GT as a Series of Movies

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

GT as a Series of Movies

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri May 12, 2023 5:11 pm

Being a Toei thing, GT feels a lot like the DBZ Movies. The Super 17 Saga even follows the formula down to a T. So what if they actually were movies? That would be a great way of cutting off the filler-ish sequences and making GT a more digestible experience overall.

I’m not as much claiming I’ll do this as just proposing the idea, but I may give it a try after my finals. If anyone wants to take the idea from me or work together I would love it too.

What do you think?
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Re: GT as a Series of Movies

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Sat May 20, 2023 10:38 pm

Seems interesting. This would be a nice way to make the series more digestible. Nice companion piece to Dragon Ball Recut.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Thu May 25, 2023 7:51 am

I think some french fans have actually already done this.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu May 25, 2023 9:04 am

Interesting concept, although it may not work so well with certain arcs:

-Black Star - You would have to fast forward or skip almost everything before M2 just like FUNimation did. M2 should be main plot here, so everything else would have to be done in 30 minutes. Also since this arc ends with Baby there would be a weird cliffhanger for next movie.

-Baby - I can see this arc as a movie but only as a continuation of previous movie, as there is a big plot build-up leading to this arc.

-Super 17 - This one already feels like a movie cut into episodes, almost like DBS and its movie retelling arcs.

-Shadow Dragons - This one would be hard to fit into a movie, especially if it was as long as older movies. But if it was full length then first 30 minutes should be introduction and fighting first 4 dragons (still seems like not much time to introduce 4 enemies), then 20 minutes for Nuova/Eis and rest of movie (30-40 minutes) should be Syn Shenron.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta