How Far Could Shenron Take An Ordinary Earthling In Power?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

How Far Could Shenron Take An Ordinary Earthling In Power?

Post by theherodjl » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:56 am

Say that a run of the mill earthling witnessed the strength of the team during the events of the current arc, and was able to gather the DBs to then summon Shenron for the purpose of wishing to be strong like them. If the wish was along the lines of "I wish to have absolutely any & all unseen, theoretical power drawn out in one go without the need of training whatsoever" so as to not leave any degree of interpretation from Shenron aside from totally getting everything out(and not having to be summoned for it ever again or have to rely on yet another form of potential unlock), how strong could they get?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Re: How Far Could Shenron Take An Ordinary Earthling In Power?

Post by Yuji » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:05 am

Probably not much stronger than the higher-end Tenkaichi Budokai contestants like Chappa. Shenlong is able to unlock someone's potential know but we've seen in the series that limiters progressively get broken. A normal human's first limiter should be the barrier to superhuman that Roshi speaks of in the first arc of the series.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:01 pm

Yuji wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:05 am Probably not much stronger than the higher-end Tenkaichi Budokai contestants like Chappa. Shenlong is able to unlock someone's potential know but we've seen in the series that limiters progressively get broken. A normal human's first limiter should be the barrier to superhuman that Roshi speaks of in the first arc of the series.
Only that? With all the "any theoretical ounce of it" I expected something on Kuririn's level. Chappa level is like, your average potential unlock.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:34 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:01 pm
Yuji wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:05 am Probably not much stronger than the higher-end Tenkaichi Budokai contestants like Chappa. Shenlong is able to unlock someone's potential know but we've seen in the series that limiters progressively get broken. A normal human's first limiter should be the barrier to superhuman that Roshi speaks of in the first arc of the series.
Only that? With all the "any theoretical ounce of it" I expected something on Kuririn's level. Chappa level is like, your average potential unlock.
Kuririn was already superhuman himself when he started training with Roshi. Definitely not close to the average human.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:02 pm

I wouldn't say Tenshinhan is an ordinary earthling, so his progress I'd not take into account.

I'd say around Roshi's level, maybe more. Roshi was also an ordinary earthling and worked his way up to a PL of +100 after 300 years. Reaching that level alone seems like a great cheatcode.
We could include Krilin as well, he's the strongest human ever, so in that case, Shenron would make a regular human as strong as he was during the Dragonball. Or stronger, I guess. Around 200 PL or so.

It seems Krilin had more potential than Roshi, so perhaps Krilin's level would be still above the person gathering the DBs.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:08 pm

Bar maybe Yajirobe, I never really saw any of the humans as having extraordinary potential. They simply took a route no one else had the privilege to take, training with some of the best masters of the world in succession. I’m sure Nam or even Satan could get to similar levels with the same training.
Yuji wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:34 am Kuririn was already superhuman himself when he started training with Roshi. Definitely not close to the average human.
Sort of? Kuririn goes around one shotting sabertooth tigers, but Roshi says he and Goku were still within the “human wall”. He trained in a Shaolin temple before that and wasn’t even the best student, so I wouldn’t say he’s anything special.

Though the problem here might be that the original series made superhumans a common thing, while Z made the world more grounded.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:32 pm

Considering Gohan and Krillin got more or less similar results when the Grand Elder Namekian released their dormant power, I would say a possible scenario is Ultimate Krillin being close to Ultimate Gohan or Ultimate Piccolo or a little below.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:12 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:08 pm Bar maybe Yajirobe, I never really saw any of the humans as having extraordinary potential. They simply took a route no one else had the privilege to take, training with some of the best masters of the world in succession. I’m sure Nam or even Satan could get to similar levels with the same training.
Yuji wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:34 am Kuririn was already superhuman himself when he started training with Roshi. Definitely not close to the average human.
Sort of? Kuririn goes around one shotting sabertooth tigers, but Roshi says he and Goku were still within the “human wall”. He trained in a Shaolin temple before that and wasn’t even the best student, so I wouldn’t say he’s anything special.

Though the problem here might be that the original series made superhumans a common thing, while Z made the world more grounded.
You forget Kuririn was 10 years old. He was definitely a prodigy. Yamcha or Roshi might be the closest in the Dragon Team to the regular human. Yajirobe was also supposed to be prodigious, he was just lazy.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:58 am

Yuji wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:12 am You forget Kuririn was 10 years old. He was definitely a prodigy. Yamcha or Roshi might be the closest in the Dragon Team to the regular human. Yajirobe was also supposed to be prodigious, he was just lazy.
Good point, although he’s a bit older than that. Yamcha was just a teenager and he rivaled Goku, so he may not be normal either. Roshi is probably the best comparison.

So my verdict: Low thousands. Roshi never lived up to his full potential with potential unlocks training with various gods like Kuririn and co. (he never trained with even Kami), and I think he’s Nappa or Saiyan Saga Goku level currently. Maybe a normal human could surpass 10k if we’re being generous.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:28 pm

We literally did an arc like this in the Super Manga. I don't know how strong normal Cerealeans are compared to normal Humans, or how strong Granolah was compared to Human Dragon Team members Pre-wish, but a Dragon inferior to Shenron and Porunga made him the strongest mortal of Universe 7 at the cost of taking his lifespan. there is no reason a stronger Dragon couldn't do the same, and without taking the ordinary human's life.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:09 pm

Can they only wish for potential unlock? I imagine at least one human has thought about being able to do that "golden hair" thing, or regenerate limbs like Piccolo.

Shenlong might not be able to give galactic power levels, but he could probably pull off something like "All For One". Toronbo did it, so why not?

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:51 am

If they get the Granolah treatment then they can get fairly strong. Granolah's wish gave him the power set of a version of himself that had access to all training methods he'd potentially come across which included Beerus' training. In an Earthlings lifespan they could potentially have access to all Roshi's techniques, all Crane's technique, Korin technique, Super Holy Water, Piccolo's training, the RosaT, and possibly King Kai. Having access to techniques like Roshi's proto-UI and Kaioken would be a possibility. They'd have Tien's whole tool kit and all of Yamcha's techniques, Krillin's too. They also could have potentially studied at Puar and Oolong's transformation school. So, lowballing, I'd put them around Raditz level and mid-balling at King Kai's level during the Saiyan Saga but able to punch way above it thanks to a myriad of esoteric techniques.

Realistically though, this Earthling would have access to technology that could get them to New Namek and Yardrat so they'd have access to Potential Unlock, Spirit Control, Instant Transmission, Forced Spirit Fission, Gigantification.

They'd also have access to Frieza's torture training same as Togoma, which includes the rejuvenating Bacta--er Medical Machines that Frieza's army employs. This creates a massive power boost.

And with all that, if Dr. Hedo is around then the Earthling can be remodeled into an android using Gero's schematics. Just that alone puts them in the upper eschalon of power in the multiverse apparently.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-