Was Perfect Cell's Buff Form Him Growing Stronger...Our Simply Growing In Size?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Was Perfect Cell's Buff Form Him Growing Stronger...Our Simply Growing In Size?

Post by theherodjl » Mon May 15, 2023 12:06 am

Piccolo revealed in the latest film that his Ki doesn't actually increase when he grows larger so if we factor that into Perfect Cell going 'buff' to try and kill SSJ2 Gohan, did Cell(in a moment of blind rage) make another mistake by growing bigger rather than stronger in the manner of using Piccolo's growth ability as opposed to the SSJ Grade 3 principle? Cell was not thinking clearly when he was losing to SSJ2 Gohan so did he simply misuse his abilities in a fury?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Was Perfect Cell's Buff Form Him Growing Stronger...Our Simply Growing In Size?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 15, 2023 12:27 am

I feel like Cell's Buff Form is his version of Freeza's 100% full form. He probably will have a loss of stamina and energy when used for extensive periods of time
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Civic
Beyond Newbie

Re: Was Perfect Cell's Buff Form Him Growing Stronger...Our Simply Growing In Size?

Post by Civic » Mon May 15, 2023 1:47 am

I dont think its the same technique. Cells buff form is a mirror of SSJ Grade 3, the form Trunks used unsuccessfully on Cell after Vegeta was unconscious. Greater strength but unusable due to the sacrifice to speed.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Mon May 15, 2023 8:45 am

Civic wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 1:47 am I dont think its the same technique. Cells buff form is a mirror of SSJ Grade 3, the form Trunks used unsuccessfully on Cell after Vegeta was unconscious. Greater strength but unusable due to the sacrifice to speed.
This.

Piccolo's power doesn't increase much in his giant form -- but Cell isn't Piccolo. That said, I believe it was explicitly stated that Buff Cell sacrificed speed to maximize power... Indicating that he indeed became [significantly] more powerful in his buff/berserker form.

Moreover, by that point Cell had already showcased the fact that he was capable of perfectly mirroring Trunks' SS[G3] form during their battle:

However, his buff/berserker form was something else entirely, and almost seemed to be an even more amped version of the above:

...So I would actually be inclined to believe that said form's raw power exceeded that of a SS[G3] amp... But in the end, it still wasn't enough to bridge the gap between he and SS2 Gohan, and was far too slow to be effective at all.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon May 15, 2023 9:10 am

Galan007 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:45 am SNIP
Huh good research I'm gonna headcanon it it's Grade 3 and Freezas 100%.

So it's going 100% then G3'ing. If it was like a Grade 4 he would probably be some threat to Gohan, but we do need to explain his different lewk.

Also good be a plot excuse to have him get big enough to puke up an android haha.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.