Your favourite Goku quote

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Re: Your favourite Goku quote

Post by Yuji » Wed May 24, 2023 5:56 am

Poll is running until May 31st.

Currently, Goku's lower-born/elite speech against Vegeta is #1, "Kuririn no koto ka?" is #2 and "Bye, guys" from his Cell arc sacrifice is #3.

https://twitter.com/DB_official_en/stat ... 2914785282

I did expect that number 1 as it's probably the most meaningful line Goku has in the series thematically, but I was expecting "I was raised on Earth but I'm a Saiyan too" and "Super Saiyan, Son Goku" to round off the top 3.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:52 am

The results are in

https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_2073.html

As expected, the low born vs elite speech is first, but I'm surprised at how high some of the Super quotes got.

I'm surprised "I am the Super Saiyan," "You can destroy planets but can't even destroy one little man" and "I was raised on Earth but I'm a Saiyan too" missed it but the top 10 is already full of Freeza arc quotes, with four.

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:14 pm

Yuji wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:52 amAs expected, the low born vs elite speech is first
Yuji wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:56 am Currently, Goku's lower-born/elite speech against Vegeta is #1
I did expect that number 1 as it's probably the most meaningful line Goku has in the series thematically
Something tells me certain clone series later on tried to adopt this as well (some failing in retrospect).

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:19 pm

GhostEmperorX wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:14 pm
Yuji wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:52 amAs expected, the low born vs elite speech is first
Yuji wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:56 am Currently, Goku's lower-born/elite speech against Vegeta is #1
I did expect that number 1 as it's probably the most meaningful line Goku has in the series thematically
Something tells me certain clone series later on tried to adopt this as well (some failing in retrospect).
I too have a lot of gripes with how post-DB Shounen inspired themselves on DB and yet failed to grasp its more unique and important themes.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:54 pm

When he was down to run the fade on Supreme Kai when he thought he was talking shit to Piccolo.

Oh, and "More than love, I prefer guts!"
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler