How can we get to see Pan and Bra (As written by Toriyama) grow up without aging the cast too much?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

How can we get to see Pan and Bra (As written by Toriyama) grow up without aging the cast too much?

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat May 27, 2023 9:18 pm

I think we all want to see Pan and Bra be older than they are right now for more possibilities opening up for them but Toriyama and Toei will never allow the rest of the cast to grow old so there MUST be something that would allow us to see them grown up as Toriyama intended for better or worse without aging the cast. Time Travel?

EDIT: Added an aditional part to the title to stop the confusion here.
Last edited by Cure Dragon 255 on Sun May 28, 2023 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How can we get to see Pan and Bra grow up without aging the cast too much?

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat May 27, 2023 9:29 pm

If only there was a series that showed an older Pan and Bra.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tndKYpPz2RU&feature=share7

But such a thing only exist in our dreams :|

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat May 27, 2023 9:33 pm

The part as Toriyama intended was there for a reason you know? I didnt even say "GT SUX" or "GT ISNT CANON". Also I want to ban any sort of creepy Creamy Mami bullshit where they get older with magic lol.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 28, 2023 12:28 am

Use the Dragon Balls to de-age the cast for funsies. Have Blooma invent a de-aging medice. Have Pan, Bra and their families get stuck in a time warp where time passes faster for them. There are any number of ways to make it happen.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun May 28, 2023 12:34 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:33 pm The part as Toriyama intended was there for a reason you know?
He at least designed Pan for GT.

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/animation-pr ... ributions/

So, I dunno, kinda feels like that is what Toriyama intended?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun May 28, 2023 12:40 am

I know I know he designed her there but please stop playing dumb and fooling around like this.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How can we get to see Pan and Bra (As written by Toriyama) grow up without aging the cast too much?

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun May 28, 2023 3:21 am

This is one of those questions that makes me say, "Perhaps it's time to move on."
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: How can we get to see Pan and Bra (As written by Toriyama) grow up without aging the cast too much?

Post by Shaddy » Sun May 28, 2023 5:46 am

Move on from what? I don't think it's so unreasonable to want to see the younger cast in more active or complicated roles without having to acknowledge the versions that suck.

Brodes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brodes » Mon May 29, 2023 2:43 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:40 am I know I know he designed her there but please stop playing dumb and fooling around like this.
What do you mean by "playing dumb and fooling around"? You don't get to see Pan and Bra grown up without aging the rest of the cast, because Toriyama didn't intend for it. The closest you get is the GT design. And if you start doing timey-wimey stuff it's not going to be "as intended by" or written by Toriyama.

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Mon May 29, 2023 3:16 am

Lock them in the room of spirit and time for a week. Done.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon May 29, 2023 3:52 am

You can see their Xeno versions in Heroes.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon May 29, 2023 7:05 am

Brodes wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:43 am
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:40 am I know I know he designed her there but please stop playing dumb and fooling around like this.
What do you mean by "playing dumb and fooling around"? You don't get to see Pan and Bra grown up without aging the rest of the cast, because Toriyama didn't intend for it. The closest you get is the GT design. And if you start doing timey-wimey stuff it's not going to be "as intended by" or written by Toriyama.

Thtat's very true. I wish there was a way though.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon May 29, 2023 8:53 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:18 pm I think we all want to see Pan and Bra be older than they are right now...

Not really, no.

Truthfully, they're not intended to be teenagers at the same time. It's kind of like posing the question: "How can we see Namek arc Gohan and 22nd Tenka'ichi Budokai Goku at the same time?" The story just wasn't designed for that.

But if you'd like, Goten and Trunks could just stay how that are now (like how Kuririn "stayed how he was" for a while) while Pan and Bra grow up?

GokuHater
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GokuHater » Mon May 29, 2023 10:55 am

Just let them age ;)
Seriously, that's all there is to it.

People age in real life. Let characters age too.

I mean DB while not as realistic, always shown characters changing. It was even expected at some point; people change. And while Toryiama never was good with aging characters (Rosji just stays the same no matter what, Tien is swept under the rug and so on), the time it would take for Pan and Bra to be teens, wouldn't necessarily mean the current cast would be to old.
And trying to maintain the status quo for too long is a very bad idea, Trunks and Goten from Super come to mind. I mean it's good from bussines strategy perspective but I guess we as the fans want more ;)

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:27 pm

Just have some offhand comments about how all their training helps them stay fit and young-looking despite aging a lot chronologically.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:04 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:29 pm If only there was a series that showed an older Pan and Bra.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tndKYpPz2RU&feature=share7

But such a thing only exist in our dreams :|
That was no dream, that was Dragon Ball's Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombing.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:49 am

Even if you aged them up 10 years from the current point in Super, most of the cast’ll be around the same ages they were in GT so everyone should still be fully capable of fighting save for poor old Krillin but that can always be adjusted.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:58 pm

Should Bulma redo that stunt where she got the Dragon Balls to wish to be younger?

Of course, my belief is Toriyama was fighting a losing battle in trying to keep his characters the same despite the advancement in years and the new adventures. I know the Saiyans are long-lived, but I don't see the human cast not staying the same.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:50 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:34 amHe at least designed Pan for GT.

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/animation-pr ... ributions/

So, I dunno, kinda feels like that is what Toriyama intended?
I assumed that's how Toriyama envisioned the cast would look like post-EoZ (aside from Goku being a kid). Recently he said he gave Vegeta a mustache in the ending so he either got mixed up with his GT design for Vegeta or imagines Vegeta looking like that after Goku leaves with Uub.