did. After all, Vegeta wasn't that much stronger than the Son boys, not like Goku was, Geets needed SS to fight Gohan, while Goku in base and in a smaller body, took both of his SS kids out easily.

So, maybe the parasite blended perfectly with a saiyan, getting a greater boost for himself and of course for the possessed body, he did exit Vegeta as an adult, while he entered his body as a teenager-ish. While the hybrids weren't a perfect match for Baby, three hybrids he entered and hardly any changes in power were seen.
Gohan has the greatest potential of the entire gang, so I don't think the boost was related to the host's potential or power, but to their biology. If it was potential-related, Gohan would've been an even better choice than Goku.

Some viruses work better on certain species, this could be another case. Baby was a parasite, I don't know if the same applies for parasites as it does for viruses, but DB was never a scientifically bulletproof series.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:31 pm

I thought it was stated somewhere in a guidebook I think, that once Baby chooses a "permanent" host which Vegeta was intended to be, he then is able to properly combine his powers with the hosts' and go from there, which would explain why Vegeta's hair was white and his Oozaru form had blue skin, he essentially became "Half Tuffle" sorta.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:13 am

Baby's power was added into Vegeta's.

Remember adult Baby was programmed to be the strongest in the universe in Dr Myuu's opinion and Myuu thought Super 17 would be needed to surpass Baby as far as his creations go.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:46 pm

I always kind of just assumed that Baby could have augmented the powers of anyone he had settled into as a "permanent" host in the same way he did Vegeta--Vegeta was just the most powerful candidate he could get his hands on at that point (apparently, with Gohan having gotten weaker again in the interim?), as well as the most ironic. Obviously he also gave him a fair share of extra abilities, not the least of which included the ability to gain power from other infected followers and transform.

As others have noted, Baby himself is also fairly powerful. I'm not sure if just "stacking" his power onto Vegeta's explains it though.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:19 am

Vegeta just becomes a lot stronger because GT logic, since normal Vegeta was just a bit stronger than baby Gohan but SSJ baby Vegeta could compete with SSJ3 Goku

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:24 am

Peach wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:27 am Baby stacked his own power on top of Vegeta.

I always assumed Teen Baby was weak, but after he got his grown up body (which we see after he leaves Vegeta), he was around Kid Buu level.
This is absolutely wrong since , from the moment he's presented to us, baby is said to be stronger than Rildo by default and even killed him to take his power and we'll, base Rildo was Already> kid Buu. The GT perfect files guide even says that baby is the strongest and in that page only shows baby up to his teen form.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:43 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:24 am
Peach wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:27 am Baby stacked his own power on top of Vegeta.

This is absolutely wrong since , from the moment he's presented to us, baby is said to be stronger than Rildo by default and even killed him to take his power and we'll, base Rildo was Already> kid Buu. The GT perfect files guide even says that baby is the strongest and in that page only shows baby up to his teen form.
So, Baby + Vegeta was really fucking strong then. :D

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:46 am

So do you think that Baby "grows" by actually taking ki/power from his previous hosts?

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:46 am

So do you think that Baby "grows" by actually taking ki/power from his previous hosts?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:21 am

Jord wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:46 am

That's for sure. Before he was released by Myuu they were all gathering power to make him grow. Since his growth was halted, he had to gather power on his own and was getting stronger and evolving with every host he took over. This is why he looked different when he arrived on Earth, because he got a lot of power killing things in space. Inside Vegeta's body he evolved further into his adult form. Back on planet M2 it was said Baby in his complete form would be the strongest thing in universe, so we can be sure his adult form alone was the strongest being we have seen so far except obviously Goku SSJ4 and presumably Majuub, as they both didn't exist yet (in these forms that is) when that statement was made.

Since he could still stay inside Vegeta's body before transforming into Oozaru, it's clear he himself evolved even further thanks to that transformation. So it not only made Vegeta (or rather - his body) stronger by whatever multiplier Golden Oozaru has, but it also made Baby stronger. So it's very possible adult Baby after leaving Vegeta's body was actually even stronger than early Baby Vegeta, back when Baby was just a "teen".
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:16 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:21 am
Jord wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:46 am

That's for sure. Before he was released by Myuu they were all gathering power to make him grow. Since his growth was halted, he had to gather power on his own and was getting stronger and evolving with every host he took over. This is why he looked different when he arrived on Earth, because he got a lot of power killing things in space. Inside Vegeta's body he evolved further into his adult form. Back on planet M2 it was said Baby in his complete form would be the strongest thing in universe, so we can be sure his adult form alone was the strongest being we have seen so far except obviously Goku SSJ4 and presumably Majuub, as they both didn't exist yet (in these forms that is) when that statement was made.

Since he could still stay inside Vegeta's body before transforming into Oozaru, it's clear he himself evolved even further thanks to that transformation. So it not only made Vegeta (or rather - his body) stronger by whatever multiplier Golden Oozaru has, but it also made Baby stronger. So it's very possible adult Baby after leaving Vegeta's body was actually even stronger than early Baby Vegeta, back when Baby was just a "teen".
Baby inside Vegeta was worried about SS3 Goku until they started fighting so I'd say Baby as an adult is only a little ahead of SS3 Goku.

Also it was Vegeta and everyone one Earth that made him an adult based on Super Baby 2.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:01 pm

Not sure if it’s actually stated, but Baby Vegeta was beating up SSJ3 Goku with an inferior form. This is the kind of stuff that could only happen in Vegeta’s dream before this, and it’s way beyond mere addition.

I always liked to think of Baby Vegeta as a fusion of sorts. He made Vegeta a permanent host, and the visual change shows it’s not the same thing Baby was doing to other hosts.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:55 am

To be fair, it was implied that Goku in his child's body wasnt as strong as adult SSJ3 so he was gimped as well.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:28 am

Jord wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:55 am To be fair, it was implied that Goku in his child's body wasnt as strong as adult SSJ3 so he was gimped as well.
He was as strong, he didn't have the stamina.