Raditz was truly the strongest Saiyan child...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Raditz was truly the strongest Saiyan child...

Post by Yasai9001 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:50 pm

Other than Prince Vegeta and Broly, Raditz is proven to be the best Saiyan child that the Saiyan army had to offer.

The thing about this is that in Dragon Ball Super: Broly, King Vegeta berates his employees for having an unsanctioned Saiyan (Broly) around the same incubation/nursing capsule as his son Prince Vegeta. We can also see in this same exact scene that King Vegeta specifies that the particular area is reserved only for Saiyan children who show high, exceptional promise.

It is safe to assume that these same exact children are the off-springs of the only mid-class warriors/Saiyan royal guard.

The thing that gets me though is that Raditz is around the same age as Prince Vegeta as well as these other Saiyans. Akira Toriyama said in an interview that Raditz was assigned to Nappa's squad before Vegeta was, so that even stands to say that Raditz is probably a few months to a year older.

So, of all these "promising, exceptional children," Raditz is the one that's chosen to work alongside Prince Vegeta and not any of those other Saiyan children that were shown to be in the same 'great' nursing capsules as Broly and Prince Vegeta? The only logical conclusion to come to is that these other Saiyan children were believed to be great but failed in showing their promise (like King Vegeta may have thought of Tarble), while there was another Saiyan he expected to be not so great turned out to be the Legendary Super Saiyan

I Understand people rip on Raditz and joke on him a lot, but when we take this into account as well, Raditz's potential as a warrior was just great. Raditz still hadn't had as many years on the battle-field as Nappa given that Nappa is far much older than even he. Had Raditz lived out his potential like Nappa, it would be fair to say that Raditz could become just as strong as Nappa was had he lived as long as Nappa did while working for the Freeza Force.

Or, you guys could chalk it up to another error in Dragon Ball's plot, but the in-universe explanation would be that Raditz was destined to become a mid-class warrior later on in his life. Had Planet Vegeta never been destroyed, Raditz would eventually been promoted to one of the few handful of mid-class Saiyans to serve his king.

Thoughts?

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Re: Raditz was truly the strongest Saiyan child...

Post by Seekeroftruth » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:47 am

Also Raditz was able to become a SSJ3 all on his own. No special teachers helping him.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Raditz was truly the strongest Saiyan child...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:58 pm

Agreed. Considering most middle class Saiyans didn't have children (There were only 10 around) and Vegeta was the only elite, Raditz being the strongest low tier made him second only to Vegeta himself. Not counting Broly because he wasn't even born yet.

I think there's the need to clarify he's only a high-low tier for infants though. I doubt he was up there with Bardock and above 99% of Saiyan Adults when his power as an adult is just that of your average Freeza goon. He seems to not have reached his full potential as an adult for some reason.
Seekeroftruth wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:47 am Also Raditz was able to become a SSJ3 all on his own. No special teachers helping him.
That's easy for him. He just has to go SSJ1 and shave his eyebrows.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!