Saint Seiya and Sailor Moon VS Dragon Ball and Pretty Cure: Philosophy when animating fights

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Saint Seiya and Sailor Moon VS Dragon Ball and Pretty Cure: Philosophy when animating fights

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:55 am

I know this title will look pretty random to anyone not familiar with the other 3 anime but I decided to make this topic because all the involved series are so popular that at least ONE fan will be interested in this topic.

Now When people think of DBZ for Girls people tend to point to Sailor Moon (Or Inuyasha lol) because its the equivalent shojo demographic hit in terms of popularity... But Sailor Moon owes way more to Saint Seiya than it ever did Dragon Ball. The fights in Sailor Moon and Saint Seiya tend to be static and stock footage filled while Pretty Cure has more of a fight choreography like Dragon Ball does, the only stock footage is the finisher to kill the monsters of the week , it literally is Dragon Ball for girls in this aspect. What do you have to say about this observation?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: