"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Darkseid

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Darkseid » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:21 pm

Kanassa wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:I don't think Zamasu is a master manipulator... Goku is just naive and Gowasu didn't want to see Zamasu's true face because he had a deep trust in him.
Actually, does Zamasu even manipulate either? He was pretty open about his ideals with Gowasu
No he doesn´t. He stays in the role of trusted apprentice until he kills Gowasu but thats about it. After that he is open about his goals and motives.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:42 pm

Kanassa wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:Zamasu is a master manipulator. He was able to deceive Goku and Gowasu so easily.
I don't think that really counts as evidence for Zamasu being a master manipulator.
Maybe, still he is willing to use such tactics if it suits his plans, such as when he put on a fake smile and tried to look like a good apprentice when Beerus and co. visited Gowasu to protect him. I am certain that he is doing the same thing here, trying to look like a trustworthy ally, while in reality he plots to backstab Hearts and become the sole ruler of the cosmos once Zeno is gone.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:23 pm

I really wish Cumber was dead now. Did they really have to rescue him? We saw enough of this boring character. They will go for Jiren right? Imagine Cumber vs Jiren. Boring fight of two most boring antagonists in franchise. Only Broly is missing here (please don't include him in this story, please don't).

I still wonder why would Kamin & Oren even work with guys like Zamasu unless they just teamed up because of common goal and could plan on infecting and controlling them later. Defeating Zeno isn't easy for sure so you need ANY help. I mean it would be dope to see Baby Vegito Black one day but honestly Baby would rather make Goku Black fuse with Vegeta and just infect Vegito to get full control. This is the same race so cooperating or trusting anyone from inferior race probably isn't their thing.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:19 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:I really wish Cumber was dead now. Did they really have to rescue him? We saw enough of this boring character. They will go for Jiren right? Imagine Cumber vs Jiren. Boring fight of two most boring antagonists in franchise. Only Broly is missing here (please don't include him in this story, please don't).

I still wonder why would Kamin & Oren even work with guys like Zamasu unless they just teamed up because of common goal and could plan on infecting and controlling them later. Defeating Zeno isn't easy for sure so you need ANY help. I mean it would be dope to see Baby Vegito Black one day but honestly Baby would rather make Goku Black fuse with Vegeta and just infect Vegito to get full control. This is the same race so cooperating or trusting anyone from inferior race probably isn't their thing.
Speak for yourself. I'm happy Cumber's sticking around because he feels like he's ironic parody, and his design is the first I've liked from a saiyan in a while. Hes a big dumb brute and I dont mind that.

I dont think Zamasu is the ring leader, but I would love to see a what if Goku turn up to fight him thats the Zamasu body version: power pole and nimbus together

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:29 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:I really wish Cumber was dead now. Did they really have to rescue him? We saw enough of this boring character. They will go for Jiren right? Imagine Cumber vs Jiren. Boring fight of two most boring antagonists in franchise. Only Broly is missing here (please don't include him in this story, please don't).

You are not the only one here who had wanted Kanba to have been killed-off by one of the heroes, the heroine, or even by the hands of another villain, such as like having Son Goku and Vegeta not being so reliant on their ordinary Super Saiyan Blue forms as per usual and had actually used their brains more often than they ever had by having Son Goku go into his Super Saiyan Blue: 20X Kaioken and Vegeta busting-out his equally as powerful Beyond Super Saiyan Blue right when Fu (Base Form) would have shown himself to the two Saiyans, Shin, Whis, and Future Mai on Beerus' Planet. Right before, a furious Super Saiyan Blue: 20X Kaioken Son Goku would have unleashed his Instant Transmission and Dragon Fist upon Fu (Base Form) and an equally furious Beyond Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta would have carbonized the remains of Fu (Base Form). With the Maniacal Millennial who had kidnapped Future Trunks now taken care of, SSGSS: 20X Kaioken Son Goku would have used his Instant Transmission technique to go and find Future Trunks on the Prison Planet before returning a moment later with the son of Vegeta in question. Then, with a quick call to one of the two Omni-Kings, and another to the Grand Priest, the Prison Planet and all but one of it's imprisoned inhabitants would have been erased from existence, with the sole exception of Kanba, who would have transported by the father of Whis right to the doorstep of Mahakaishin1991. Only to make his way back to go and pick up Kanba a month later.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:29 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:

Speak for yourself. I'm happy Cumber's sticking around because he feels like he's ironic parody, and his design is the first I've liked from a saiyan in a while. Hes a big dumb brute and I dont mind that.

I dont think Zamasu is the ring leader, but I would love to see a what if Goku turn up to fight him thats the Zamasu body version: power pole and nimbus together
I also like Cumber... I don't know why those kind of characters get so much hate for no reason... Cumber is also an interesting character and there's so much to do with him and his past with Yamoshi and the SSJGod etc...
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:55 pm

Considering how fast Cumber got merchandise and how prominent he has been so far, I'd wager he's also decently popular with the Japanese fans. I like the guy too, simply because he is exactly what saiyans were supposed to be, making a nice contrast in modern DB where writers tend to bend over themselves to give every villain/adversary a possible reason to befriend Goku and the others.

The thing I got more intrigued by, was Goku Xeno seemingly being able to teleport at will between timelines and universes.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:11 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Considering how fast Cumber got merchandise and how prominent he has been so far, I'd wager he's also decently popular with the Japanese fans. I like the guy too, simply because he is exactly what saiyans were supposed to be, making a nice contrast in modern DB where writers tend to bend over themselves to give every villain/adversary a possible reason to befriend Goku and the others.

The thing I got more intrigued by, was Goku Xeno seemingly being able to teleport at will between timelines and universes.
Perhaps he had mastered his Instant Transmission technique to the point it would allow for such a thing to be possible? Or he may have learned the Kai Kai technique?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:29 pm

Cumber being boring af is one thing.

But this guy survived fights against:
-SSJB Kaioken Vegito
-SSJ4 Vegito
-Ultra Instinct Goku

Seriously? It's time to go.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:01 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Considering how fast Cumber got merchandise and how prominent he has been so far, I'd wager he's also decently popular with the Japanese fans. I like the guy too, simply because he is exactly what saiyans were supposed to be, making a nice contrast in modern DB where writers tend to bend over themselves to give every villain/adversary a possible reason to befriend Goku and the others.

In Xenoverse Goku does it all the time, and Goku Xeno in UMX does too

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:58 am

BrolyKale wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:I also like Cumber... I don't know why those kind of characters get so much hate for no reason... Cumber is also an interesting character and there's so much to do with him and his past with Yamoshi and the SSJGod etc...
People be like 'he boring' 'he lame' 'he big dumb brute who need to die.'

Firstly, he's a game villain with limited dialogue and time on screen compared to others, but he's a perfect rep of how saiyans are described to be. Dude has this Akuma vibe from Street Fighter of a force of nature that I love. None of the saiyan survivors really captured that because (Raditz the coward, Vegeta being royalty and honour bound, Goku being Goku and Nappa having genuine concerns for his comrades). In fact, Cumber stands out among the more recent saiyan additions because he feels like the old legendary super saiyan personified when contrasted with U6 newcomers, even furthered by his revival of the Golden Oozaru and beastly nature.

I hope he sticks around in the games for a while like Towa and Mira, along with the others in his crew. Dude's not getting into the main canon from what we can see, so let him stay in he side stories. Heroes does stuff like this well, I'm so thankful they brought Majin Ozotto and the like back.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:18 am

I suspect this arc's multi universe thing is a way to factor in cards we didnt get from the TOP. We just got a new kefla and hit without his dress. Since we're going Universe 11 next I hope we get GoD Toppo

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:56 am

FINALLY it felt like eternity waiting to find out just who these mysterious artificial beings were.

Interesting how they turned out to be the U6 Machine Mutant counterparts, great way to combine elements of both GT & Super.

I'm also of the stance to keep Cumber. He's far better at what he does than new Broly himself, and there's potential for his history to be explored. He's super strong, he strikes this sense of uncertainty and tension to the story, he's just like prime model of what a Saiyan should be, he's what we need to spice things up.

The plan to overthrow the hierarchy of the multiverse? Hell yes, this needed to be done and it's about goddamn time.

Don't really care about Zamasu's return tbh. I never really liked his shtick to begin with.

Also, thanks Cipher for doing Kami's work. I can understand it takes time and we really do appreciate what you do for translations nowadays.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:13 am

Cipher wrote:Massive summary and translation dump (wipes brow):

Episode 8 - "Zamasu Revived?! The Curtain Rises on the Universal Conflict Arc!" summary
SDBH official site "Story" page translation (contains several new details for the arc, and at least one bit on Fu's goals that seemingly contradicts the take the anime gave him last episode, but -shrug-):
SDBH official site "Core Area" character bio translations:
Additional "Core Area" character blurb from the character overview page:
And last but not least, a summary of the entire first campaign of the Universal Conflict arc in the arcade game, using footage from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI3Z2HsjYpI
Okay WOW I don't know if I'm the only one who was reeled in and felt the intensity of the story through the dialogue, the story's main objective is complex "Overthrow The Omni Kings" But they way the writing for this arc is going is incredibly done and well paced (at least in the Manga and Arcade versions) Promo Anime is skewed BUT could be better if the episodes were 15-20 mins so they could flesh out the fight sequences, it's incredible that even here they hail Jiren as the one above not just one god but all the gods of destruction which makes me happy cause Jiren was incredible in both adaptations of T.O.P whether it be Anime or Manga and thus could possibly confirm my speculation that NuBroly (Toriyama's Revamped version of Broly) isn't stronger than Jiren but could be potentially be the strongest mortal in his universe due to his destructive power!

I hope this continues to get better and Crazier! (God no Ribrianne PLEASE) I'm digging the Sinister Six Type vibes/League of Villains vibe from these "Core Area" Warriors it's neat and fresh (IMO) I can't wait for this Saga's story to progress!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:40 am

I'm not gonna lie... the premise that Super Dragon Ball Heroes has going for it right now -- with a Sinister Six like group plotting to overthrow Zeno -- sounds incredibly interesting. I just very little faith in the manga or arcade version of Super Dragon Ball Heroes doing that kind of storyline any justice.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:49 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I'm not gonna lie... the premise that Super Dragon Ball Heroes has going for it right now -- with a Sinister Six like group plotting to overthrow Zeno -- sounds incredibly interesting. I just very little faith in the manga or arcade version of Super Dragon Ball Heroes doing that kind of storyline any justice.
Hopefully, they succeed in at least dethroning the Omni-Kings, as those two murderous manchildren are even worse than any other child-like pair of Serial Killers from the rest of fiction.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:23 pm

I imagine those two machine mutant twins either combining together or pulling a Baby and possessing either Cumber or our new scarfaced character to make an ultimate foe. Very, very excited to see how things go with this new storyline. Between this and the Super Manga, Dragonball stories have not had me this intrigued since the beginning days of the Goku Black Arc

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:41 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:I imagine those two machine mutant twins either combining together or pulling a Baby and possessing either Cumber or our new scarfaced character to make an ultimate foe. Very, very excited to see how things go with this new storyline. Between this and the Super Manga, Dragonball stories have not had me this intrigued since the beginning days of the Goku Black Arc
The Tuffle Twins might try possessing Vegeta and Future Trunks from Dragon Ball Super, as a reference to Baby doing the very same thing to Vegeta from Dragon Ball GT and later to the Present Trunks also seen in Dragon Ball GT from one of the God Missions of the incredibly popular Dragon Ball Heroes Game.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:22 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I'm not gonna lie... the premise that Super Dragon Ball Heroes has going for it right now -- with a Sinister Six like group plotting to overthrow Zeno -- sounds incredibly interesting. I just very little faith in the manga or arcade version of Super Dragon Ball Heroes doing that kind of storyline any justice.
Why something like this isnt in the anime is mind boggling

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:29 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Why something like this isnt in the anime is mind boggling
I thought this was obvious. If it's not from the mind of Toriyama then it's not canon and presumably most fans won't like it. Or so that's how Shueisha thinks given their heavy marketing of the concept of official canon.

And Toriyama's ideas are incredibly lackluster, sometimes conservative.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!