Which Grandfather would Gohan like more?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Which Grandfather would Gohan like more?

Post by Seekeroftruth » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:05 am

Let say when Majin Buu destroyed the planet and Gohan was dead, he was given an opportunity to see his grandfathers (Gohan, Bardock). I would like to know, which grandfather would Gohan have favoritism for? Also, what do you think Gohan would think of Bardock if he met him?

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Which Grandfather would Gohan like more?

Post by Dr. Casey » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:06 pm

Gohan would like Grandpa Gohan more. Pretty much anyone would like Grandpa Gohan more, unless you're more similar in nature to Bardock and would find Grandpa Gohan too sunny and annoying.

I'm sure Gohan would find Bardock to be an interesting novelty, but that's about it - he'd care far more about Grandpa Gohan. He's Goku real father, and his own real grandfather.
Princess Snake avatars courtesy of Kunzait, Chibi Goku avatar from Velasa.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:45 pm

Definitely Grandpa Gohan. He was a great guy. I'm sure Bardock, even Z Bardock, would be proud of Gohan, but I don't think Gohan would care since even Goku himself only started caring about him now.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:47 pm

More than likely Grandpa Gohan. Especially since he was actually in Heaven while Bardock was in Hell.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:09 pm

You know, given that Bardock has had a gradual heel-face turn since 2011, Gohan might not find him to be so bad. Compared to how he was first depicted all the way back in 1990, Bardock is almost a different character. He might still be a Saiyan warrior but he's changed to also being a family man that would sacrifice himself for his kin.
If Gohan could see the good in Vegeta and consider him a friend despite his significantly high kill count, Gohan might be willing to see Bardock as an actual grandfather.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:45 am

His favored grandfather would absolutely be King Piccolo

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:24 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:45 am His favored grandfather would absolutely be King Piccolo
That's one heck of a lineage. The heir to Grandpa Gohan, Bardock, and Demon King Piccolo.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:31 pm

Bardock was probably not even in Other World at that point. He probably had his soul reincarnated at this rate.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/