Is anime Kid Buu stronger than Vegito?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Is anime Kid Buu stronger than Vegito?

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:17 am

Enraged Buuhan made Vegito exert effort to stop him and the anime says Kid Buu is on a whole different level to all Buus before him.

Kaboom

Re: Is anime Kid Buu stronger than Vegito?

Post by Kaboom » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:20 am

Relevant follow-up question of my own... did the anime actually remove the line where SS3 Goku regrets breaking the Potara, claiming it could have done the job against Pure Boo? Or was that line just put somewhere else in all of the anime arc's extra back-and-forth shenanigans?

Because I went to check, and it's not where it was in the manga...
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:42 am

If Pure Boo was stronger than Vegetto, Goku would also have to have been stronger than Vegetto in order to damage Pure Boo so much. Has there ever been an instance of a character surpassing their respective fusion from doing absolutely nothing? Because Goku had no time to train or receive some potential unlock in-between defusing from Vegeta and fighting Pure Boo.
It might make narrative-sense for the final bad of DB to be the strongest but Pure Boo simply could not be the strongest, not unless he was and just held back a lot until he had to defend himself from the Genki Dama.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:49 am

Nah, Goku and both Kaioshin still say Potara would solve all their problems against Boo. Unless Goku and Vegeta got much stronger just by escaping Earth, but that’s obviously impossible and not suggested.
Kaboom wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:20 am Relevant follow-up question of my own... did the anime actually remove the line where SS3 Goku regrets breaking the Potara, claiming it could have done the job against Pure Boo? Or was that line just put somewhere else in all of the anime arc's extra back-and-forth shenanigans?

I remember asking the same question somewhere else years ago, and the line is still there. But I think Goku says it to himself as he fights Boo, instead of saying it to Vegeta.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:34 am

This controversy had all the answers needed within the material, but since there has been a heated debate for 20 years, a while ago Takao Koyama cleared that up. When asked about who was the strongest Buu his reply was Buuhan.

Kid Buu makes up what he doesn't have in raw power with pure, immediate and unexpected destruction.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:40 pm

No. Contextually TOEI is inconsistent as usual. They have Goku saying they don't need the Patora for Kid Buu, yet says they need it for Super Buu, actually fuse into Vegetto against Buuhan, they have Goku saying he could not only destroy Fat Buu but also Kid Buu too if he got the time to use full power instead of playing around with him.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:30 pm

No. If he was, SSJ3 Goku wouldn't have been able to do crap do him. Kid Buu is just incredibly aggressive. My view is Stronger than Super Buu, weaker than Buuttenks.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:35 am

Kaboom wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:20 am Relevant follow-up question of my own... did the anime actually remove the line where SS3 Goku regrets breaking the Potara, claiming it could have done the job against Pure Boo? Or was that line just put somewhere else in all of the anime arc's extra back-and-forth shenanigans?

Pretty sure it didn't

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:41 am

Wouldn't make sense, nah
Vegito remains the pinnacle of z since he has something to scale him amongst DBGT high tiers while kid Buu is literally the starting point for base Goku and uub to scale GT from.

Vegito only tried a bit more actively against rage buuhan, he never went full power

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:47 am

Peach wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:30 pm No. If he was, SSJ3 Goku wouldn't have been able to do crap do him. Kid Buu is just incredibly aggressive. My view is Stronger than Super Buu, weaker than Buuttenks.
Well
Infact Goku WASN'T able to do crap to him and he himself admits it
Also, in the anime both Goku and the narrator call kid Buu the strongest by gap from the first part of the fight ( being the one with SSJ2 Goku vs kid Buu ) , so there's not a lot of ways to take that

And even for the manga there are a lot of evidences to scale kid Buu> buuhan , beit more hidden and less blatant than in the anime

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:30 am

p-hyvo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:47 am
Peach wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:30 pm No. If he was, SSJ3 Goku wouldn't have been able to do crap do him. Kid Buu is just incredibly aggressive. My view is Stronger than Super Buu, weaker than Buuttenks.
Well
Also, in the anime both Goku and the narrator call kid Buu the strongest by gap from the first part of the fight ( being the one with SSJ2 Goku vs kid Buu ) , so there's not a lot of ways to take that

And even for the manga there are a lot of evidences to scale kid Buu> buuhan , beit more hidden and less blatant than in the anime
I can buy Buff Buu being stronger than Buuhan, but not Kid Buu. It was implied that SSJ3 Goku could defeat Kid Buu if he hadn't held back to give Vegeta a turn. They would have never crushed the portara earrings if he was that strong too.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:13 am

Peach wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:30 am
Well

I can buy Buff Buu being stronger than Buuhan, but not Kid Buu. It was implied that SSJ3 Goku could defeat Kid Buu if he hadn't held back to give Vegeta a turn. They would have never crushed the portara earrings if he was that strong too.
As if what you can buy or not matters in front of what the series say. Goku initially thought so but later he changed his mind, and both him and Vegeta greatly underestimated kid boo and they understand it too late. The whole point of the kid boo fight is Goku and Vegeta realizing they were wrong about him

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:07 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:13 am
Peach wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:30 am

Well

As if what you can buy or not matters in front of what the series say. Goku initially thought so but later he changed his mind, and both him and Vegeta greatly underestimated kid boo and they understand it too late. The whole point of the kid boo fight is Goku and Vegeta realizing they were wrong about him
They only said his power was going up because he turned into Buff Buu first. It went back down when he became Kid Buu. I will acknowledge that I think it's possible that Kid Buu got more powerful as the fight went on. I think we have a difference of interpretation and that is completely fine. It's fun to have talks like this. Maybe I'll come around to your side one day, but right now I think what i think.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:30 pm

From a stroy telling stand point of Goku couldn't beat Kid Buu outright SS3 would have never been given that weakness.

Civic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Civic » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:30 pm

No. Vegito was stronger than Buuhan, who had Gohan, Trunks, Goten and Piccolo absorbed and using their power. Kid Buu loses all of that strength, so he's weaker than Buuhan.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:38 pm

If Buuhan was weaker than Kid Buu, Goku and Vegeta would not fused to take him on. It's so obvious that both Vegito and Buuhan are stronger than Kid Buu. Buuhan even calls himself the mightest majin in both the anime and manga.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:19 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:38 pm Buuhan even calls himself the mightest majin in both the anime and manga.
Actually, it was Boo with Gotenks absorbed who said it. Of course, it was before Boo absorbed Gohan, but I think the intent is informing that Boo surpassed all his other versions that came to his memory.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:00 pm

The mental gymnastics to have Kid Buu above everybody else is out of this realm.

Three options:

a) Goku and Vegeta were already stronger than Buuhan when they chose to fuse. But they fused because they were too dumb to realize that fact. Somehow they lost their ability to gauge ki. Also they must've lost their ability to use their powers because Buuhan trashed them in the anime.

b) they, somehow, came out of the fusion being stronger, way stronger than before. Stronger than ever. Although they also had no idea about this because they were too afraid to fight Super Buu. This would also require fusion to split its power in two for the fusees after it is done... something never ever, ever, EVER hinted at all. Not in Z, GT, DBS, DBAF, DBM or SDBH.

b2) Goku and Vegeta got a zenkai boost bigger than ever, even though that was not doing anything for them since Namek. Again they must've been incredibly dumb to not see how much stronger they got after defusing because Super Buu of all people was scaring the fuck out of them. Also, a zenkai boost after no damage suffered at all, because in the manga they didn't get to fight Buuhan on their own.

So, basically, it's dumbing down the MCs the only way to have this flimsy theory work... with no evidence at all.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:38 pm

I think the easiest approach to understand this situation is knowing that Goku and Vegeta wouldn’t try to weaken Boo if they had the confidence they were able to fight on their own, specially Goku. He would try to fight Boo at his best, like he did against Freeza and Cell, but this opponent was simply on a league of his own.

So, as a matter of fact, Goku doesn’t think he can beat Super Boo, even with the best of his abilities, but after seeing a glimpse of Pure Boo’s power, he didn’t lose the confidence that he could manage something, so much that he destroyed the Potara again. Of course, Goku overestimated his ability to use SS3 efficiently, but the point is that Goku’s reaction towards those two versions of Boo is the key factor to determine who is stronger than who. If they were forced to fight Super Boo they wouldn’t even have a chance to connote any strategy.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Fri May 05, 2023 9:51 am

It doesn't make sense, but Kid Buu is stated to be the strongest Buu in the anime.

Also I believe in the anime, Goku and Vegeta defeat phantom versions of Gohan and Gotenks who are believed to be at the same strength as their regular selves. :crazy:
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.