Dragon Ball Kai to air in Poland in April

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Kai to air in Poland in April

Post by sangofe » Thu May 11, 2023 2:47 pm

BartG wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:21 pm Here's something interesting: in the preview for episode 4, Gohan calls Piccolo "Big Green". Likely an intentional reference.
Also, the two people who have worked on script adjustments so far, Kamil Sawciki and Mateusz Szymski, are both fans of the series and commuinty memebrs. You might recognize Mateusz from his Twitter account.
That's an awful reference coming from fans.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu May 11, 2023 3:22 pm

- Radditz comment about scouter "malfunction" was..interesting "Stupid sensor, hopefully It's under warranty"
- Makankosappo was translated as "Satanic beam"
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu May 11, 2023 3:29 pm

coola wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:22 pm - Radditz comment about scouter "malfunction" was..interesting "Stupid sensor, hopefully It's under warranty"
Reninds me of "I didn't even bring the manual" from the 96 and 2005 Funi dubs
- Makankosappo was translated as "Satanic beam"
Better than Special Beam Cannon or Light of Death tbh

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu May 11, 2023 5:12 pm

BartG wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:21 pm Here's something interesting: in the preview for episode 4, Gohan calls Piccolo "Big Green". Likely an intentional reference.
Also, the two people who have worked on script adjustments so far, Kamil Sawciki and Mateusz Szymski, are both fans of the series and commuinty memebrs. You might recognize Mateusz from his Twitter account.
Funny you mention that. In the Blue Water dub of Dragon Ball there was one scene with King Piccolo in episode 113 where a guard says "We have a situation here; a big green situation!". That was likely coincidental though because the Blue Water dub had nothing to do with the French or any European dubs other than sharing video masters. If Sawciki and Szymski are fans I bet this was a little bit of fan service.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

BartG

Post by BartG » Fri May 12, 2023 2:42 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:12 pm If Sawciki and Szymski are fans I bet this was a little bit of fan service.
They're not the ones writing the script though, they're just making adjustments. Making sure there aren't any mistakes.

Another thing I noticed in episode 4 is that Kaiō is referred to exclusively as "King of Worlds" which is the manga translation. In Super's dub he was referred to as King Kaiō. I don't believe they would change the name though. Muten Roshi is called Master Roshi but he's also referred to by pretty much every translation of his name in existence.

BartG

Post by BartG » Fri May 12, 2023 4:53 pm

Two new recasts in today's episode:
- Mr. Popo is now voiced by Jerzy Mazur who previously voiced Magenta in DBS: Super Hero. The previous actor, Mieczysław Morański, passed away in December, 2020.
- Kaiō is now voiced by Ryszard Jabłoński. As I previously mentioned, Andrzej Arciszewski who voiced Kaiō in DBS is currently struggling with health problems. Seems like he was invited to reprise his role but had to decline.

BartG

Post by BartG » Tue May 16, 2023 6:25 am

Another day, another recast.
Gregory, previously voiced by Grzegorz Drojewski, is now voiced by Paweł Rosa who previously played Hedo in the Super Hero movie. Drojewski also voiced the Kaioshin so we'll have to wait a few months and see if he's recast in both of his roles.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Tue May 16, 2023 8:55 am

coola wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:22 pm - Radditz comment about scouter "malfunction" was..interesting "Stupid sensor, hopefully It's under warranty"
Lol, I hope most translations are faithful...

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri May 19, 2023 10:21 am

BartG wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:42 am
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:12 pm If Sawciki and Szymski are fans I bet this was a little bit of fan service.
They're not the ones writing the script though, they're just making adjustments. Making sure there aren't any mistakes.
Fair enough, is Dariusz Kosmowski writing the ADR scripts for Kai so?

Also, given the timeframe I'm assuming Polsat Games is up to episode 10 now?
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

BartG

Post by BartG » Fri May 19, 2023 11:05 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:21 am
BartG wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:42 am
Fair enough, is Dariusz Kosmowski writing the ADR scripts for Kai so?

Also, given the timeframe I'm assuming Polsat Games is up to episode 10 now?
No, the scriptwriters can be found here under "Dialogi" with episodes they wrote:
https://dubbingpedia.pl/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z_Kai

And yes, episode 10 aired earlier today.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat May 20, 2023 11:21 am

sangofe wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:55 am
Lol, I hope most translations are faithful...
Most of them are, but sometimes, they like to put "liberal" translation or joke, Nappa in episode 9 "Friendship is magic, how touching" after Yamcha volunteer to fight next :)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

BartG

Post by BartG » Tue May 23, 2023 7:53 am

Episode 12 aired today and the number was over 8000.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue May 23, 2023 8:24 am

That's BELOW 9000!!!!

lol.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue May 23, 2023 1:00 pm

Did any international dubs go with "Over 9,000"? As far as I know its exclusive to Funimation's dub, although considering how much of a meme its become it would be interesting if another dub threw it in as an Easter egg.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Tue May 23, 2023 3:04 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:00 pm Did any international dubs go with "Over 9,000"? As far as I know its exclusive to Funimation's dub, although considering how much of a meme its become it would be interesting if another dub threw it in as an Easter egg.
That'd be lame I personally think.

BartG

Post by BartG » Tue May 23, 2023 3:24 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:00 pm Did any international dubs go with "Over 9,000"? As far as I know its exclusive to Funimation's dub, although considering how much of a meme its become it would be interesting if another dub threw it in as an Easter egg.
I think only the few that were based on Funimation's dub for some reason.

BartG

Post by BartG » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:04 am

Another recast. Bulma's mom is now voiced by Katarzyna Brzozowska. In DBS she was voiced by Brygida Turowska in episodes 51 and 83 and by Kim Grygierzec in episode 33.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:16 am

Unlike manga, Ginyu Special Forces (Oddział Specjalny Ginyu) names were not translated:
Adam Bauman – Nail
Tomasz Marzecki – Elder Namekian
Tomasz Borkowski – Ginyu
Michał Piela – Recoome
Leszek Zduń – Burter
Zbigniew Styrczula – Jeice
Jakub Strach – Guld
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

BartG

Post by BartG » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:16 pm

coola wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:16 am Unlike manga, Ginyu Special Forces (Oddział Specjalny Ginyu) names were not translated
Ginyu's name was not translated in DBS so it's most likely for consistency's sake.
coola wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:16 am Tomasz Marzecki – Elder Namekian
Another actor from Movie 12 where he voiced Enma Daiō.

BartG

Post by BartG » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:58 pm

Seems like they're recording the Cell arc now.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ctw9dUDo ... BiNWFlZA==