"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Quebaz » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:46 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Like what?
Give me some examples of what would look good on the cover.
Really you're dumbing it down to this? It's rather condescending what you're doing.
How so? It's a legit question since everyone has different tastes. I for example, like simple covers like the ones featured in Ultimate Battle 22, the japanese covers for the Budokai series and I love Shin Budokai 2's cover to death.

I actually like Xenoverse's cover so far, the actual Goku artwork looks kinda meh, but overall it works.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:48 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:The cover could feature Goku, the Future Warrior and the Male & Female Default Custom Character to show that the game's more to than just Dragon Ball Z again.
I've already addressed how that could be a bad idea in my previous post. In addition to that, most of their default designs (like the Future Warrior "Bandai") aren't exactly great. Having them on the cover could turn people away if they barely glance at it and see some uninspired designs shoved on there.
Exactly thank you.

In the end I just don't see how it's going to help by adding in all this stuff. Most gamer's that are going to purchase Xenoverse are fans of DBZ.
And your average joe is going to buy the big AAA games that come out like Call of Duty etc.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:48 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I've already addressed how that could be a bad idea in my previous post. In addition to that, most of their default designs (like the Future Warrior "Bandai") aren't exactly great. Having them on the cover could turn people away if they barely glance at it and see some uninspired designs shoved on there.
It would still be good to have some variety due to the lack of interest gamers have nowadays towards the games, too.
Avenged wrote:New theme provided by V Jump

http://dragonblogz.com/new-dragon-ball- ... -revealed/
It's just a glorified wallpaper but despite that, I'd love if they could share the wallpaper!
Gotcha
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:50 pm

Great cover. Glad to see everything with the release is official now. Quick question because I haven't been following much of the info but can the created Saiyans only transform to SSJ and not further than that?

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:55 pm

THEGOKU wrote:Great cover. Glad to see everything with the release is official now. Quick question because I haven't been following much of the info but can the created Saiyans only transform to SSJ and not further than that?
Don't know yet, so far we can only go ssj.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:56 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:It would still be good to have some variety due to the lack of interest gamers have nowadays towards the games, too.
Like I said in my first post, play up more of the game's theme instead of just the content. Grab their attention by throwing Time Patrol Trunks on there opposite Goku with some shadowed images of Towa and Mira in the background. Maybe Trunks' new time machine too if they can find someplace where it doesn't look too out of place.

Let the fans wonder why Trunks is dressed different and who those evil looking guys are instead of why there are a bunch of random, possibly uninspired character designs on the front (which may possibly make them feel like DBZ games have fallen even further to resort or stuff like that, thus less inclined to purchase).
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:57 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:And your average joe is going to buy the big AAA games that come out like Call of Duty etc.
See that's the problem, Bandai Namco should try to acquire those customers too because they need to maximise the sales and trusting the fanbase for it is a lost cause since it's separated into two fanbases (Budokai, Tenkaichi/RB) although if both unite then the game might sell fine (fine isn't very satisfying though).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:58 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:I don't like how in Xenoverse it looks like base Goku with extensions. I like how he has more hair and a slightly different style than his base look in previous showings. I know sometimes he's drawn with base Goku plus extensions, but that always bored me. I let Vegeta get away with it as all his SSJ forms outside 3 are essentially just his base hair golden.
I can see where you're going with this and I do agree there is indeed a noticable difference with Spike's SSJ4 Goku and Dimp's SSJ4 Goku. Indeed. Dimp's old model had the bang-spikes and top spikes lifted higher like a mullet where as Spike's and Xenoverse's have that 'Lion's mane' look. But I really dont think the Budokai guys are the ones modelling the characters considering the noticable difference in some of the models outside this. Perfect Cell's cheek-to-jaw length is shorter; Goku's SSJ forms have shorter rounder faces (whixh I'm not to fond of) and Vegito most notably has his hair sharply stretched out resembling more of Vegeta's own hair more so than normal. Kid Buu's body is also longer and thinner as opposed to stumpy and short like it was in B3. Minor off details here and there but its not as bad as it got with BOZ at least. As long as the characters look good in motion and not as stiff as I fear it might look then I might not even notice.

For SSJ4 Vegeta I hope they at least keep B3's colour pallet for him, far more prefered than Spike's IMO.
The darker brown hair, the deeper red fur chest and the black/green shiny leather pants as opposed to Spike's brunette hair and blue skinny jeans. Eww.
It kinda is like a "Lions Mane" the SSJ4 look I'm talking about. I like how there he looks more primitive and wild like. I'm not fond of the base hair + extensions as it just feels so lazy and boring.

Yeah he looked kinda ugly in the Tenkaichi triology.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:05 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:And your average joe is going to buy the big AAA games that come out like Call of Duty etc.
See that's the problem, Bandai Namco should try to acquire those customers too because they need to maximise the sales and trusting the fanbase for it is a lost cause since it's separated into two fanbases (Budokai, Tenkaichi/RB) although if both unite then the game might sell fine (fine isn't very satisfying though).
Well I don't see how changing the cover of the game will make a difference.
To the average joe DBZ is DBZ no matter how you put it.
They will still go for the AAA games.

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:27 pm

That cover is awful. Why not showcase all of the original artwork made for custom characters? Isn't that the game's key feature?

What are they saying with this one? That Goku is indeed present? This isn't as bad as the US Budokai Tenkaichi 2 or Budokai 3 cover, but its still pretty bad. At least BoZ had nice original artwork that attempted to show what made it different from the swathes of other DBZ games.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:38 pm

radrappy wrote:At least BoZ had nice original artwork that attempted to show what made it different from the swathes of other DBZ games.
BoZ's original cover featured solely Super Saiyan God Goku but that was infinitely better than the final version and I still wish I'd have gotten that instead of the "stickers edition" cover.

Damn Bandai for changing it. :|
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:55 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
radrappy wrote:At least BoZ had nice original artwork that attempted to show what made it different from the swathes of other DBZ games.
BoZ's original cover featured solely Super Saiyan God Goku but that was infinitely better than the final version and I still wish I'd have gotten that instead of the "stickers edition" cover.

Damn Bandai for changing it. :|
you mean this??

http://www.dragon-ball-z.net/wp-content ... -cover.jpg

This is awful! It looks like someone just photoshopped a screen grab into the cover. In a perfect world we could get something drawn by the man himself.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:05 pm

I think it looks great (as he's the most exciting character to play as in BoZ) and better than the retail version, plus there aren't three Gokus and you don't see stickers all over the cover.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:57 pm

The cover is perfect. The casual gamers wouldn't care anyways unless they advertise the hell out of it.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:04 pm

My favourite box arts are legacy of goku 2 and the game boy colour card game which I think was called legendary super warriors. They just had the best art on them. This new covers decent though I was expecting more than just goku

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:32 pm

Off topic: Taikestu had a Good box art :D
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

cesarcoronel07
Beyond Newbie

Post by cesarcoronel07 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:03 am

In my opinion, the cover looks good, much better than what BOZ gave us, which the characters looked like stickers thrown out randomly. Anyways, i'm curious to see what other stuff they are going to reveal to us... I expect more character reveals and hopefully a demo later on... ?

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:04 am

The new JP website looks pretty awesome.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:11 am

Avenged wrote:The new JP website looks pretty awesome.
Indeed

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:23 am

Box art looks alright to me. I just wish they added Towa, Mira, and Omega Shenron(if he's confirmed) in the background shadows. I hope NB do different box arts for different countries like they used to back in the day. I dunno why they stopped. Was it because of money issues or something? These three North American boxarts were fuckin the best IMO http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2012 ... _Cover.jpg

http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/8/9/8/59898_front.jpg

http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers ... 417-00.jpg
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.