SSJ3 Gotenks and SSJ3 Goku

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Raki
I Live Here

SSJ3 Gotenks and SSJ3 Goku

Post by Raki » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:20 pm

Between both Gotenks and Goku (both SSJ3), who has the power advantage? Overall, who is stronger?
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:24 pm

Gotenks at SSJ3 is stronger. Goku is probably around SSJ1 Gotenks in strength.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:24 pm

Gotenks. SSj3 Gotenks was able to overcome and overpower Super Buu, whom Goku was convinced could kill him.

Part of it may be due to Gotenks' being able to use SSj3 more easily and efficiently than Goku could. It isn't nearly as draining or stressful on his body, it just cuts down on his Fusion time. In the series, we never did get to see Goku use SSj3 at its full power, Fusion Reborn being the only instance we ever did, as far as I can tell. But even without revving all the way up, we know he can 1) Own Fat Buu, 2) Go at it evenly with Kid Buu, 3) Lose to Super Buu.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:06 pm

I just had a serious case of Deja Vu. :shock: I had to actually check the post dates in this thread....

Anyway, yeah, it's SSJ3 Gotenks who's stronger. SSJ3 Goku might be as strong as SSJ1 Gotenks, though probably a little weaker, IMO.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Xyex wrote:SSJ3 Goku might be as strong as SSJ1 Gotenks, though probably a little weaker, IMO.
Eh, I dunno, I'd give Goku a little more than that.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:16 pm

Gotenks has the power. and as onother topic brings out, it doesn't take much different in power to outclass your opponent. But could it be plausible that Goku could still take out Gotenks (irregardless of time restaints) because of Goku's experience and tactics? I mean, we know how they both fight.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:31 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Xyex wrote:SSJ3 Goku might be as strong as SSJ1 Gotenks, though probably a little weaker, IMO.
Eh, I dunno, I'd give Goku a little more than that.
Well, Goku tells Fat Buu that in 2 days there will be a fighter more powerful than himself. And since he knew both Goten and Trunks could go SSJ1, then he ranked Gotenks SSJ1 power higher than his own SSJ3 power. Not to mention that the time Gotenks spends in the "Room of Spirit and Time" probably gave him an increased advantage over Goku in his SSJ1 form.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:34 pm

The thing is though, Goku was holding back throughout the entire saga, up until Vegeta told him to let loose on Kid Buu. I mean Goku was heard saying that he couldn't defeat Fat Buu, but then at the end of the saga, it was clear that he could. He even said he could have.

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:45 pm

Maybe. But doesn't Fat Buu have the same power within him as Super Buu? The only difference being that Super Buu is more aggressive, therefore appearing more powerful.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:49 pm

Kid Trunks wrote:Maybe. But doesn't Fat Buu have the same power within him as Super Buu? The only difference being that Super Buu is more aggressive, therefore appearing more powerful.
Goku was scared to fight Super Buu without fusing with Vegeta. He tore Fat Buu apart.
Well, Goku tells Fat Buu that in 2 days there will be a fighter more powerful than himself.
Goku was bluffing. Goten and Trunks hadn't even done the dance successfully yet.

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:51 pm

It is my feeling that fat buu isn't all that strong. I mean, he is extremely durable, and can regenerate, but he isn't a great fighter. Majin Vegeta would have killed him if he couldn't regenerate, even before the final explosion.

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:08 pm

Rocketman wrote:Goku was scared to fight Super Buu without fusing with Vegeta. He tore Fat Buu apart.
But he didn't really damage Fat Buu. And since Fat Buu and Super Buu are both the same combinations (both are Fat Buu + Evil) then shouldn't their power be equal? Otherwise, where did all the additional power come from when they became Super Buu?
Rocketman wrote:Goku was bluffing. Goten and Trunks hadn't even done the dance successfully yet.
I don't think Goku was bluffing. I don't think Toriyama put that thought into the equation. When Goku says that Gotenks is more powerful than him it seems to me that Toriyama is trying to establish for the reader that SSJ1 Gotenks actually is more powerful than SSJ3 Goku.
Last edited by Kid Trunks on Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Super 17
Regular

Post by Super 17 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:20 pm

I think Goku SSJ3 is stronger. Don't you remember him saying he didn't defeat Majin Buu because he wanted someone else to save the world instead of him. He also did put up a fight with Kid Buu. I don't know, but i'll be the first one here to go with Goku.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:31 pm

Kid Trunks wrote:But he didn't really damage Fat Buu.
He wasn't trying to, because he's a dumbass.
And since Fat Buu and Super Buu are both the same combinations (both are Fat Buu + Evil) then shouldn't their power be equal? Otherwise, where did all the additional power come from when they became Super Buu?
The same place all the power came from when Kami and Piccolo refused.
I think Goku SSJ3 is stronger. Don't you remember him saying he didn't defeat Majin Buu because he wanted someone else to save the world instead of him. He also did put up a fight with Kid Buu. I don't know, but i'll be the first one here to go with Goku.
Kid Buu is weaker than Super Buu, and Fat Buu (who Goku was referring to in that line) is weaker than both.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:32 pm

I think that this is what happened.

Akira Toriyama wanted the series to go one way, but the fans wanted it totally different. He wanted Gotenks or Gohan to finish Buu off, but the fans wanted it to be Goku. So it all unfolded as if Goku wasn't the most powerful one and it looked like someone else would defeat Buu. But then, knowing that people would dread that, he swerved and made Goku basically say, "Haha just kidding!" and make it seem like Goku was just bluffing throughout the whole saga.

Super 17
Regular

Post by Super 17 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:42 pm

Rocketman wrote:Kid Buu is weaker than Super Buu, and Fat Buu (who Goku was referring to in that line) is weaker than both.
Kid Buu is definetely not weaker than both of them. Kid Buu is the strongest out of all.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:43 pm

Super 17 wrote:Kid Buu is definetely not weaker than both of them. Kid Buu is the strongest out of all.
Goku was scared to fight Super Buu without fusing with Vegeta.

Goku crushes the Potara himself when given the chance to fight Kid Buu.

Super Buu is stronger.

Super 17
Regular

Post by Super 17 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:48 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Super 17 wrote:Kid Buu is definetely not weaker than both of them. Kid Buu is the strongest out of all.
Goku was scared to fight Super Buu without fusing with Vegeta.

Goku crushes the Potara himself when given the chance to fight Kid Buu.

Super Buu is stronger.
Nope still wrong. He crushed the potara because he saw that buu was in his original form ( which is the strongest of all).
Last edited by Super 17 on Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:48 pm

When Super Buu absorbed Gotenks, and later Gohan, there is no doubt that it was the most powerful form of Buu. Kid Buu was weaker, but was not the weakest. Super 17, you seem to think that Rocketman said that Kid Buu was weaker than both, but he didn't. He said Fat Buu was the weakest. I agree with that.

Super 17
Regular

Post by Super 17 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:51 pm

Kid Buu is the strongest. East Kaioshin even said it himself. He is stronger than both of them.
Last edited by Super 17 on Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.