Criticism

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Criticism

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Fri May 19, 2023 4:53 pm

VegettoEX, you moderate people for saying Destructo Disc or dub wording or delete their threads. You portray yourself as a mature individual, clearly more mature than the others here, but engage in childish behavior no different than any of us here. You will then claim that this is your site and your rules and if we don't like it then leave.

You may have created the site but that doesn't make your behaviors any less silly as you portray them as. Plenty of people in power abuse their authority and in your case, you have cultivated a toxic echo chamber willfully and intentionally and only people that resemble you stick around.

Your moderation style never evolved or improved, you are stuck in the past and it's why this community has dipped to only a select few individuals. You and your ilk here even bullied Sean Schemmel off this site with very cringe accusations and argumentative nonsense for no explicit reason other than dub bad.

You are an insufferable jerk and it's no wonder people left this site.
We the ones

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Criticism

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri May 19, 2023 5:07 pm

1. I know this forum used to auto filter dub terms to Japanese terms but that was clearly done away a long time ago and people on this forum have used Frieza, King Kai, Hercule, Sprit Bomb, Tien, Krillin, Special Beam Cannon blabbity blah blah all the time so complaining about that being moderated especially when you joined long after that stopped being a thing seems kinda I dunno petty?

2. When was Sean Schemmel ever on this forum? What?

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Fri May 19, 2023 5:21 pm

The best part about this topic is that it's not even in the correct forum section. Not that I think it should have been posted at all, but "general franchise discussion" clearly isn't the place for it, when there is a "website & community discussion" section available. This fact alone shows how much weight should be given to this "criticism".

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri May 19, 2023 5:25 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:07 pm 1. I know this forum used to auto filter dub terms to Japanese terms but that was clearly done away a long time ago and people on this forum have used Frieza, King Kai, Hercule, Sprit Bomb, Tien, Krillin, Special Beam Cannon blabbity blah blah all the time so complaining about that being moderated especially when you joined long after that stopped being a thing seems kinda I dunno petty?

2. When was Sean Schemmel ever on this forum? What?
He didn't exactly get run off as much as he joined the forum to address penguintruth, an insanely overzealous sub fan who used to post here (In all fairness, penguintruth has since matured a lot and he and Sean patched things up on Twitter after Resurrection F came out).
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri May 19, 2023 5:27 pm

I agree Vegetto EX has looked down on dubs and dub fans and also allowed sub fans to be rude in the forums. But as I major dub fan I've never felt anything other than totally welcome. AND he praised the Latin American dub as Critically Acclaimed which is awesome in my book.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri May 19, 2023 5:43 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:07 pmWhen was Sean Schemmel ever on this forum? What?
It was way back in 2010, he only made a handful of posts, most of it was to promote Kai, specifically Funimation's dub over Ocean's, and to defend his work as the aforementioned rift between Schemmel and penguintruth made its way to these forums.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri May 19, 2023 5:59 pm

Good gosh, that Schemmel nonsense was 13 years ago already? 😭 Where is the time going?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri May 19, 2023 6:08 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:59 pm Good gosh, that Schemmel nonsense was 13 years ago already? 😭 Where is the time going?
I know, I was about ready to graduate high school when this crap happened

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri May 19, 2023 7:14 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:08 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:59 pm Good gosh, that Schemmel nonsense was 13 years ago already? 😭 Where is the time going?
I know, I was about ready to graduate high school when this crap happened
I'd been out of high school for a year at that point. Holy shit, when did I become an adult? What do you mean it's the 2020s now?

Fuck, I wish I didn't have health issues preventing me from retaining memories. 😑
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri May 19, 2023 8:19 pm

Well, um...that "name and term filter" policy isn't even a thing that's actively enforced on the forum anymore so i don't really see why your complaining about it in the first place. Overall though, i just don't really see what the purpose of this topic is. Also, i don't think this is going to go anywhere with you calling VegettoEX a jerk and stuff. I've seen people who did threads just about exactly like this before and they got banned for it.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Kazuya Mishima
Banned

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Fri May 19, 2023 9:00 pm

UltraInstinctRorikon wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:53 pmYou portray yourself as a mature individual, clearly more mature than the others here, but engage in childish behavior no different than any of us here.
This is very common amongst mods from across the internet in general.

A few extra site perks not afforded to the majority and they think they're god's gift. Still bit silly if threads are being deleted if someone uses dub terms while on an English forum.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat May 20, 2023 12:29 am

Mike hardly even weighs in on anything except to steer back threads going off track. I don't know what this is referring to.

(Penguintruth probably should have been off the boards long before the Schemmel thing happened, but that was a case of two hot-headed inviduals.)

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat May 20, 2023 3:54 am

I don't think VegettoEX is some untouchable saint or anything but this thread is still really fucking funny. Oh no, us dubbies are so oppressed. That's why the only ones who get in trouble are the guys who can never be normal about it. Must be because they like the dub, obviously. I get banned here 500 times a year because I like the dub. It's my fault everyone, I'm so sorry.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sat May 20, 2023 5:46 am

I love penguintruth and hope he gets unbanned.

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Sat May 20, 2023 7:21 am

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:19 pm Well, um...that "name and term filter" policy isn't even a thing that's actively enforced on the forum anymore so i don't really see why your complaining about it in the first place.
I'm guessing he's mad that his thread that he necroposted back got closed.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat May 20, 2023 8:13 am

Majin Buu wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:21 am
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:19 pm Well, um...that "name and term filter" policy isn't even a thing that's actively enforced on the forum anymore so i don't really see why your complaining about it in the first place.
I'm guessing he's mad that his thread that he necroposted back got closed.
Exactly, because i can't imagine why he'd even bother with bringing up the filter thing as if it were still being done now when it was already long since discontinued. If this is about the thread that was necro'ed and then locked, then it seems rather pointless to mention something that's not even been used for many years. So yes, this seems like a rather pointless topic that seems more like it's just random venting/bitching rather than constructive discussion. You know, considering this isn't even the right section of the forum to post it in.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sat May 20, 2023 10:16 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:27 pmBut as I major dub fan I've never felt anything other than totally welcome.
For real. As someone who joined the site as a dub fan, I remember arguing with Mike back in 2010, and he gave me strong yet perfectly civil arguments for his preference of the original version of the show, and I'd be lying if I said those didn't contribute at least in some way to my own gradual conversion to that version as well.
jjgp1112 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:25 pmIn all fairness, penguintruth has since matured a lot and he and Sean patched things up on Twitter after Resurrection F came out
Wait, what? I hate seeing this word tossed around, but that sounds wholesome as hell.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sun May 21, 2023 10:35 am

*Looks to the left field* Is that where this came from?

I always felt like this place was a cut above the rest when it came to discussing Dragon Ball. Not because of name filters or a skew toward the Japanese version--which is totally the site owner's prerogative--but because there was a zero tolerance policy on the trolling that happened so much in other forums. To be honest, I have been seeing so much stuff on here lately that I can't stand in other places ("asspull" language and open bashing of others, etc.) that if anything, it seems like the moderating has loosened up.

ATA
Beyond Newbie

Post by ATA » Sun May 21, 2023 1:36 pm

The fact this thread is still active got me crine stu. Geekin over a Dragon Ball forum is turkey behavior 😂

Why not DM VegettoEX about this or at the very least post this outside of "General Franchise discussion". We all love Dragon Ball so let's talk about that. All of this over TFS thread being closed? Just make a new one.

I don't know who you are or how old you is but I used to be like you a decade or so ago. I cringe now looking back how I used to act on the internet. I'm sure in the future you will cringe at this too if you remember. And this isn't me defending VegettoEX as he a grown ass man. I'm just saying let's stick to talking about Dragon Ball rather than internet authority figures.
May Your Heart Be Your Guiding Key

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun May 21, 2023 4:44 pm

Yuji wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:46 am I love penguintruth and hope he gets unbanned.
I don't think he cares about the site anymore. I doubt he will join if he didn't come back.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/