Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Salagir2

Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Salagir2 » Mon May 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Maybe I should have posted in "Fan Works Explosion" but I honestly thought this deserved a topic. If it didn't, I'm sorry.

I launched yestesday a new project, it's yet another sequel of DBZ . The art is good and the scenario (my doing) is also good I hope ;)
There will be a new page each week.

Url : http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/

Exemple of art :

DBGT is out of the way. The purpose of this fanmanga is to draw all fan dreamed fights, with a coherant scenario.
You will see Nail VS Recoom (a big miss in the Namek saga IMHO), Coola VS Trunks, Cell VS Dabra (?) and many others....
And Uub will get the attention he truly deserves.

If the story goes well, the tournament will finish and a big adventure will follow.

Hope you will like it !
Stupid things on DBZ - Dragon Ball Multiverse Webcomic
-what happened in dbz today?
-they fought some guy

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Mon May 19, 2008 2:24 pm

Wow the art is pretty amazing, and that Super Saiyan 'King' Vegeta is totally badass.

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Mon May 19, 2008 2:46 pm

What the hell? :p At first I thought, wow, this is gonna be another random bad fanmanga thing, but it looks damned good :o

I like stuff when you look at it and think... "wait, what?!! what the hell? how did THIS happen?". I like moments like that within franchises, and you did a hell of a good job :p Vegeta being in Prince clothes was cool :p also the revelation of Vegito was good especially after seeing both Goku and Vegeta :p But it's really the art that makes it so good :o Very very good job on both the artist and the scenario guy :p

shotkeeper
Regular

Post by shotkeeper » Mon May 19, 2008 2:51 pm

Wow very nice. Looking good.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon May 19, 2008 4:08 pm

Just flipping through the site, it's not exactly the best thing grammar-wise, but just looking at the manga, I'm interested enough to keep up with it.

The series so far reminds me of those "filler" episodes that American action series (Teen Titans and Ben 10 come to mind) would have made just to please the fans. The art's really nice and while the idea of giving into fan battles is kinda lame, as long as the series can give an excuse to it then I can let it slide. If anything, it'll provide some good battles with characters that were long dropped by the end of DBZ.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with everyone else (SSJ Vegeta with a cape?! Nice) :D.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon May 19, 2008 4:23 pm

Very nice art, and a wonderful concept. But...

Why is Vegetto seemingly having trouble against Broly, rather than laughing up a storm and comparing his punches to mosquito bites? :?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Mon May 19, 2008 4:49 pm

The art is good but as others have said you may as well call it
"Dragonball:Fanservice!" Still not bad, I really do love the artwork.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon May 19, 2008 4:52 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:Why is Vegetto seemingly having trouble against Broly, rather than laughing up a storm and comparing his punches to mosquito bites? :?
That's probably gonna be a problem with a couple fans reading. People will interpret power levels and whatnot in relation to other character differently from others, thinking that "such-an'-such" should be able to beat "such-an'-such." I'll just keep in mind to not keep that stuff in mind while reading.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon May 19, 2008 5:47 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:That's probably gonna be a problem with a couple fans reading. People will interpret power levels and whatnot in relation to other character differently from others, thinking that "such-an'-such" should be able to beat "such-an'-such."
There certainly are things that are arguable, but Broly vs Vegetto is NOT one of them.

Broly kicks ass, sure. But Vegetto does so on a much higher level. He doesn't actually NEED to kick any asses, because he could just LOOK at someone and their ass would instantaneously explode from being exposed to Vegetto's insane, unheard-of high levels of power and raw l33t. Vegetto laughed at and didn't even feel attacks from Super Gohan Buu, who was a combination of several characters each of whom could easily kill Broly at his strongest by sneezing on him. Vegetto could make Broly soil his pants-robe-thing and punch himself in the head until he turned his own brains to soup just by glaring at him.

If Broly is one of those cool, old-school metal Tonka Trucks, then by comparison Vegetto is the NASA Crawler-Transporter. If Broly is the Geico Gecko, then Vegetto is Godzilla. If Broly is a Tie Defender, then Vegetto is the Death Star (the second one if it were finished). If Broly is Superman, then Vegetto is Goku. If Broly is a Bidoof, then Vegetto is Arceus. If Broly is a Persian Messenger, then Vegetto is the bottomless pit of death. If Broly is a small, rural, 14th-century European village, then Vegetto is the Black Plague. If Broly is Aunt May, then Vegetto is The Living Tribunal. If Broly is a Class-F shuttle craft, then Vegetto is a Borg Tactical Fusion Cube.

...Am I getting the point across? 8)
Last edited by Kaboom on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deviantART
[thread]

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Mon May 19, 2008 6:26 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
DaemonCorps wrote:That's probably gonna be a problem with a couple fans reading. People will interpret power levels and whatnot in relation to other character differently from others, thinking that "such-an'-such" should be able to beat "such-an'-such."
There certainly are things that are arguable, but Broly vs Vegetto is NOT one of them.

Broly kicks ass, sure. But Vegetto does so on a much higher level. He doesn't actually NEED to kick any asses, because he could just LOOK at someone and their ass would instantaneously explode from being exposed to Vegetto's insane, unheard-of high levels of power and raw l33t. Vegetto laughed at and didn't even feel attacks from Super Gohan Buu, who was a combination of several characters each of whom could easily kill Broly at his strongest by sneezing on him. Vegetto could make Broly soil his pants-robe-thing and punch himself in the head until he turned his own brains to soup just by glaring at him.

If Broly is one of those cool, old-school metal Tonka Trucks, then by comparison Vegetto is the NASA Crawler-Transporter. If Broly is the Geico Gecko, then Vegetto is Godzilla. If Broly is a Tie Defender, then Vegetto is the Death Star (the second one if it were finished). If Broly is Superman, then Vegetto is Goku. If Broly is a Ratatta, then Vegetto is Arceus. If Broly is a Persian Messenger, then Vegetto is the bottomless pit of death. If Broly is a small, rural, 14th-century European village, then Vegetto is the Black Plague. If Broly is Aunt May, then Vegetto is The Living Tribunal. If Broly is a Class-F shuttle craft, then Vegetto is a Borg Tactical Fusion Cube.

...Am I getting the point across? 8)
So in short Brolly is stronger right?
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Salagir2

Post by Salagir2 » Mon May 19, 2008 6:29 pm

I'm happy you like it ! This forum is the biggest and best english reference I know, it was a big step to submit the comic here :)
bad grammar
Yes, i'm sorry about it. By the way, if you want to lose a little time, I accept all correction you may want to submit to me.
Don't flood the forum, sent me a PM or mail me. I may... I will be slow to answer, but I'll always correct it (most of the time, because even if I didn't think it was possible, they are people who already sent me correction that in fact are worse)
Dragonball:Fanservice!
yeah, that is... TOTALLY the idea :)
vegetto vs broly
No need to troll, I totally agree. Broly is inferior to perfect Cell and to Gohan ssj2. That's quite obvious.
But I decided to take the "broly's power is constantly growing" option (which is certainly a fan invention) and make him stronger every minute, and thus, at vegetto's level.
Why that ? Because Broly is cool :) After all he is the opponent of SSJ4 Gogeta in Budokai 3 introduction (I think?)
Who else could I have used ? Gogeta? No, that's going too far ;) Buu? This fight is already known. Dark Shenron ? I hate this guy. Baby? Ok, I hate all DBGT.
So... Broly it is.
Stupid things on DBZ - Dragon Ball Multiverse Webcomic
-what happened in dbz today?
-they fought some guy

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Mon May 19, 2008 6:41 pm

Salagir2 wrote:Why that ? Because Broly is cool :) After all he is the opponent of SSJ4 Gogeta in Budokai 3 introduction (I think?)
Actually, it was regular Gogeta (well, SSJ), but I get what you're going at. It looks really good.

Snail

Post by Snail » Mon May 19, 2008 6:44 pm

Amazing frickin' artwork there man.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon May 19, 2008 8:17 pm

Salagir2 wrote:No need to troll, I totally agree. Broly is inferior to perfect Cell and to Gohan ssj2. That's quite obvious.
But I decided to take the "broly's power is constantly growing" option (which is certainly a fan invention) and make him stronger every minute, and thus, at vegetto's level.
Why that ? Because Broly is cool :) After all he is the opponent of SSJ4 Gogeta in Budokai 3 introduction (I think?)
Who else could I have used ? Gogeta? No, that's going too far ;) Buu? This fight is already known. Dark Shenron ? I hate this guy. Baby? Ok, I hate all DBGT.
So... Broly it is.
Not intended as trolling, just trying to get the point across about an all-too-common misconception, while obviously grasping for some lulz in the meantime. The whole idea of Broly ending up Super Strong and able to tango with Fusions or SSj3s is just stoopid.

He lost to Goku. Twice. Then he lost to water. :?

So even if you're doing it just for kicks, I just personally think it's a bad idea to give the crazy prepubescent Broly fanboys more material. Vegetto vs Gogeta would have been a much better fight instead.
deviantART
[thread]

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Mon May 19, 2008 8:25 pm

:lol:
Was it ever really confirmed that Goku returned in the final fight of Movie 10?

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:27 pm

Amazing work, Salagir2. Great art.

Sounds like you need someone to help you with the English grammar. I'll gladly help you out, if you want?

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Mon May 19, 2008 9:52 pm

Your art is nice, but from what I've seen already I don't think I'll like the story.

Mostly because I hate Broly.

I do however enjoy seeing King Cold and his two sons together, I personally would love to see a fan-manga giving us some back story on them.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon May 19, 2008 9:56 pm

SatoSky wrote:
:lol:
Was it ever really confirmed that Goku returned in the final fight of Movie 10?
Well it has been a long time since I've seen it, but I do distinctly remember one shot of Goten looking up and smiling at Goku when he shows up. So either Broly hit the poor kid in the noggin one too many times and he was hallucinating, or Goku really was there and helping in some form or another.
deviantART
[thread]

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Mon May 19, 2008 9:58 pm

Didn't the Dragonballs fly off afterwards?

I thought that pretty much proved Goku showed up for a little while.

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Tue May 20, 2008 12:08 pm

Also Broly actually witnessed Goku, as his 'Kakarot' was not a mindless scream but as if it were a question, like 'Is that really him'.