Dragon Ball Kai to air in Poland in April

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BartG

Re: Dragon Ball Kai to air in Poland in April

Post by BartG » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:44 pm

sangofe wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:22 am Way better pay, you mean?
Yes, of course. That's what I get for posting right after I wake up, haha.
Tian wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:31 am 1) Nice. Super already had Tomasz Sliwiński (as Tien) and Ziemowit Pędziwatr (as Hit) who worked in Katowice in the past. So there's the possibility that more people like Ireneusz Załóg may show up in Kai's dub.
They've been recently working with Załóg on new episodes of Simon so he might show up if he has time.
https://dubbingpedia.pl/wiki/Szymon#Seria_III
Tian wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:31 am 2) Why do they still have to do that? I mean, why do they have to cast one actor for both kid and teen Gohan? Couldn't they just have called a real kid or a woman for kid Gohan?
This was a decision made for DBS, so I guess it's for consistency's sake. Goten got a lot of criticism but Kosmowski said he liked the performance so this doesn't come as a surprise, honestly.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:55 pm

BartG wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:44 pm They've been recently working with Załóg on new episodes of Simon so he might show up if he has time.
https://dubbingpedia.pl/wiki/Szymon#Seria_III
Whoa, I had no idea that Ireneusz was already working with PDK. Good to know that.

Maybe I should check the Dubbingpedia more often.
BartG wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:44 pm This was a decision made for DBS, so I guess it's for consistency's sake. Goten got a lot of criticism but Kosmowski said he liked the performance so this doesn't come as a surprise, honestly.
But since Gajos isn't reprising, Kosmowski could've casted a kid or a woman who can do a convincing kid voice for Gohan for the first 98 episodes of Kai instead of a grown up dude who will do a ridiculous falsetto voice.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:29 am

Just letting everyone know this has been delayed until May 8th.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:35 am

OCEAN KAI VS POLAND KAI!? Who will BE the master of being postponed the most?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:37 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:29 am Just letting everyone know this has been delayed until May 8th.
Polsat Games should have prepared better because you can't announce something you don't even have (in this case, dubbed episodes) at the moment.

They should've waited for Studio PDK to dub, at least, 26 or 52 episodes before making the announcement of the premiere.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:19 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:35 am OCEAN KAI VS POLAND KAI!? Who will BE the master of being postponed the most?
Technically, they just recently announced Polish dub for Kai, unlike Ocean Kai :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:47 pm

coola wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:19 pm
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:35 am OCEAN KAI VS POLAND KAI!? Who will BE the master of being postponed the most?
Technically, they just recently announced Polish dub for Kai, unlike Ocean Kai :)
Ocean Kai may be released one day, but it will never be announced. Ocean Studios don't use social media (with the exception of a very seldom IPP Productions Facebook page) and historically their Dragon Ball content like the Westwood and Blue Water dubs just aired on TV (there were promos, but they were for the shows in general, not those dubs specifically).

Unfortunately the circumstances are completely different. Ocean Kai was recorded in full but lacked a TV deal, Polish Kai is the reverse, as it seems to still be in production while Polsat Games are prepared to air it.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

BartG

Post by BartG » Tue May 02, 2023 8:33 am

A promo for the show aired today on Polsat Games. We can hear Piccolo and Gokū's voice actors from DBS as well as the voices for Nappa and presumably Raditz.
The promo claims the show will air today, but as you can tell from the video, DBS aired instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSxXRLdcriY

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue May 02, 2023 8:36 am

Too bad Kanzenshuu wont let people fix the title.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu May 04, 2023 5:27 pm

BartG wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:33 am A promo for the show aired today on Polsat Games. We can hear Piccolo and Gokū's voice actors from DBS as well as the voices for Nappa and presumably Raditz.
The promo claims the show will air today, but as you can tell from the video, DBS aired instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSxXRLdcriY
I see they gonna use Szatan Serduszko for Piccolo...they could at least went with Szatan Piccolo, like in manga :) Then again, from what i saw in first few episodes in Super, they kept some of RTL7 names for nostalgia reasons, like Komórczak/Cell...
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

BartG

Post by BartG » Fri May 05, 2023 2:21 am

coola wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:27 pm I see they gonna use Szatan Serduszko for Piccolo...they could at least went with Szatan Piccolo, like in manga :) Then again, from what i saw in first few episodes in Super, they kept some of RTL7 names for nostalgia reasons, like Komórczak/Cell...
Unlikely, since they've used Piccolo in the previous dubs. This is just a little joke for the promo.

BartG

Post by BartG » Mon May 08, 2023 6:44 am

The first episode just finished airing!
Here's the cast and crew:
https://dubbingpedia.pl/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z_Kai

Krzysztof Banaszyk, who voiced Gokū in the Polish dubs of Movies 12 and 13 (the only instance of dubbed DB before DBS), returned as Burdock!
The new voice for Gohan is Oskar Stencel, a 24 year old actor. I think he did pretty well in the first episode, almost sounded like an actual child at times.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon May 08, 2023 7:28 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx0oziNOon4 OP song in Japanese, plus for translating credits at least, Kikuchi score after all :(
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon May 08, 2023 7:32 am

Polsat has one of the cutest TV Station logos ever!

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon May 08, 2023 12:06 pm

Agreed :)

Also, watched 1st episode, translation is based on Japanese original (No Piccolo comment before attack, Bulma mouth moves, but no sound :) ) voices for Radditz and Gohan are pretty good.
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue May 09, 2023 4:29 pm

Watched episode 1:
- Krzysztof Banaszk's casting as Bardock was a nice detail. His "Kakarot!" scream could've been a bit louder though.
- Sebastian Perdek's Baby Goku... a big no.
- Kinda weird that the Polish episode title didn't appear on the respective title card but in the first seconds of the cold opening.
- Oskar Stencel's Gohan surprised me. He sounded better than I expected and I gotta agree with BartG, there are times where he even sounds like a kid.
- Krzysztof Nowik's Farmer With Shotgun was perfect. They knew they had to be very careful with the casting of one of the most important characters of the franchise... Ok, I am kidding. The voice was great anyway.
- Zbigniew Diduch's Raditz was amazing. Too bad that Raditz just appears in the first episodes and one flashback because he's an excellent casting, specially due to the raspiness of his voice.

BartG

Post by BartG » Tue May 09, 2023 4:36 pm

Tian wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:29 pm - Kinda weird that the Polish episode title didn't appear on the respective title card but in the first seconds of the cold opening.
It appeared on the title card in the next episode. This text is made by Polsat so it's a problem on their end. Seems like this will be just an episode 1 anomaly, thankfully.

Actually, the titles don't show up in the next episode previews. Bummer.

BartG

Post by BartG » Thu May 11, 2023 1:21 pm

Here's something interesting: in the preview for episode 4, Gohan calls Piccolo "Big Green". Likely an intentional reference.
Also, the two people who have worked on script adjustments so far, Kamil Sawciki and Mateusz Szymski, are both fans of the series and commuinty memebrs. You might recognize Mateusz from his Twitter account.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Thu May 11, 2023 2:22 pm

coola wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:28 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx0oziNOon4 OP song in Japanese, plus for translating credits at least, Kikuchi score after all :(
Missed opportunity for a cover of "Dragon Soul".
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu May 11, 2023 2:41 pm

Trouser wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:22 pm
coola wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:28 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx0oziNOon4 OP song in Japanese, plus for translating credits at least, Kikuchi score after all :(
Missed opportunity for a cover of "Dragon Soul".
It's possible Toei didn't give them a clean version of Dragon Soul to dub over.