Dragon Ball Super: Manga Chapter 92 - Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Dragon Ball Super: Manga Chapter 92 - Official Discussion Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:34 am

Dragon Ball Super: Manga Chapter 92

新たなる人造人間
Aratanaru Jinzōningen
(A) New Artificial Human(s)

-------------------------------

Release Information:

JAPAN:
Date: April 21, 2023
Publication: V-Jump, June 2023 Issue
Cost: ¥620

(V-Jump is forward-dated two months from its actual release window. Issues are generally released on the 21st of each month, barring a Sunday or a holiday, in which case the issue gets moved up a day appropriately.)

INTERNATIONAL:
Date: April 20, 2023 (timed to the JP midnight-on-April-21st release)
Publication: Digital (Viz/Shonen Jump + Manga Plus)
Cost: Free

FIRST OFFICIAL TEASE:
The "Weekly Dragon Ball News" segment posted on the Dragon Ball Official Website on 10 April 2023 featured Victory Uchida (Shueisha employee/mascot, and editor for the Dragon Ball Super manga working alongside Toyotaro and Akira Toriyama) displaying a tease for the upcoming drafts on screen, which will (tentatively) be shared on April 14.

STORYBOARDS/DRAFTS:
The first several pages of any given chapter's roughs/storyboards/drafts have been posted on the official Dragon Ball website for quite some time now (in all likelihood done in an attempt to combat piracy and control the narrative by releasing teases of specific information and context at their own discretion). The drafts for Dragon Ball Super manga chapter 92 were posted on April 14 (Japan time). As these specific articles are generally removed from the website upon the chapter's formal release, archived versions of these links (such as this) are generally shared by fandom.

-------------------------------

THREAD/DISCUSSION INFORMATION

This is the "official" discussion thread for Dragon Ball Super manga chapter 92. All content regarding this specific chapter would be great to include here in this thread, rather than the dedicated / larger / all-encompassing ongoing thread. Posts that are specific to the individual chapter in the gigantic thread with no relevance to the larger series will be reported and/or removed.

Q: When will this thread open?

A: This thread will be opened by a Kanzenshuu moderator when the first official promotion of the respective chapter occurs. This may be when its storyboards are shared, or in some kind of formal news article leading up to that point. Please do not create a separate thread of your own to discuss this chapter.

Q: What is the history behind a [blank]-specific discussion thread?

A: We established episode-specific discussion threads beginning with Dragon Ball Kai in 2011, followed by the Dragon Ball Super television series in 2015. These episode-specific threads allowed people to discuss just that: those specific episodes, without being interrupted by other discussions regarding general production, promotion, etc. We didn't create corresponding Dragon Ball Super manga chapter threads at its debut due to the nature of its production: it was initially billed as a "comicalization" of the television series, and the first arc barely stood on its own as a unique production, rather than supplemental/incidental/disposable. We had kept the larger thread out of inertia from those earlier chapters, and have wavered for literal years over whether or not to separate them out.

Q: We've had worthwhile individual chapters since chapter five. This is absurd. Why are you just starting individual discussion threads so many years into the manga, when the TV series had it from the start?

A: All of that is correct. Maybe we will go back and pull out threads for past chapters. Maybe we won't. We should have done this a long time ago. Better late than never. This is the plan for now on and is not currently up for discussion or reconsideration. Thank you.

Q: OK, but... so what's the point?

A: At Kanzenshuu we believe in history and preservation. It is worthwhile to future versions of ourselves and entirely new future fans to be able to dig back and find real-time reactions to specific productions (such as a specific episode or chapter). It's much easier to do this when the discussions are separated into these unique threads.

Q: When will new threads be created?

A: Threads for new/upcoming manga chapters will be created by a Kanzenshuu administrator at an appropriate point in time following the release of a previous chapter, and ahead of that next chapter's release schedule (which itself includes the official drafts/storyboards).

Q: OK, so what do you expect us to actually discuss in a chapter thread, particularly ahead of its release?

A: For some time now, Shueisha (in all likelihood to combat "leaks" and illegal piracy) has released "draft" pages of upcoming chapters in the two weeks leading up to any given chapter's release. These are official pieces of information dissemination and absolutely up for discussion. We welcome questions about where and how to legally and officially consume the manga. We do not condone nor allow the discussion or encouragement of piracy. Following a chapter's release, of course anything relating to that chapter and its contents are up for discussion in a specific thread.

Q: What kinds of "sources" can we discuss?

A: You can discuss whatever you want, so long as it lives up to the community guidelines. It is recommended that you link to / discuss actual sources of information, rather than second-hand accounts. Twitter and its users are not "sources" of information. Shueisha has its own official Dragon Ball website and weekly news broadcast on YouTube, which will in all likelihood be your actual primary sources of information leading up to a chapter's release.

Q: What if I have something to say about another chapter that's not this chapter?

A: Is what you have to say/ask/post even tangentially related to this chapter? That's fine. Does it have absolutely nothing to do with this chapter? Post it elsewhere. These chapter-specific threads do not automatically close after a new chapter comes out; you are free to keep discussing a specific chapter for as long as you all feel like talking about it.

Q: So what do we do with the big/main thread?

A: The dedicated / larger / all-encompassing ongoing thread is still perfect for overall/holistic discussion regarding the manga, its production, its promotion, its content relation to other parts of the franchise, etc.

Q: I want to learn more about what's going on with this manga's production!

A: Check out Episode #0489 of our podcast for an extreme deep-dive (with all the receipts you can eat!) into the production of the manga, including all of the ways that Toyotaro, Akira Toriyama, and Victory Uchida each individually contribute to it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Miracles
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Manga Chapter 92 - Official Discussion Thread

Post by Miracles » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:29 am

It's looking like a full blown recap of the movie.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:41 am

Miracles wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:29 am It's looking like a full blown recap of the movie.

More like an alternate full version.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:06 pm

sangofe wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:41 am
Miracles wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:29 am It's looking like a full blown recap of the movie.

Yes. My point is why are we doing this again? The movie is out.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:46 pm

Miracles wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:06 pm
sangofe wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:41 am

Yes. My point is why are we doing this again? The movie is out.
Just stalling for time until Toriyama/Toyotaro iron out the finer details of the next arc.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:52 am

Miracles wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:06 pm Yes. My point is why are we doing this again? The movie is out.
Something happened behind the scenes. There's no other explanation.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:00 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:52 am
Miracles wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:06 pm Yes. My point is why are we doing this again? The movie is out.
For me it's okay even though it's a bit boring, since I have not read any of the manga that hasn't been animated and will not be until it's confirmed that the anime will skip arcs. I wanna experience the anime without knowing the stories. Actually I skipped from the U6 arc until here, since the U6 volume is the last I own, haha.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:09 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:52 am
Agreed. It's just so bizarre to suddenly adapt SH when RoF and Broly were skipped with no issues. It also seems to be a very direct adaptation so far, even if that obviously contradicts previous manga arcs.

I had the same feeling about the rather rushed ending of the Granolah arc myself, through that may be just my own impressions. It just feels like now that we are finally almost into EoZ they don't quite know how to tie things up yet.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omori » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:57 am

I think the reason why Super Hero gets adapted while other movies didn't is simply because the situation has changed.

When DBS started, the manga started out as promotion for the anime and then slowly became its own thing.
With monthly chapters, there was no time to adapt RoF (which has been partially done in the preview manga). Since the U6 tournament the manga was more or less always behind.
The reason to skip Broly was most likely for the manga to be ahead and create original stories for later to be adapted.

Now we have two full manga original arcs, and no anime on the horizon yet, so the manga has the freedom and time to adapt the Super Hero movie. It's an quite different scenario than before.

I'm glad we are getting this, even though the manga will still be "incomplete" without RoF and Broly.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:33 am

Hi folks! As described in the opening FAQ for this thread, conversation here should be dedicated to this specific chapter. If you’re interested in talking more generally about the manga and its direction, please use the other, larger thread for that purpose. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?t=30467
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:38 am

I wonder how this one will end, and how many chapters will this arc get. I think this one and two more.

I believe this month we'll get to see Piccolo infiltrating the Red Ribbon base, picking up Pan from school with that other goon, and Gohan being called into action. Maybe scenes of Goku, Vegeta, Broly and the infamous meditation scene?
I think this chapter will end with some action, Gohan going to the base to rescue Pan, hopefully.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:49 am

After skipping Frieza and Broly's arcs the decision to adapt Super Hero is... Why? What for? Running out of ideas?
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Wrigglything
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wrigglything » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:56 pm

I will say, adapting Super Hero means that we can see Gamma 2's onomatopoeia attacks in a manga panel this time, so it's funny how things go full circle in that sense.

jjbgood
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jjbgood » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:56 pm

People complaining about a super hero manga adaption, when i really hated the fact they skipped the Broly and Resurrection f movies, because now the manga doesnt work as a standalone medium anymore. So fill the gaps!
HOST AND FOUNDER OF THE GERMAN DRAGON BALL PODCAST "KAMEHAMEHA".
ADVISOR FOR THE GERMAN DUB OF DRAGON BALL SUPER.
FAN FOR OVER 20 YEARS.
https://kame-hame-ha.de/

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:43 am

This chapter is about to cure my insomnia.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:09 am

jjbgood wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:56 pm People complaining about a super hero manga adaption, when i really hated the fact they skipped the Broly and Resurrection f movies, because now the manga doesnt work as a standalone medium anymore. So fill the gaps!
Well it's too late now, since Super Hero getting adapted won't fix the two gaps the manga has. It just feels like there's bias towards what they wanna adapt into manga form and what they skip.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:53 am

Once again:
VegettoEX wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:33 am Hi folks! As described in the opening FAQ for this thread, conversation here should be dedicated to this specific chapter. If you’re interested in talking more generally about the manga and its direction, please use the other, larger thread for that purpose. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?t=30467
After this point we will start removing posts.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:28 pm

I don't think there's anything to say about this one tbh. I saw a side by side comparison on twitter, but the only difference is panel composition and angles. The onomatopoeias kinda lose impact in the comic format.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:09 pm

Here's to hoping that new content/info is added in, different from the Super Hero flick.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:31 pm

jjbgood wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:56 pm People complaining about a super hero manga adaption, when i really hated the fact they skipped the Broly and Resurrection f movies, because now the manga doesnt work as a standalone medium anymore. So fill the gaps!
After skipping RoF and Broly, adapting SH is just weird and out of place. It doesn't make sense. I too wanted the RoF and Broly to be adapted into manga, but they weren't. That's why it's... stupid.

But if we're going to get it anyway, I hope Gotenks is going to be used better. Everyone and their moms want to see proper ADULT Gotenks, not that unfunny version from the movie. Or at least more of a grown up Trunks (and Goten, but he's still a boring character).

I also hope for some extra content. And let's hope it'll skip Goku and Vegeta, other characters needs some love (Goku and Vegeta are boring now).

The only thing that is worth a read from this chapter is Piccolo. I wish it was Piccolo's solo arc, would be 10000x better.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.