Mr. Satan VS previous World Tournaments.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GTx10
Regular

Mr. Satan VS previous World Tournaments.

Post by GTx10 » Mon May 22, 2023 5:59 pm

DBZ Kakarot confirms that Mr. Satan won the 24th Martial Arts Tournament. So that had me thinking, if Mr. Satan was taken to the past could he go toe to toe with former tournament fighters? Excluding Kid Goku, Kurirrin, Tien, and etc could Mr. Satan defeat Nam or perhaps Man-Wolf? Off the top of my head I'd say good ol' Mark could best Bacterian (after comedy bit of course) and Ranfan. (Again comedy bouts)
But could he handle Giran and his Merry-go-round gum? Pamput would lose to Mark. What about Cyborg Tao? Honestly it is hard to believe that the people of Earth forgot how much better fighters used to be when compared to Mr. Satan.
So what do you folks think about such things? I could go through each fight but I'd rather not bore you with the details right now haha.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Re: Mr. Satan VS previous World Tournaments.

Post by Yuji » Mon May 22, 2023 6:25 pm

I think he'd have a hard time against most fighters. I can see him beating Ranfan, Bacterian and Manwolf but that's about it. Namu and Giran gave Goku a hard time who at this point was already well into "superhuman." Mr. Satan can break a dozen karate tiles, and has a few other impressive feats in the anime like pulling buses and moving faster than the eye can see, but those are all things Goku and Kuririn were already doing in the middle of Roshi's training.

The 22nd Budokai ramps things up completely. Panputt looks like a pushover but Roshi was hyping him up as a challenge even after seeing Goku fight Baba's goons. He would have definitely been as impressive as Namu if not more-so. The 23rd tournament isn't worth mentioning, Tao would make him mince meat in his original appearance, let alone as a cyborg - Toriyama even informed us in an interview Mr. Satan fears Tao.

I think he would reach the knockout rounds but even in the preliminaries there are opponents he'd have no shot against like King Chappa and Yajirobe.

I don't see Mr. Satan beating Goku at the very start of the series seeing as how Goku can already jump multiple meters into the air and tank bullets, so any character that scales to him or above would defeat Mr. Satan as well. It's strange to think he won the tournament when these fighters exist, so he likely got very lucky and blessed that year. Most likely all the skilled fighters saw the madness between Goku and Piccolo the previous tournament and humbly realized they stood no chance should they participate again.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Mon May 22, 2023 9:57 pm

I'd agree with ya, maybe that is the best head canon as why many skilled fighters weren't around during the Cell games. I get Mr. Satan winning would make him strongest under the heavens and rightfully so, but it is fun to wonder how he would of faired against some of DB's og fighters. Heck the comedy value alone for some of the fights would be pure gold.
Ranfan would of totally tempted him and honestly it would be a nice way for Mr. Satan to mention his wife.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Tue May 23, 2023 3:04 am

I asked the same question here some time ago, in case you want to see a few more opinions.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue May 23, 2023 6:46 am

Remember the Tournament announcer referred to the tournament without the Dragon Team as "a bunch of also-rans" so it was trash tier. I like the headcanon that the semi serious guys from before were scared off by Piccolo and the Zgang or perhaps they also didn't like how commercial it became.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.