Dragon Ball Kai to air in Poland in April

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BartG

Dragon Ball Kai to air in Poland in April

Post by BartG » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:06 pm

I haven't seen anyone bring this up just yet so...

Dragon Ball Kai (or Dragon Ball Z Kai) is going to air in Poland on Polsat Games starting April 10th. On that day, the first 5 episodes will be aired and rerun throughout the week. The week after that, regular broadcasting will begin.

As a recap: Kai aired previously on AXN Spin with a lector (also known as a voice-over dub) in 2012. They only aired the original run and never followed it up with The Final Chapters.
Polsat Games started broadcasting in 2018 and offered anime as part of its schedule. However, only Dragon Ball Super recieved the full dub treatment, as the other shows all got lectors.
Since then, every anime disappeared from the channel with the exception of DBS.
The dub was produced at Studio PDK and directed by Dariusz Kosmowski (studio head and currently the only director) and ran from October 2018 until February 2019, airing all 131 episodes.
Last year we got the Super Hero movie in theaters. The film initially released only subtitled on August 19th, but a week later dubbed screenings were added, once again produced at PDK with Kosmowski directing and writing the ADR script.

It seems like this time the show will be aired dubbed:
Someone messaged the Polsat Games Facebook account, and they replied saying that the show will be dubbed. That said, this is not a very relaiable source.
HOWEVER, in the middle of me writing this, Dariusz Kosmowski uploaded a cheeky little video where he says that the show will be dubbed.

So yeah, seems like we are getting a full dub after all. This is great since DBZ and Kai only ever got lectors and I'm quite fond of these new dubs :)
Last edited by BartG on Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Kai to air in Poland in April

Post by Tian » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:58 pm

Good to see that Kai is still getting more dubs.
:clap:

Now Polish people (specially those who didn't grow up with the old voice-over) will be finally able to watch the Saiyan, Namek & Androids sagas dubbed. :D

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:19 am

TheRed259 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:39 pm Interesting.

Will it have the voice actors from DBS?
How was the polish DBS dub anyway?

BartG

Post by BartG » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:25 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:39 pm
Will it have the voice actors from DBS?
Since Kosmowski is directing it (and he's all about role reprisals) then most likely yes. With the exception of cases where an actor cannot come back. Off the top of my head, Mikołaj Klimek passed away so Dabra will have to be recast and Kaio's voice actor is having serious health issues. Studio PDK is also having some financial issues atm, but we don't know if that will affect the dub in any way.
sangofe wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:19 am How was the polish DBS dub anyway?
Very good in my opinion. It was pretty rough at first but I think most actors ended up doing a great job by the end. And you can hear it in the Super Hero movie because every returning cast member is fantastic in that film.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:24 am

So happy to hear this! I hope they eventually go back and dub OG DB once they finish to have the entire main story dubbed. Either way, I'm glad they're using Kai as an opportunity to finally have a proper Polish dub of DBZ.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:33 am

As much as I want anime industry to grow in Poland, I must say that Super's dub was pretty bad.

But I hope this one is going to be better.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:52 am

Whoa, thanks for informing. That's such interesting news I wouldn't expect :shock:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:10 pm

OmegaRockman wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:24 am So happy to hear this! I hope they eventually go back and dub OG DB once they finish to have the entire main story dubbed. Either way, I'm glad they're using Kai as an opportunity to finally have a proper Polish dub of DBZ.
Vietnam dubbed original Dragon Ball after Kai, so it's not unprecedented at least.

Still great to have another series dubbed in Polish at last.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

BartG

Post by BartG » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:39 am

Unfortunately, the premiere has been delayed.
Kosmowski said that it will air on the 22nd instead but the show is nowhere to be seen in the tv guide for that day.
The 22nd is a Saturday so maybe he meant the 24th?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:32 am

Very curious if there is a chance for version with Yamamoto score? AXN Spin sadly had Kikuchi.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:11 pm

coola wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:32 am Very curious if there is a chance for version with Yamamoto score? AXN Spin sadly had Kikuchi.
There's always the possibility of a slipup. When HBO Max streamed Kai in Latin America recently they had the Yamamoto score for episode 7 at least. These things are generally clerical errors where an innocent worker oblivious to such controversies uses the wrong file. However those Kai episodes were edited and mixed with Yamamoto's score years ago before the scandal emerged, and some episodes could still have been lying around (which evidently was the case). I would say with a newer dub like the Polish dub TOEI would have given Studio PDK (or whoever is behind this dub) their materials, which would almost certainly only include the Kikuchi score relatively recently.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:57 pm

I hope Poland will love this new dub and fall in love with Dragon Ball again!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:24 pm

https://www.polsatgames.pl/program-tv/ 1st episode airs 10th April at 11:00 :)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

BartG

Post by BartG » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:18 am

coola wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:24 pm https://www.polsatgames.pl/program-tv/ 1st episode airs 10th April at 11:00 :)
The info is outdated. It's going to premiere on April 24th at 12:00 instead. Seems like they're gonna air one episode a day, Monday through Friday.
https://programtv.naziemna.info/program ... 4-kwietnia

BartG

Post by BartG » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:00 am

As previously announced, the show did not air today but Kosmowski left an interesting comment:
The thing is that Toei hasn't delivered all the materials, and they need further approval of the terminology. I'm not sure if we'll have everything for April 24th, but we are asking the Japanese side to be quick.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:39 am

BartG wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:00 am As previously announced, the show did not air today but Kosmowski left an interesting comment:
The thing is that Toei hasn't delivered all the materials, and they need further approval of the terminology. I'm not sure if we'll have everything for April 24th, but we are asking the Japanese side to be quick.
I also hope, unlike AXN Spin voiceover version, translation won't be based on English dubbed version.
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

BartG

Post by BartG » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:17 am

Another update: Studio PDK confirmed that Karol Gajos will not be returning as Gohan in this new dub. They explained in a Facebook post that the project features actors from all over the country traveling to the studio in Warsaw. Apparently, Gajos wanted way more many than the other cast members, which the studio deemed not fair.
They have not announced who will be taking over the role, but they did mention that the actor will play both the kid and adult versions of Gohan, just like the Japanese version.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:22 am

BartG wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:17 am Another update: Studio PDK confirmed that Karol Gajos will not be returning as Gohan in this new dub. They explained in a Facebook post that the project features actors from all over the country traveling to the studio in Warsaw. Apparently, Gajos wanted way more many than the other cast members, which the studio deemed not fair.
They have not announced who will be taking over the role, but they did mention that the actor will play both the kid and adult versions of Gohan, just like the Japanese version.
Way better pay, you mean?

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:31 am

BartG wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:17 am Another update: Studio PDK confirmed that Karol Gajos will not be returning as Gohan in this new dub. They explained in a Facebook post that the project features actors from all over the country traveling to the studio in Warsaw. Apparently, Gajos wanted way more many than the other cast members, which the studio deemed not fair.
1) Nice. Super already had Tomasz Sliwiński (as Tien) and Ziemowit Pędziwatr (as Hit) who worked in Katowice in the past. So there's the possibility that more people like Ireneusz Załóg may show up in Kai's dub.
2) Why do they still have to do that? I mean, why do they have to cast one actor for both kid and teen Gohan? Couldn't they just have called a real kid or a woman for kid Gohan?