The ULTIMATE Kanzenshuu User Survey

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MarCas92
Regular

The ULTIMATE Kanzenshuu User Survey

Post by MarCas92 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:48 am

I made a survey a while back and I got a decent amount of responses. I decided to make it bigger and better. I hope you guys will take the time to fill it out. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. Thanks! If you have any suggestions for questions please leave them below!

http://goo.gl/forms/vT6fH75aSc
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: The ULTIMATE Kanzenshuu User Survey

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:36 am

MarCas92 wrote:I made a survey a while back and I got a decent amount of responses. I decided to make it bigger and better. I hope you guys will take the time to fill it out. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. Thanks! If you have any suggestions for questions please leave them below!

http://goo.gl/forms/vT6fH75aSc
How long is it gonna be open ? Overall I liked it. Keep up the good work :thumbup: .
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:53 am

Either until next Friday or about 200 responses. Whichever comes first.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:40 am

Done & done. These survey never seem to surprise me but I like the questions you asked near the end so it'll be somewhat interesting what answers we'll get.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:52 am

Done. Proudly voted F as the worst film, because Bio-Broly is too cliché of a choice.

Also Gohan sucks.

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:48 pm

I can't believe Bio-Broly only has 2 votes atm.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:27 pm

MarCas92 wrote:I can't believe Bio-Broly only has 2 votes atm.
Broly - Second Coming is worse. Also, great survey, man.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:38 pm

Couple problems with the Survey

1. All the movies are listed under the Japanese titles. I think i voted for Bio Broly, but i can't tell for sure because most of the Japanese titles are generic as hell.
2. The favorite theme options list does not contain any of the English themes (I'd probably pick either Rock the Dragon or the Makafushigi Adventure english cover)
3. The favorite arc question is redundant, the second time being just the first question with fewer options.
4. In that same question the Red Ribbon Arc is refered to as the "Search for the Four Star Ball" arc. Does anyone actually call it that?

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:48 pm

jcogginsa wrote:Couple problems with the Survey

1. All the movies are listed under the Japanese titles. I think i voted for Bio Broly, but i can't tell for sure because most of the Japanese titles are generic as hell.
2. The favorite theme options list does not contain any of the English themes (I'd probably pick either Rock the Dragon or the Makafushigi Adventure english cover)
3. The favorite arc question is redundant, the second time being just the first question with fewer options.
4. In that same question the Red Ribbon Arc is refered to as the "Search for the Four Star Ball" arc. Does anyone actually call it that?
1. I see where you're coming from, but they're in order. It really doesn't require much thought to figure out which is which. Also, it's a kanzenshuu survey. Kanzenshuu is a site dedicated to the Japanese version.
2. If I put the american themes I might as well put the French and all other languages. I didn't see the point. Like I said earlier too. Japanese version.
3. Not really. A lot of people enjoy arcs differently depending on the medium, myself included. In the manga I love the hunt for the 4 star ball the most, while in the anime, the Saiyajin portion is my favorite.
4. Yup. There's a post somewhere on this site where all the official ways to divide arcs are listed.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:55 pm

MarCas92 wrote:

1. I see where you're coming from, but they're in order. It really doesn't require much thought to figure out which is which. Also, it's a kanzenshuu survey. Kanzenshuu is a site dedicated to the Japanese version.
2. If I put the american themes I might as well put the French and all other languages. I didn't see the point. Like I said earlier too. Japanese version.
3. Not really. A lot of people enjoy arcs differently depending on the medium, myself included. In the manga I love the hunt for the 4 star ball the most, while in the anime, the Saiyajin portion is my favorite.
4. Yup. There's a post somewhere on this site where all the official ways to divide arcs are listed.
1. Kanzenshuu is a site dedicated to Dragonball, not specifically Japanese Dragonball. And the order doesn't help that much.
2. The point of a survey is to collect opinions. You made the themes question required. You are requiring me to LIE on your survey. If you don't want to list every single theme, then put a write in option
3. Still very redundant
4. Never saw that post, and i've never heard that arc refered to as the Hunt for the Four Star arc. For god's sake, he finds it halfway through the arc

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:03 pm

MarCas92 wrote:I can't believe Bio-Broly only has 2 votes atm.
Not anymore. :)

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:22 pm

Just count them
I'd aurge that "rock the dragon" shouldn't be on it but I agree that some songs should of have a english option

To be fair the show can make an arc (Saiyan) or break it (Freeza)
Thats the point of the arc :P
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:28 pm

jcogginsa wrote: 1. Kanzenshuu is a site dedicated to Dragonball, not specifically Japanese Dragonball. And the order doesn't help that much.
2. The point of a survey is to collect opinions. You made the themes question required. You are requiring me to LIE on your survey. If you don't want to list every single theme, then put a write in option
3. Still very redundant
4. Never saw that post, and i've never heard that arc refered to as the Hunt for the Four Star arc. For god's sake, he finds it halfway through the arc
1. From the home page "Our mission and goal continues to be to spread our love and enjoyment of the original Japanese version of the Dragon Ball franchise — the single version that can be and is enjoyed across the entire planet by all types of fans — with the most accuracy and cited documentation that we can, all wrapped up in an entertaining package". Yea, I'm not so sure this site was for ALL of Dragon Ball.

2. Not really. If your favorite theme isn't a Japanese one, just pick your favorite Japanese theme that IS listed.

3. No it's not. In fact, only 2 people in the survey so far have picked the same arc as their favorite in both Manga and Anime category.

4. Just because you never saw it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And yea, he finds it half way through. But his whole adventure begins begins because he's looking for it and it ends after he gets it back. It bookends the whole story.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:34 pm

MarCas92 wrote:
jcogginsa wrote: 1. Kanzenshuu is a site dedicated to Dragonball, not specifically Japanese Dragonball. And the order doesn't help that much.
3. Still very redundant
1. From the home page "Our mission and goal continues to be to spread our love and enjoyment of the original Japanese version of the Dragon Ball franchise — the single version that can be and is enjoyed across the entire planet by all types of fans — with the most accuracy and cited documentation that we can, all wrapped up in an entertaining package". Yea, I'm not so sure this site was for ALL of Dragon Ball.

2. Not really. If your favorite theme isn't a Japanese one, just pick your favorite Japanese theme that IS listed.

3. No it's not. In fact, only 2 people in the survey so far have picked the same arc as their favorite in both Manga and Anime category.

4. Just because you never saw it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And yea, he finds it half way through. But his whole adventure begins begins because he's looking for it and it ends after he gets it back. It bookends the whole story.
1. If this thread were just about the japanese version, then we wouldn't be allowed to post threads for the Dubs, or for fan works like Dragonball Multiverse and Dragonball Abridged, or threads about other english language material
2. The question is favorite opening. Not favorite Japanese opening. If you don't want to list every opening, then just list the japanese ones and then an Other option like you do with the composer question
4. It does not end after he gets it back! He finds it half way through the arc, he has it in his possession for a full half of the arc.

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:31 pm

Changed some things around.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:40 pm

MarCas92 wrote:Changed some things around.
Clicked the link in the OP, everything looks the same. Does that link lead to the old version?

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:45 pm

Fixed. Should go to the new one. Only minor changes.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:00 pm

MarCas92 wrote:Fixed. Should go to the new one. Only minor changes.
All of the problems are still there. If you aren't gonna let someone answer a question honestly, Don't make it a required question.

And don't give me the "This is all about the Japanese Version" or the "I don't wanna list every opening" excuses. The question RIGHT BELOW that one answers both of them

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:04 pm

Sorry you feel that way fam! :(

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:36 am

If you take the survey please feel free to make any suggestions/comments on this thread!