Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Peril
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Peril » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:37 am

Personally I enjoyed the Majin madness. that kind of chaos is very fun. But there is a reason I make myself forget DBM exists.Glacial updates. I don't know What you mean about "no hope". They were fighting back that is hope enough.

I will agree about Bra. They forgive like it's nothing but at the same time why not? Thats just some Vegeta priviledge in effect. I've always been a "Vegeta
sucks" person. And Bra also sucks but she is a kid so I kinda feel bad. Also I don't think she willingly accepted Babidi's power did she? If she did then nevermind.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:46 am

If Vegeta cut Gohan in half, I think people would have been a little less quick to forgive him. Plus, Vegeta redeemed himself by sacrificing himself to try to stop Buu, while Bra...

[Checks notes]

...Is called "passive" by another version of herself, and now she's all better. She didn't fight it when she was slaughtering her loved ones. Just when someone accused her of being "passive," whatever the HFIL that's supposed to mean.

Peril
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Peril » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:37 pm

Fair point. But Vegeta has killed countless millions. I know they are faceless nobodies but I refuse to give Vegeta a pass just because his victim pool is npcs. Evil is still evil. He's done nothing to redeem himself. He failed when it came to blowing himself up, and I always took it that he did that simply because he still couldn't have his way.

I'm not saying Bra deserves mercy, I'm just saying this series has always been immensely flippant about how it treats bad guys.

mc49399

Post by mc49399 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:39 pm

Vegeta himself admitted he's going to hell in one of the Super arcs, but he's clearly not evil any more and hasn't been for a long time. That doesn't erase his past sins, it just means he's not accumulating more of them. In fact he's actively trying to atone for this, i.e. bringing them back to life at the end of Z and the recent Super arcs. But it was a long process to go from evil guy, to anti-hero, to grumpy good guy.

The difference with Bra is it was so abrupt from slaughter to forgiveness. I guess we're meant to believe it was Babidi's control all along, and being called passive by her alt self broke that which....ok? Noone except Pan and Vegetto are angry with her? Fun ride I guess, but it feels like sloppy writing and there isn't much of a payoff at the end, at least so far.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:04 pm

Peril wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:37 pm Fair point. But Vegeta has killed countless millions. I know they are faceless nobodies but I refuse to give Vegeta a pass just because his victim pool is npcs. Evil is still evil. He's done nothing to redeem himself. He failed when it came to blowing himself up, and I always took it that he did that simply because he still couldn't have his way.

I'm not saying Bra deserves mercy, I'm just saying this series has always been immensely flippant about how it treats bad guys.
The characters didn't immediately forgive Vegeta. On Namek, he was a "the enemy of my enemy" sort of ally, but they knew he was still evil. After that, he was just someone they considered useful (especially when Goku wasn't around), but not trustworthy. He was still rightfully seen as a loose canon who could turn at them at any moment, pretty much right up until the end of the Cell saga, when people assumed he'd calmed down due to having a son to look after. After that, I think the others figured he wasn't evil anymore because he hadn't done anything evil in years. Sure, Gohan would have kicked his ass if he had to, but he never stepped out of line.

By the Buu arc, Vegeta was a changed man. He used Babidi to undo the conscience he had developed, so he could return to his dark potential. But even then, Goku managed to get through to him. He realized this Buu creature was way stronger than he had anticipated, and they might not be able to clean up the mess he made. His sacrifice was an attempt to right things, and he did it knowing that Hell was waiting for him on the other side. He failed, but he couldn't have known Buu could possibly recover.

Now, he's a legitimate good guy who is trying to atone for his sins and do right by his family. By contrast, Bra was forgiven in five minutes. It was too sudden, and didn't feel earned. Say what you want about Majin Vegeta, but he never murdered his own family.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:14 pm

Goku and Bluma decided Vegeta was cool so he was cool lol.

Bra is a child with wasted potential.

Peril
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Peril » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:40 am

Now, he's a legitimate good guy who is trying to atone for his sins and do right by his family. By contrast, Bra was forgiven in five minutes. It was too sudden, and didn't feel earned. Say what you want about Majin Vegeta, but he never murdered his own family.
Bulma was mere feet away from getting blasted to shit in the stands. Maybe Vegeta missed her on purpose, but when it comes to exploding metal and cement, its still a miracle she didn't get killed by flying debris.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:56 am

Peril wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:40 am
Bulma was mere feet away from getting blasted to shit in the stands. Maybe Vegeta missed her on purpose, but when it comes to exploding metal and cement, its still a miracle she didn't get killed by flying debris.
It's a lot easier to kill someone if you don't have to look them in the face. ...I assume. Not speaking from experience, of course, but I'm pretty sure that's why heads are sometimes obscured before a person is executed. Majin Vegeta gave himself to Babidi specifically so he wouldn't care about his family anymore. So maybe he really didn't care in the moment if Bulma or Trunks were killed in the blast. (Convenient he only managed to hit total strangers, though.) It would be an entirely different thing, though, if say his son flew down to try to reason with him, and Vegeta responded by cutting him in half. That would be more a more personal, targeted attack, which Majin Vegeta definitely wouldn't have had the heart to do, because his plan didn't work. Even under Babidi's influence, he still hadn't reverted as much as he'd hoped.

Peril
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Peril » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:25 am

Eeeeeeehhh.... I feel like at this point it is splitting hairs. I don't give a darn if Vegeta didn't kill Bulma and Trunks. He killed a ton of people. Death is death and murder is murder. Vegeta and Bra aren't that different. Evil idiots mad with power. Do the minute differences in how other people react change anything that much?

I mean seriously who is even or was ever mad at Vegeta for what he did? Nobody? Maybe Yamcha and Tien who don't matter. And I guess now Granolah but that doesn't even matter because in the here and now Vegeta is allowed to live a good fullfilling life without consequence.

Also I have to take into account that this tournament probably came with a "you might die" clause attached. Everyone witnessed characters getting killed during the tournament. It was a risk everyone took for this once in a life time spectacle and opportunity.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:50 pm

Peril wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:25 am Eeeeeeehhh.... I feel like at this point it is splitting hairs. I don't give a darn if Vegeta didn't kill Bulma and Trunks. He killed a ton of people. Death is death and murder is murder. Vegeta and Bra aren't that different. Evil idiots mad with power. Do the minute differences in how other people react change anything that much?

I mean seriously who is even or was ever mad at Vegeta for what he did? Nobody? Maybe Yamcha and Tien who don't matter. And I guess now Granolah but that doesn't even matter because in the here and now Vegeta is allowed to live a good fullfilling life without consequence.

Also I have to take into account that this tournament probably came with a "you might die" clause attached. Everyone witnessed characters getting killed during the tournament. It was a risk everyone took for this once in a life time spectacle and opportunity.
Eh, is dying, twice, and believing he wasn't coming back both times, really "without consequence"?

Peril
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Peril » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:09 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:50 pm
Peril wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:25 am Eeeeeeehhh.... I feel like at this point it is splitting hairs. I don't give a darn if Vegeta didn't kill Bulma and Trunks. He killed a ton of people. Death is death and murder is murder. Vegeta and Bra aren't that different. Evil idiots mad with power. Do the minute differences in how other people react change anything that much?

Eh, is dying, twice, and believing he wasn't coming back both times, really "without consequence"?
Pretty much. Death already means little in this series. Hell and heaven are just different plains of existance, Vegeta just stood around in a rocky red wasteland for a little while before coming back. Going to jail for a few months, and walking right back out isnt a real consequence considering at best Vegeta deserves execution. Or in this case having his soul cleaned/obliterated.

But I guess it might be possible he can make up for all of his wrong doings before he dies of natural causes, and so can Bra. So ironically it is better they stay alive. Because behind Goku and Gohan, everyone else is useless.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:10 pm

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:59 am

Peril wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:09 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:50 pm

Pretty much. Death already means little in this series. Hell and heaven are just different plains of existance, Vegeta just stood around in a rocky red wasteland for a little while before coming back. Going to jail for a few months, and walking right back out isnt a real consequence considering at best Vegeta deserves execution. Or in this case having his soul cleaned/obliterated.

But I guess it might be possible he can make up for all of his wrong doings before he dies of natural causes, and so can Bra. So ironically it is better they stay alive. Because behind Goku and Gohan, everyone else is useless.
Well, it was the guy who put him in Hell in the first place who decided to send him back. If the guy in charge of Hell says, "Give him another chance," who can argue? lol

And I wouldn't say the others are useless. Pre-resurrection Frieza is still considered to be extremely powerful compared to the norm of mortal life. They just happen to meet a lot of freaks who are exceptionally powerful. The androids, the primordial Buu, the literal god Beerus... The Earthlings are still able to handle typical bad guys, like Frieza's henchmen or the prisoners Moro broke out of Galactic Prison.

Peril
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Peril » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:14 am

Oh yeah I'm totally jazzed about my favorite characters being relegated to fighting mooks, and even then still needing to be saved by Goku. But whatever, we are off topic. I need to actually catch up on the comic. I don't think I've even seen the last 20 or so pages. I meant it when I said I make myself forget this thing exists.

The humans in the exo-suits. Were those Tsufruians?

Some people are probably mad that this stretch of pages seems to just recap the start, but I'm okay with seeing things from Mirai's perspective.
Last edited by Peril on Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:46 am

FoolsGil wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:10 pmImage
They definitely need to proofread what they write.

I understan
d.

How did that even happen? Even the much longer captions in the following panels are properly formatted.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:25 am

Jackalope89 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:10 am Future Trunks is one of my favorite characters, in fiction in general. Its a freakin' miracle when I come across his fanfics, period. But after a literal decade (since I came across DBM), worse fillers than Garlic Jr., and a worse attention span than Super Goku, its hard to be excited at this. Especially since we know he decides to leave at the end of the last match.
Only U3 (Bardock's universe) left at the end of the last match. Trunks and #16 are still here probably to hang out with their friends until the end of the tournament.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:50 pm

Skar wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:25 am
Jackalope89 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:10 am Future Trunks is one of my favorite characters, in fiction in general. Its a freakin' miracle when I come across his fanfics, period. But after a literal decade (since I came across DBM), worse fillers than Garlic Jr., and a worse attention span than Super Goku, its hard to be excited at this. Especially since we know he decides to leave at the end of the last match.
Only U3 (Bardock's universe) left at the end of the last match. Trunks and #16 are still here probably to hang out with their friends until the end of the tournament.
Bojack universe left as well, so did Babidi universe (althrough in this case, they were made to leave :) )

And yes, so far, it's one of worst specials, completely pointless, not even filler, but recap.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:24 pm

they need to stop with these cameos lol

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:24 pm

16 is pulling a Jiren?

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:39 am

coola wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:50 pmBojack universe left as well, so did Babidi universe (althrough in this case, they were made to leave :) )
True but the comment was about who left after the last match so it was only U3. U1, 5, 7-9, 12-19 are still here.