Jump Stars ULTIMAX (Rumor)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Jump Stars ULTIMAX (Rumor)

Post by Xeogran » Thu May 18, 2023 5:07 pm

This image leaked to the web today.

A possible new Shonen Jump Crossover game titled Jump Stars ULTIMAX is perhaps soon to be announced at the upcoming Playstation Showcase, on 24th of May.

For the first time a game like this will be developed by CyberConnect2, which makes sense since Spike is clearly busy with BT4.

I'm personally excited, a Jump game with Stars in the title has never disappointed me :thumbup:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Jump Stars ULTIMAX (Rumor)

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 18, 2023 6:45 pm

What does "leaked to the web" actually mean here? Things don't just miraculously conjure themselves into existence. Where was it first posted? Who was the person who first posted it? What background does said person have in this arena? Details? Anything?

I don't see how there couldn't be an upcoming, planned, multi-franchise crossover game coming at some point in the near future... but exactly how often is it an off-screen tilted photo like this where it's how we learn about a legit product? I think the Battle of Gods poster was the first and only time for this franchise that such a thing ever turned out to be true.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri May 19, 2023 2:13 am

VegettoEX wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:45 pm What does "leaked to the web" actually mean here? Things don't just miraculously conjure themselves into existence. Where was it first posted? Who was the person who first posted it? What background does said person have in this arena? Details? Anything?
Most likely in one of the game related imageboards, but a leaker/insider (?) hinted about it coming since a while now (second to last underscore lines match this game's title)
VegettoEX wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:45 pm exactly how often is it an off-screen tilted photo like this where it's how we learn about a legit product?
Not really often, but it happens with games.

Anyhow since it's the 55th anniversary of SJ this year, a new game sounds most possible.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri May 19, 2023 1:51 pm

I hope the leaks are true because we'll get to play as Bobobo & Don Patch

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Wed May 24, 2023 7:00 pm

With a title like that (assuming it's real), that may mean a return to the style that the older Jump Stars games had, rather than whatever pseudo-realistic, USA-pandering crap that Jump Force was trying to pull. I want more of the weird and wonderful WSJ characters from all the different genres, not just the action manga characters that would appeal most to western audiences. A splash of comic book colour wouldn't go amiss, either!

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:15 pm

I highly doubt that Bamco is going to steal some other company's made-up word for their game. Plus this image looks amateur as FUCK.
VegettoEX wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:45 pm What does "leaked to the web" actually mean here? Things don't just miraculously conjure themselves into existence. Where was it first posted? Who was the person who first posted it? What background does said person have in this arena? Details? Anything?
The main rule anyway is "It's not a leak unless it turns out to be true."
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Asin » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:55 pm

...I have my doubts, but I may just not be in the know. Is Shueisha Games, like, a thing? I don't recall hearing of them before.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:52 pm

Welp, this seems to be fake now.
But at least there's still chance for a crossover game due to the 55th Anniversary.