Could Goku actually wipe out humanity?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ashur
Beyond Newbie

Could Goku actually wipe out humanity?

Post by Ashur » Thu May 11, 2023 5:58 am

Let's pretend for a second that we are at some point before 2013 and the statements of Raditz and Vegeta about Goku being sent to Earth to conquer it is true, let's pretend that without his memory loss Goku would have consciously gone through with it from his position as Son Gohan's adoptive grandson.

Something that always seemed weird to me is how there are many reasons why Goku would have failed his mission before Raditz showed up even without the memory loss.

We have people like Tao Pai Pai, who was able to easily beat a Goku that had went through an intense training regime, a training that would have been inaccessible to an evil Goku who is trying to destroy everything, as he would have not helped Bulma or met Master Roshi in the same circumstances as the series, so without Roshi's help Goku would have been a weakling compared to people like Tao Pai Pai, Tenshinhan, Chiatzou and Tsuru Senin, people who were all stronger than Goku independently from his existence, heck maybe even General Blue would have beaten him considering how he bullied Krillin.

Then, when taking the Oozaru into account, we have seen Master Roshi dealing with him in 100% of his power, and everyone seems to think the Kamehameha he used to destroy the moon would have also killed the Oozaru Goku even after Goku's training.

There's also Uranai Baba to help Son Gohan come back for a day to destroy the moon if the situation turns so dire (after he was killed he was aware at what turned Goku into the Oozaru).

So how would Goku have to go about it to succeed? Is he even capable or likely to do it?

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Re: Could Goku actually wipe out humanity?

Post by Yuji » Thu May 11, 2023 6:07 am

We can assume Kakarot would likely get into fights much earlier than his Goku counterpart, so he'd be experiencing near-death powerups much more frequently and be overall stronger. I think that's how lower class Saiyans conquer planets. They probably don't expect every planet to have beings with a battle power lower than 100. The Oozaru is the finishing move but the near-death powerups are the crutch to get them strong enough to exterminate.

NeoZ Duwang
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NeoZ Duwang » Thu May 11, 2023 8:40 am

Yuji wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:07 am We can assume Kakarot would likely get into fights much earlier than his Goku counterpart, so he'd be experiencing near-death powerups much more frequently and be overall stronger. I think that's how lower class Saiyans conquer planets. They probably don't expect every planet to have beings with a battle power lower than 100. The Oozaru is the finishing move but the near-death powerups are the crutch to get them strong enough to exterminate.
The question is: Where would he get near death power ups in the first place? Not only would he need to find adversaries that are strong enough to cause enough damage without killing him in the first place, he would also have to find a way to recover himself from said damage, which is not a guarantee.

I don't think Kakarotto would be able to conquer Earth, no. Earth is a relatively weak planet, but there are many martial artists and other powerful people scattered around the world. Most people on Earth would either be too weak for him to get stronger, or powerful enough to handle him,
she/they.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu May 11, 2023 8:54 am

NeoZ Duwang wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:40 am
Yuji wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:07 am We can assume Kakarot would likely get into fights much earlier than his Goku counterpart, so he'd be experiencing near-death powerups much more frequently and be overall stronger. I think that's how lower class Saiyans conquer planets. They probably don't expect every planet to have beings with a battle power lower than 100. The Oozaru is the finishing move but the near-death powerups are the crutch to get them strong enough to exterminate.
The question is: Where would he get near death power ups in the first place? Not only would he need to find adversaries that are strong enough to cause enough damage without killing him in the first place, he would also have to find a way to recover himself from said damage, which is not a guarantee.

I don't think Kakarotto would be able to conquer Earth, no. Earth is a relatively weak planet, but there are many martial artists and other powerful people scattered around the world. Most people on Earth would either be too weak for him to get stronger, or powerful enough to handle him,
If we assume Gohan still takes care of him, then Gohan himself would probably give him quite a few as I doubt he'd be willing to kill a child, and Goku would always be bloodlusted looking for a fight until he's knocked out. With some luck, Goku surpasses and kills Gohan without the need of Oozaru, and then with the transformation at that point he should be stronger than anyone else on Earth.

The real question is whether God or Popo would intervene. They would have the foresight and knowledge to destroy the moon.

NeoZ Duwang
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NeoZ Duwang » Thu May 11, 2023 9:06 am

Yuji wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:54 am If we assume Gohan still takes care of him, then Gohan himself would probably give him quite a few as I doubt he'd be willing to kill a child, and Goku would always be bloodlusted looking for a fight until he's knocked out. With some luck, Goku surpasses and kills Gohan without the need of Oozaru, and then with the transformation at that point he should be stronger than anyone else on Earth.
Good point. I was working under the assumption that Gohan would hold back to not hurt Goku too much, but I didn't take into account that Goku would most likely force Gohan to cause some damage to stop him
Yuji wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:54 am The real question is whether God or Popo would intervene. They would have the foresight and knowledge to destroy the moon.
I mean, considering how little God did about Piccolo's situation before Goku climbed to his temple, I assume they wouldn't immediately get involved, but he could get Popo to locate and warn some martial artist (Most likely Muten Roshi) about the threat
she/they.

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Thu May 11, 2023 6:22 pm

They would have killed goku.

It is not hard, he was a toddler. Saiyan or not, they could have easily killed him at gunpoint. Even If he would have turned into Ozaru form, they would have sent in military power.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Fri May 12, 2023 7:38 am

If we change the future events with Goku joining an evil martial artist, such as Tsfuru Sennin, then I could see him getting stronger bit by bit and events transpiring similar to those in the manga. I would definately see Goku wanting to fight Tao Pai Pai, Blue or Piccolo Daimao just because of his Saiya-jin instincts.
Giving that Tenshinhan was plenty strong enough to stomp pretty much anyone on Earth when he was introduced, Goku would also be able to come far.
Piccolo Daimao took over the world with a power around 260 so Goku succeeding in doing it isn't a huge stretch.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri May 12, 2023 9:21 am

Without help from his friends and masters to get stronger, a hostile Goku would only have lasted as long as it took him to meet Yajirobe.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Fri May 12, 2023 11:01 am

I can only see him doing some damage when he transforms into Oozaru or if he trains by himself to get better. But his biggest weapon is his transformation.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri May 12, 2023 12:00 pm

I think this depends a lot on how Goku/Kakarotto goes around. By the start of the series, Goku is weaker than most fighters we see eventually, and some like Roshi could even handle Oozaru Goku. Maybe weaker fighters could as well if they're smart about the tail, like Yamcha and Puar. But if Kakarotto is ucky enough, he could fight people on his level and steadily power up beyond anyone else in this world.

Let's take a look at the world map.
If Kakarotto leaves Mount Paozu looking for civilization, he'll come across Oolong and kill him. He'll kill Yamcha too. But even if he gets a fight out of Yamcha and random martial artists or big beasts around, Gyuu Mao should crush Goku if he doesn't have Oozaru.

I remember in DB Multiverse, Roshi and Kuririn track him down after hearing of a monster. For the sake of the plot, they have Kakarotto kill Roshi, but realistically it should go the other way around.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Ashur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashur » Sun May 14, 2023 2:35 am

Godo wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:38 am If we change the future events with Goku joining an evil martial artist, such as Tsfuru Sennin, then I could see him getting stronger bit by bit and events transpiring similar to those in the manga. I would definately see Goku wanting to fight Tao Pai Pai, Blue or Piccolo Daimao just because of his Saiya-jin instincts.
Giving that Tenshinhan was plenty strong enough to stomp pretty much anyone on Earth when he was introduced, Goku would also be able to come far.
Piccolo Daimao took over the world with a power around 260 so Goku succeeding in doing it isn't a huge stretch.
Actually when thinking about this scenario the first thing it ocurred to me was Tsuru Sennin becoming Goku's master after Gohan's death, that could be the best bet as he would become a rival to Tenshinhan so their power growth would be close if Goku joins them at a very young age (we know Tenshinhan was much weaker than Tao Pai Pai in the past) but i don't know if this Goku would be humble enough to become a disciple or if Tsuru Sennin would even spare his life to train him if Goku ever attacked him.
Cipher wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:21 am Without help from his friends and masters to get stronger, a hostile Goku would only have lasted as long as it took him to meet Yajirobe.
Yajirobe is very strong but we don't know if he was always like that, he's around Goku's age so his development probably mirrored Goku's, if Goku encounterd Yajirobe earlier than 15 years old then Yajirobe would be weaker than in canon, still without the training it is highly unlikely Goku survives him because Yajirobe would probably cut him in half or something, very hard to get a near death power up from that.
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:00 pm I think this depends a lot on how Goku/Kakarotto goes around. By the start of the series, Goku is weaker than most fighters we see eventually, and some like Roshi could even handle Oozaru Goku. Maybe weaker fighters could as well if they're smart about the tail, like Yamcha and Puar. But if Kakarotto is ucky enough, he could fight people on his level and steadily power up beyond anyone else in this world.

Let's take a look at the world map.
If Kakarotto leaves Mount Paozu looking for civilization, he'll come across Oolong and kill him. He'll kill Yamcha too. But even if he gets a fight out of Yamcha and random martial artists or big beasts around, Gyuu Mao should crush Goku if he doesn't have Oozaru.

I remember in DB Multiverse, Roshi and Kuririn track him down after hearing of a monster. For the sake of the plot, they have Kakarotto kill Roshi, but realistically it should go the other way around.
That's an interesting point, the place he's in lends him to potentially becoming stronger from fighting Yamcha (if Kakarot is a bit weaker than Goku due to less training from Gohan), but i feel that the near-death power up is a very specific situation not many Saiyans were able to exploit beyond those that were in the Frieza army (thanks to the healing capsules), it has to be coming back from the brink of death, not just big injuries overall, without Zensu, and without healing capsules, it's not easy to exploit such power ups, i feel it makes more sense that Goku would become stronger by fighting in close battles and training, like others have said very few enemies on Earth would leave Goku in that sweet spot of fatally wounded but not quite dead yet, and very few places in Earth can heal such injuries..

I also didin't think about Gyumao when i first thought of this, he looks like the first roadblock.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun May 14, 2023 3:02 pm

Ashur wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:35 am That's an interesting point, the place he's in lends him to potentially becoming stronger from fighting Yamcha (if Kakarot is a bit weaker than Goku due to less training from Gohan), but i feel that the near-death power up is a very specific situation not many Saiyans were able to exploit beyond those that were in the Frieza army (thanks to the healing capsules), it has to be coming back from the brink of death, not just big injuries overall, without Zensu, and without healing capsules, it's not easy to exploit such power ups, i feel it makes more sense that Goku would become stronger by fighting in close battles and training, like others have said very few enemies on Earth would leave Goku in that sweet spot of fatally wounded but not quite dead yet, and very few places in Earth can heal such injuries..

I also didin't think about Gyumao when i first thought of this, he looks like the first roadblock.
He doesn’t have to get beaten to an inch of his life to get stronger, that’s just what gives the biggest boost. In the RRA Saga Kuririn notes Goku has gotten stronger from fighting strong guys even though he’d only fought in Muscle Tower up to that point. Unless you count General White KO’ing Goku as a zenkai, but it just seemed to knock him out for a minute and make him dizzy. He still recovered from that on his own.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon May 15, 2023 6:33 am

If we're going by canon verbatum on Zenkai, Goku isn't supposed to be just beaten badly, he would need to be beaten within an inch of his life, survive, and then heal up, and to be honest, I think the closest that happened when he was a kid, was getting shot by General White, and the first and second times he fought King Piccolo. The four star dragonball took the brunt of Tao's Dodonpa, and Goku was quick to climb the tower right after, so I don't count that. Not even getting smashed up by Tambourine is worth a zenkai,

And yes there is an argument for Oozaru. And in the 21st Budokai, when Goku transformed, the main cast was scared Master Roshi was going to kill him with a Kamehameha. It's up to interpretation if Master Roshi could have pulled it off, severely wounded him, or do no damage, but just the tension from that scene means there is a conversation there. And Uhh, I do go with Ox King being one of the strongest earthlings in the series, stronger than Goku and Piccolo even at the start of Z, so a giant Kid Goku ape running around in his territory, he would have been able to cut him to pieces.

In hindsight, sending a baby saiyan to earth was almost a fatal error, should have sent Raditz.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Mon May 15, 2023 6:40 am

FoolsGil wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 6:33 amAnd Uhh, I do go with Ox King being one of the strongest earthlings in the series, stronger than Goku and Piccolo even at the start of Z, so a giant Kid Goku ape running around in his territory, he would have been able to cut him to pieces.
There's, uh, no reason to think this. He was second to Gohan - who died to the Oozaru and was decisively weaker than RRA arc Goku - and puts himself below a pre-21st TB Roshi.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon May 15, 2023 6:41 am

Yuji wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 6:40 am
FoolsGil wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 6:33 amAnd Uhh, I do go with Ox King being one of the strongest earthlings in the series, stronger than Goku and Piccolo even at the start of Z, so a giant Kid Goku ape running around in his territory, he would have been able to cut him to pieces.
There's, uh, no reason to think this. He was second to Gohan - who died to the Oozaru and was decisively weaker than RRA arc Goku - and puts himself below a pre-21st TB Roshi.
Movie Guide, forgot which one, gave him a PL of 910. Even if that is ignored, I think we can all agree he can end Kid Goku pretty quickly. (and I believe Grandpa Gohan died because he didn't want to hurt Goku. If he saw him as an enemy, things probably would have turned out different)

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon May 15, 2023 10:48 am

Games, cards and movie pamphlets just give whatever numbers. Gyumao and Roshi agreed Roshi was the stronger of the two and Roshi's PL was less than 139 back then.

Gyumao never fights in the manga, but we're led to believe he'd crush Goku. The anime has them fight and Gyumao tanks a full force kick from Goku.

Ashur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashur » Wed May 17, 2023 3:50 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 3:02 pm
Ashur wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:35 am That's an interesting point, the place he's in lends him to potentially becoming stronger from fighting Yamcha (if Kakarot is a bit weaker than Goku due to less training from Gohan), but i feel that the near-death power up is a very specific situation not many Saiyans were able to exploit beyond those that were in the Frieza army (thanks to the healing capsules), it has to be coming back from the brink of death, not just big injuries overall, without Zensu, and without healing capsules, it's not easy to exploit such power ups, i feel it makes more sense that Goku would become stronger by fighting in close battles and training, like others have said very few enemies on Earth would leave Goku in that sweet spot of fatally wounded but not quite dead yet, and very few places in Earth can heal such injuries..

He doesn’t have to get beaten to an inch of his life to get stronger, that’s just what gives the biggest boost. In the RRA Saga Kuririn notes Goku has gotten stronger from fighting strong guys even though he’d only fought in Muscle Tower up to that point. Unless you count General White KO’ing Goku as a zenkai, but it just seemed to knock him out for a minute and make him dizzy. He still recovered from that on his own.
Well, after what General White shot him, Goku couldn't move and had to be carried by Hatchan:
So it looks like a very serious hit to the head, if he was in a life or death situation with no allies something like that would get him killed, but yeah you're right Goku gets stronger by being in close fights, not just at death's door, Goku also fought Jackie Chun to exhaustion prior to that, between that and the Muscle Tower shot to his head it makes sense his body got stronger since the last time Krillin saw Goku fight.

Still the power ups from fighting aren't substantial, Goku was largely the same strenght from Nam's fight to Jackie Chun even though he did get plenty damage in Nam's fight, it's not that every time he sustains damage he gets stronger it's just in very close to death scenarios.
FoolsGil wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 6:33 am

In hindsight, sending a baby saiyan to earth was almost a fatal error, should have sent Raditz.
Personally i think Goku could do it if he was smart about it, but overall it seems like the Saiyans severely underestimate how dangerous the Earth really is to an untrained low-class Saiyan baby.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat May 20, 2023 5:28 pm

I feel it's a moot question at this point, Goku's not smart enough to be directly evil.

But he can be accidentally destructive and put humanity at risk, like the World Tournament with its world-erasing stakes.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue May 23, 2023 6:56 am

People are insane to think he'd get near death power ups.

If he's near death it's because someone is trying to kill him. No one is letting him heal up.

He will not have senzu beans or healing pods, he's fucked if and when the first near death injury happens.

He'd run into an exceptional individual like Kuririn, Roshi, Ten, Chaozu, Crane, Tao, Red Ribbon guys and get merced.

Saiyan babies were disposable and they either won despite all odds or died but were weak anyway. Maybe most planets have less variance between weakest and strongest beings.

Funnily enough Super solves this seeming incongruity anyway because it turns out he WASN'T sent there to conquer but just to survive. Earth was picked for it's peacefullness and remoteness, not because it was scaled to baby kakarots expected abilities at all.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

GokuHater
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GokuHater » Tue May 23, 2023 4:43 pm

An interesting question. Given the premise is the same - he lands in the mountains and grandpa Gohan finds him, I don't think he would.
Even if Gohan didn't manage to change his vicous tendencies and would end up dead simillar to what actually happened, Goku would be in no real shape to match the strongest fighters there.
He would surely be able to kill people, destroy villages and towns but the very brick wall that is the existence of Tao Pai Pai or Roshi means he would not proceed that far.
Even Yamcha kicked Goku's butt at that point. And let's remember, first Goku's extraordinary power up came for training with Kamesenin.
Oozaru would probably make not much difference. While destructive, again, Yamcha and Roshi in the manga found a way to stop it on the fly.

Now given something unexpected happens, Goku starts his journey either way, meets some allies, gets stronger. That would be interesting scenarios to wonder. Maybe he would join RR army just to want to destroy the eventually.

Also the case if people really would treat Goku as a serious threat. In the manga, very often, Goku is looked down upon as he's a child, which results in amusing and cathartic victories for him.
Maybe here it would be simillar but with a compeletly different premise.