Your Kanzenshuu (prev. Daizenshuu EX/Kanzentai) Discovery & Introduction

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: Your Kanzenshuu (prev. "Daizenshuu EX") Introduction

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:15 pm

Something to do with the never ending Boo debate lead me to Daizenshuu and Kanzentai. Eventually I got tired of the DBOCOM community website and how some people acted,so I left that forum. I eventually checked this forum out to see if I would like it. After I read the whole Versus thread I joined in on the fun.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

MuffinButton

Post by MuffinButton » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:03 pm

I found Daizenshuu EX probably around 2004 and found it very insightful as an American fan who watched DBZ on Toonami. I forgot about the website for a while, then stumbled back to it, and repeated this process several times. I recently re-re-re-re-re-discovered "Kanzenshuu" and the wonderful podcast last month, and have been hooked.

HandOverFist

Post by HandOverFist » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:31 am

What's up everyone. I've been using this site's database for a few years now. I registered to the forum about a year ago, but I never received a confirmation e-mail. But I read about what the problem was, so I gave it another shot. Now I'm in.

I've been a Dragon Ball fan since the mid 90's when a friend of mine let me borrow a VHS tape with some Cell Games arc episodes on it (in Japanese, of course). It didn't matter that I couldn't comprehend what was going on because it was still the best cartoon/anime my eyes ever saw. Then when Cartoon Network started airing the Z series and first few movies, it was all over. I was hooked.

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:50 am

HandOverFist wrote:What's up everyone. I've been using this site's database for a few years now. I registered to the forum about a year ago, but I never received a confirmation e-mail. But I read about what the problem was, so I gave it another shot. Now I'm in.

I've been a Dragon Ball fan since the mid 90's when a friend of mine let me borrow a VHS tape with some Cell Games arc episodes on it (in Japanese, of course). It didn't matter that I couldn't comprehend what was going on because it was still the best cartoon/anime my eyes ever saw. Then when Cartoon Network started airing the Z series and first few movies, it was all over. I was hooked.
Welcome to the forum! :)
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

Super Android 17

Post by Super Android 17 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi everyone! ''Long time listener, first time caller.''

I'm a big fan of the podcast and have been using the database for a few years now, but never realized that you guys had a forum! I used to frequent r/DBZ, but that place has become so cancerous that I needed to seek refuge elsewhere.

Howdy!

Revolution
Beyond Newbie

Post by Revolution » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:53 am

I used to be member of the MFG forums and for one reason and another my time on there petered out and when I went looking for it I found a post by a former member on this site asking the same question so I got my answer and then I got to looking around the site, liked what I saw and joined! :) and I have to say I love it on here!
Frieza?! .. You fool!!!!!

Dolciano

Post by Dolciano » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:40 am

Hello everyone

Been a fan of the Dragon Ball series since it first aired in my country (South Africa), yet I never joined a DBZ forum before. Since I am quite impressed with the Kanzenshuu website, I decided to take a chance and join their forum.

DopeMan

Post by DopeMan » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:16 am

Well besicly I've been on a forum called "DBZF" before and even though its a great forum and I still go there I always felt like I didnt really fit in with the people there.

I've heard about this forum several times before (on DBZF, YouTube, Facebook, etc.) and I've also heard the people here are very nice and arent big fans of PL's so I thought I'd give this forum a try :)

jeisurii

Post by jeisurii » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:13 pm

After watching Battle of Gods got hit with nostalgia so hard was looking for any website DBZ. This is easily the best I found, and absolutely LOVE the podcast. I do remember visiting VegettoEX's Home Page when I was last REALLY into DBZ so long ago :P
j3

saiyanhajime
Not-So-Newbie

Post by saiyanhajime » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi! :D

Seem that like quite a lot of people I was massively into DBZ when we first got the internet in our household. So the two are forever linked in my mind. SaiyanHajime was my first username on AOL and I still use it pretty much everywhere today! Crazy to think how long ago that was. I feel old.

I had about a 10 year hiatus from Dragon Ball Z. Just fell out of interest with it. But every now and again I'd stumble upon a clip on YouTube and it would be a nostalgia trip... This year I've rekindled the passion a bit, started drawing DBZ characters again and went in search to see if there was still a community alive.

Turns out there is... Hello everyone!

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:07 am

Just saw this while going through the forum pages and realized I never posted.

I first heard of this site from the Goku vs. Superman fight on screw attack. I joined the forum and started really appreciating the cite when all the Battle of Gods updates kept rolling in almost daily! Then the news of Masako Nozawa coming to the US for the Animazement convention really got me hooked...so much so that I actually decided to go, first convention ever. I proceeded to listen to a ton of the podcasts on my journey to Raleigh, NC with my friends steadily increasing my fandom :mrgreen: .

By this point Kanzenshuu was a strong presence in my life one which I am eternally grateful. I then met Mike and Merri at the convention (who btw I had no idea were married when we met and after hearing so many podcasts without it being mentioned all I could think was "damn these 2 should date" lol so when I heard it in the Manga Review of Awesomeness Podcasts I was like that is just too perfect :thumbup: )

Anyways, long story short, I love this cite and the community and hope to take a more active contributory role one day given the opportunity or at the very least make financial contributions once I get out of grad school.
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

ErikB
Beyond Newbie

Post by ErikB » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:06 am

A few years back when I was in college, I had read a passing comment on some forum where someone had mentioned that the rumour of Toriyama trying to end the story with Goku defeating Frieza was unsubstantiated. It caught my interest because I had thought the rumour to be pretty much fact for several years, so not long after I did some Googling and found my way to the 'Intended Endings' guide on Kanzentai. I gradually used the site more and more after that.
And now I'm here.

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:48 pm

The funny part of me coming to this forum/website is that I had been looking for a more "serious" Dragon Ball fan website for a while. For whatever reason (didn't look hard enough, didn't bother to look hard enough) I never once stumbled upon Kanzenshuu in its current iteration or previous "forms". The join date that you see I have is about 2-3 weeks after I originally visited the main website. I read everything on there from the features to the animation style guides and more. I appreciate the main site's professionalism and devotion to all things Dragon Ball. It is quite lovely to see such a dedicated and well done presence on the world wide web for a series that I have loved my entire life and I'm glad to be a member here.

As for my own venture into the DB world I started as a young child and it has been a constant in my life ever since. I have never gone to any kind of anime conventions as it's just something I have never done or never thought about doing too much. This site has at least made me somewhat interested in attending conventions for the future and becoming more involved in little and big ways for the DB universe as well.

Also I enjoy listening to the podcast, especially when it's my turn to cook dinner for my wife and I and I need something else to keep me busy/distracted. The community here has thus far been fantastic as well and it's great to see the passion of DB shared among many kind souls.
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:25 pm

I've actually been back and forth between this site and others, but figured it was high time to join.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:30 pm

Pretty sure I knew the site a little while prior, but I think Gaffer Tape's first or second Dragon Box review pointed me to Daizex. I've been reading the news on the site and listening to the podcast since then, but never joined the forum until recently.

garnetjester
Beyond Newbie

Post by garnetjester » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:29 pm

I ran into the site looking for lyrics translations for the DBZ songs, and I stuck around for the info and the podcasts! After lurking for a while I finally decided to join the forum actively as well.
"Giving up is something we can do anytime, so let's head on, even if it's just a little bit!"

FrogTrigger
Beyond Newbie

Post by FrogTrigger » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:17 am

Gaffer Tape's Dragon Ball Dissection videos, good stuff

jrdemr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jrdemr » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:04 pm

I found the site quite late, in 2011, when searching for news relating to Dragon Ball Kai's (then) premature demise. Then I saw the site had quite a few other interesting things. First, it was the Yamamoto featurette and its related podcast, then, the podcasts reagrding Toriyama's intended endings... the more I stuck around, the more I enjoyed it. It's pretty much unrivaled in the amount of quality stuff its has compared to other fansites. Good thing it's about my favorite anime of all time!

KingKaiGuy

Post by KingKaiGuy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:26 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I'm quite curious... just how long have the bunch of you been following the site?
I've been following for a few months now, scouting everyone, seeing how the community works, what's excepted, etc.

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:51 pm

Hi everyone it seems like a good thread to introduce myself formally to the community. (By the way I am new, I read the rules carefully but if I somehow break one I will be happy to correct any errors I may have made). I just found out about this site recently searching the internet for news on battle of gods coming to America. I have been a life long fan of all things Dragon Ball and am ecstatic that there are others like me who love Dragon Ball this much. I have been viewing this forum as a guest for some time now and just thought you all mostly seem like great interesting reasonable people and so I couldn't wait to sign up and join in. This seems like a great community and I hope to participate and add whatever value i can here.
Cheers!

ps. Your podcasts are great and entertaining.
ps. ps. Just realized the last post was last week, hope it's ok that I posted this late on the thread.