Would Goku work in old CN bumper crossovers?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Would Goku work in old CN bumper crossovers?

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:32 am

Was watching the recent Nostalgia Critic video on Cartoon Network bumpers and while know licensing and other factors wouldn't have i, was thinking would Goku have worked in the old Cartoon Network bumpers when many characters would interact with each other? Anime-wise, they did have Speed Racer carpooling with Scooby Doo and get into a fender bender with Judy Jetson. So could've been funny even though out of place.

Wrigglything
Beyond Newbie

Re: Would Goku work in old CN bumper crossovers?

Post by Wrigglything » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:37 am

I wouldn't see why not, license notwithstanding. If I'm not mistaken Kids WB worked out a similar deal with their anime licenses, so perhaps if CN bothered with it, it could work out too?

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Would Goku work in old CN bumper crossovers?

Post by wjbraden » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:35 pm

Though not quite the same thing, CN actually did do their own bump with Goku, as drawn by the late, great C. Martin Croker (the voice of Zorak and Moltar from Space Ghost Coast to Coast).
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.