How would u guys feel if Yamcha becomes the strongest?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

How would u guys feel if Yamcha becomes the strongest?

Post by Seekeroftruth » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:22 pm

Imagine if Toriyama trolled the entire fanbase that has mocked this character for years by making him the strongest via the Super dragon balls. An entire arc where Yamcha pretty much gets the emperor joker treatment and can do whatever he wants only to have his powers stripped away by Zeno in the end. As fans of the franchise, how would you guys feel seeing Yamcha as the strongest Z-senshi for a period of time?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: How would u guys feel if Yamcha becomes the strongest?

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:19 pm

Toriyama can't troll me if I don't give a shit about whose strongest. I just care about what interesting stories are told with that idea in mind.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:20 am

Idk about "the strongest", but I'd be down to have Yamcha grow insanely powerful. Maybe he can have rematches with Goku and Tenshinhan.

On that note, let Tenshinhan get insanely powerful too, so he can have rematches with Goku and Piccolo.

Maybe they can both settle some grudges they may hold toward Vegeta.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:34 pm

Zephyr wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:20 am Idk about "the strongest", but I'd be down to have Yamcha grow insanely powerful. Maybe he can have rematches with Goku and Tenshinhan.

On that note, let Tenshinhan get insanely powerful too, so he can have rematches with Goku and Piccolo.

Why are you leaving poor Kuririn and Roshi in the dust, man?

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:52 pm

Maybe not stronger than Goku, but I'd love for him to be THE strongest human. I want Yamcha and Tenshinhan to be rivals, just like Goku and Vegeta are. Would be cool if our humans were stronger than 90% of the Seventh Universe, because it's just sad that they had problems with some random noname fodder in Moro Arc.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:14 pm

Trouser wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:52 pm Maybe not stronger than Goku, but I'd love for him to be THE strongest human. I want Yamcha and Tenshinhan to be rivals, just like Goku and Vegeta are. Would be cool if our humans were stronger than 90% of the Seventh Universe, because it's just sad that they had problems with some random noname fodder in Moro Arc.
They had trouble because the mooks were amped by Moro's Ki. The series makes it clear the humans are already in the top 1% of the universe.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:02 pm

Yuji wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:34 pm
Zephyr wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:20 am Idk about "the strongest", but I'd be down to have Yamcha grow insanely powerful. Maybe he can have rematches with Goku and Tenshinhan.

Why are you leaving poor Kuririn and Roshi in the dust, man?
I mean they can come too, but I don't think they have as many unsettled beefs that a huge power boost would be conducive to quashing.

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Seekeroftruth » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:45 pm

Trouser wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:52 pm Maybe not stronger than Goku, but I'd love for him to be THE strongest human. I want Yamcha and Tenshinhan to be rivals, just like Goku and Vegeta are. Would be cool if our humans were stronger than 90% of the Seventh Universe, because it's just sad that they had problems with some random noname fodder in Moro Arc.
You mean like, how they were portrayed as Ken and ryu in the early anime and above krillin and all the other human fighters?

https://youtu.be/HI_ra919Bj8

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:53 pm

I know tournaments have been done to death but I'd love to see another 1v1 TB type of tournament like the 23rd TB and before but with each of the combatants at equal power. That would be a lot of fun and a way to rekindle old rivalries.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:41 pm

Yamcha being a meme should never be acknowledged by the series itself, and never has been outside of the baseball episode. I can’t see any way to do this that wouldn’t be winkingly leaning into those jokes, so no thanks. Toriyama has never seemed interested in “trolling” the fanbase in that way. Trolling in other ways, sure.
Would be cool if our humans were stronger than 90% of the Seventh Universe, because it's just sad that they had problems with some random noname fodder in Moro Arc.
They are stronger than 99 percent of the universe. Guys like Zarbon and Dodoria were the cream of the crop, with only a handful of characters out in space beyond that and mostly at the Ginyu level. The only reason Moro’s goons gave them trouble is that they’d been juiced up by Moro’s ki.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:25 pm

Isn't he already? The new leaks show he was Monaka's master.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon May 29, 2023 4:45 pm

Why I should feel different than having a random space guy become the stronger, only to see the very next indvidual become the strongest, only to see that beating the stronger is not enough as the very next panel shown me that Frieza is now the stronger? And all of this quite in the same page?
Isn't that already something you should feel offensive? If not by logic, at least by profluence aestethic?

On a side note: being a fantasy story, you can do whatever (fun and plausible) to boost up characters. Yamcha trained by some old Cat Spirit in the wasteland, Crilin find the Turtle Kingdom just below Kamehouse where Turtle Style can be mastered, TenShin get trained by some silly Chinese Fortune Gods team. You can also add them new ways of fighting that aren't the Space Invaders laser game that Dragon Ball is right now.

The reason this doesn't happen is 'cause managing a party of 10 and giving them the same narrative weight is way more complex than having just 2 and follow a single profluence arc. If one get trained, all had to. If someone have a backstory, all had to. Multiply by 10. Too much of the same premises and situations turn boring.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:34 pm

Toriyama's the one who made Yamcha into a joke.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:12 pm

they could come up with something like on Marvel....
A group of objects or talismans that give power to the user... or just a special weapon