DragonBall: Raging Blast (PS3/360)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Tue May 19, 2009 9:28 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Rod wrote:I only ever played the Sparking games, but it looks like a combination of both games would be pretty cool
Except.... it's not. You can clearly see that the game looks EXACTLY like the Sparking! series and nothing like the Budokai/Burst Limit series. Why is this so hard to understand?
I know the game isn't a combination of both, I said that a game that combined both would be cool, not that the actual new game was that

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Tue May 19, 2009 9:31 pm

SSJmole wrote:
Rod wrote:What's the difference between Bust Limit and sparking?
One has Limited characters the other has limited depth.
Sparking? Depth? :lol: Sparking isn't deep. You can win by using the same pattern in every match.
­

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue May 19, 2009 9:33 pm

Taku128 wrote:
SSJmole wrote:
Rod wrote:What's the difference between Bust Limit and sparking?
One has Limited characters the other has limited depth.
Sparking? Depth? :lol: Sparking isn't deep. You can win by using the same pattern in every match.
Which is why he said one has limited depth....
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Tue May 19, 2009 9:35 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Taku128 wrote:
SSJmole wrote: One has Limited characters the other has limited depth.
Which is why he said one has limited depth....
Why did I read that as just depth then? :oops: Budokai isn't that deep either though.
­

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 19, 2009 9:35 pm

Taku128 wrote:Sparking? Depth? :lol: Sparking isn't deep. You can win by using the same pattern in every match.
To be fair, winning "by using the same pattern in every match" doesn't necessarily mean the game isn't "deep".

Yes, it means you're a boring, cheap bitch... and yes, it means that the AI (or your opponent) is terrible... but it doesn't inherently make the game "not deep". I could do the same thing in Third Strike or Guilty Gear, and I dare you to say either game isn't "deep".

Plenty of other things make it "not deep", though :P. Comparatively speaking, anyway...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Tue May 19, 2009 9:39 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Taku128 wrote:Sparking? Depth? :lol: Sparking isn't deep. You can win by using the same pattern in every match.
To be fair, winning "by using the same pattern in every match" doesn't necessarily mean the game isn't "deep".

Yes, it means you're a boring, cheap bitch... and yes, it means that the AI (or your opponent) is terrible... but it doesn't inherently make the game "not deep". I could do the same thing in Third Strike or Guilty Gear, and I dare you to say either game isn't "deep".

Plenty of other things make it "not deep", though :P. Comparatively speaking, anyway...
There's a problem when the AI is the one that teaches you said pattern though. :P
­

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue May 19, 2009 10:05 pm

VegettoEX wrote:

Obvious bias is obvious :P
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue May 19, 2009 10:54 pm

I sent the news of the two new games to Joystiq.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/19/shock ... i-360-ps3/

I sent them links to Daizex and that's what they cited. :lol:

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Tue May 19, 2009 11:00 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:I sent the news of the two new games to Joystiq.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/19/shock ... i-360-ps3/

I sent them links to Daizex and that's what they cited. :lol:
Oh dear God
Joystiq wrote:Attention Dragon Ball fans, we have some news that will probably make all kinds of sense to you. Daizex.com noticed reports of new games set in the Dragon Ball universe for the Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3. First up, French site Wiiz.fr has magazine scans showing off a new Wii game based on the original Dragon Ball series, apparently entitled Dragon Ball World: Big Adventure, a 2D/3D affair in which Sangoku (who?) faces the Red Ribbon Army (whatever that is).

Meanwhile, Xbox Evolved reports that a new Dragon Ball Z game is on the way for Xbox 360 and PS3 entitled Dragon Ball Z: Raging Blast. Daizex.com suspects that the game is more closely related to something called Sparking! than Burst Limit. Sparking!, evidently, is the Japanese name for the Budokai Tenkaichi series. Or something.

We don't really understand anything else, but we're sure it's all very exciting.
they seem to be taking it very seriously

And of course come the comments:
these dragon ball games are getting retarted retarted
Followed by:
Perhaps, but I bet most retards could spell retarded.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue May 19, 2009 11:02 pm

Yeah that post was terrible. There is one blogger on that site that knows a little about Dragon Ball. I guess I assumed they would have him post it, but instead we got this guy. Seriously all he had to do was a little research and he wouldn't have looked like an idiot for reporting on something he doesn't know or care about.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Tue May 19, 2009 11:10 pm

I thought it was funny :P
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed May 20, 2009 12:27 am

JAPPO wrote:I thought it was funny :P
I thought it was HILARIOUS!
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed May 20, 2009 12:31 am

SSJ2bardock wrote: Except.... it's not. You can clearly see that the game looks EXACTLY like the Sparking! series and nothing like the Budokai/Burst Limit series. Why is this so hard to understand?
Settle down there sport. While it may be exactly just another Sparking!-type game, we don't know 100% what this is about, for sure. There may be major gameplay tweaks that one is unable to gather from a couple of crappy scans. Nothing is "clear" when you don't even have pictures that are clear.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:44 am

I really hopes this comes to Wii. I want a new Sparking game.

Oh well, I shall still be amused with this new Dragon Ball Wii game.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed May 20, 2009 2:20 am

The S wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote: Except.... it's not. You can clearly see that the game looks EXACTLY like the Sparking! series and nothing like the Budokai/Burst Limit series. Why is this so hard to understand?
Settle down there sport. While it may be exactly just another Sparking!-type game, we don't know 100% what this is about, for sure. There may be major gameplay tweaks that one is unable to gather from a couple of crappy scans. Nothing is "clear" when you don't even have pictures that are clear.
Looks pretty clear to me. Notice Piccolo's makankosappo, the destructible environments, character models. It's not like this would be the first time they've done this with a game, in fact they do it all the time. So by track record and visuals we can pretty accurately determine what this game is.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Wed May 20, 2009 6:49 am

VegettoEX wrote:

*ahem*
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike is not de-*spontaneously combusts*

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed May 20, 2009 10:19 am

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Looks pretty clear to me. Notice Piccolo's makankosappo, the destructible environments, character models. It's not like this would be the first time they've done this with a game, in fact they do it all the time. So by track record and visuals we can pretty accurately determine what this game is.
I didn't even notice Piccolo in it until you said something.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Wed May 20, 2009 10:45 am

Right now I'll reserve judgment until I see more. I really can't tell much from those few screens in the magazine.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed May 20, 2009 4:25 pm

The S wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote:
Yeah, I inspected it pretty closely :P
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Wed May 20, 2009 6:05 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:
The S wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote:
Yeah, I inspected it pretty closely :P
Don't forget that screenshot of Goku, that pose looks exactly like one of the poses during a combo in the Sparking series.