Why don't Goku and Co freeze to death in the cold?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wrigglything
Beyond Newbie

Why don't Goku and Co freeze to death in the cold?

Post by Wrigglything » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:20 am

It's a really dumb question, I know, it's a comedy action manga for kids. But it's kind of funny that even in the newest Broly movie, every fighter is expected to not get some sort of frostbite or hypothermia with just basic martial arts gear.

Had this been explained, or is it just Toei and Toriyama thinking up cool stuff for characters to fight at or do?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Why don't Goku and Co freeze to death in the cold?

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:30 am

It hasn't been explained but I would just imagine that it's a case of burning their ki to stay warm.

Clearly we need to get Gokuu and friends started on feminizing HRT so that they can know the horrors of winter.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:31 am

Ki has been stated to "burn" multiple times so I'm guessing their aura or even just general interior Ki keeps them warm. Also explains why they don't freeze in the few times they fight at high altitudes or in the stratosphere.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:20 am

I mean, Goku and Broly literally survived inside a lava pool at the core of the Earth in the movie...

They utilize their Ki to surround their body in a protective barrier that shields them from extreme cold/extreme heat. That's why Broly can survive shirtless in a frozen wasteland and then he and Goku can survive inside a lava pool.

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:53 pm

Kuririn did mention to Tenshinan and to Piccolo that it was cold while they were looking for Gero's lab, so I guess that there's also a meditation component involved, since the latter two are more "serious" than him.