"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:48 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:SDBH2 SEC cards are SS3 Bardock: Xeno and Cell: Xeno with his Cell-X transformation.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
(New page bump.)

The lack of Nappa is a bit of a surprise, kinda (they love Bardock though). But if Raditz got a card, I'm sure he will too, eventually.

However, Vegeta shouldn't really be a big enough deal for a SEC. His Saiyan Arc self is the same card classification as Freeza, Cell, Boo and Super. It wouldn't be much more than a costume change, like when they gave the transformation to Goku in his Yardrat clothes, ages ago.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:04 pm

That's good they love Bardock, at least there's a place where they do something with the character... But there wasn't a need to make Super Saiyan 3 Xeno Bardock a SEC again. At least give regular Bardock the Super Saiyan 3 form.

Super Saiyan 3 Nappa will compete with Xeno Vegetto, Xeno Buu and Xeno Buu with Demon God Dabura absorbed in the next set, so that makes really difficult for him to be the next SEC, in the worst cases, he won't even be playable. The V-Jump magazine will contain yet another Super Saiyan 3 Xeno Goku, so there goes a chance for Nappa to get a card.

Xeno Cell's technique is the Dark Kamehameha, same as Mira. Super Saiyan 3 Xeno Bardock has フルチュージリベリオンエッジ, Google Translate isn't helping me, but it is a variation of his Rebellion Edge.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:45 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:So, no SS3 Nappa or SS3 Vegeta (Saiyan Saga)?
That's surprising.
The mission where those 2 appear is a limited time boss event. They'll probably come as cards in the next set.
Super Saiyan 3 Xeno Bardock has フルチュージリベリオンエッジ, Google Translate isn't helping me, but it is a variation of his Rebellion Edge.
That's probably supposed to be フルチャージリベリオンエッジ which is Full Charge Rebellion Edge.

There are leaks of the SEC card's details and abilities but I won't actually review them until it is confirmed that they are accurate.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:55 pm

Grimlock wrote:Super Saiyan 3 Xeno Bardock has フルチュージリベリオンエッジ, Google Translate isn't helping me, but it is a variation of his Rebellion Edge.
It's Full Charge (フルチャージ), not チュージ.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:42 am

New commercial.

Too bad Full Charge Rebellion Edge is... Rebellion Edge. I was expecting that of course, but at least with a new animation or something. Hopefully the Rebellion Fang is a whole new technique.

The trio attack.
Full Charge Rebellion Edge. Well, at least the coloration is cool.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:21 am

First and second missions with pre & post match dialogue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C7I72W3Q1c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lx9Amw1lp0

Still hate the Cell-X design.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:26 am

Damn it. Bardock's mission doesn't show him going Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 like a GDM3's mission.

Gine's voice, though! So cute, such an adorable character! :D

~ Day of the Machines ~

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:37 pm

The Final Hope Slash technique had a provisional name as "Genki-Dama Sword". Well done, Heroes! :lol:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

~ Day of the Machines ~

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:26 pm

You know what? I hated this form when I first saw it in DBO but its grown on me. This deformed monster is not meant to be just a weapon, its also a factory for other bio-androids weapons. That way to gets the mighty Cell added to her forces and a never ending supply of powerful soldiers, cleaver. Also I'll take Cell-X's alien queen knock off form, as it servers a purpose and was designed that way, over DBM Cold alien queen knock off form.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:00 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:First and second missions with pre & post match dialogue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C7I72W3Q1c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lx9Amw1lp0

Still hate the Cell-X design.
Cell: *pain*... It hurts... it's like this pain is piercing through my body!
Trunks: What's happening to Cell's body? Be careful! I'm somehow feeling a botomless ki!

Trunks: Because of you, Cell X vanished! Thanks! Even so, who is "that person" that Putine talked about...? Could that mean there is someone pulling the strings...?

----------

Demon God Gravy: Annoying pests, as always... But you're no longer a match for me, who gained the power of a Demon God.
Trunks: You're Gravy! What's that form...? Be careful! I feel a stronger ki than before...!!

Trunks: I felt an evil power from the Articifical Humans... Be careful from now on!

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm

alakazam^ wrote:Demon God Gravy: Annoying pests, as always... But you're no longer a match for me, who gained the power of a Demon God.
Trunks: You're Gravy! What's that form...? Be careful! I feel a stronger ki than before...!!
So Demon Gods don't have god Ki, it seems. I wonder why that is.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:50 am

In Xenoverse, Demigra tries to control Goku but he can't, Goku explains that's because like him, Goku is a god... That implies that Demon God Demigra has god Ki.

Also, is that last part really talking directly about Gravy? He's accompanied with other characters so maybe Trunks was talking about them.

~ Day of the Machines ~

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:29 am

It probably is, since Trunks mentioned "before". After the fight he talks about "evil power" from #16 ( :think: ) and the rest are just grunts.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:34 am

Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta and Super Saiyan 3 Nappa.

Vegeta's technique is a generic and old one. Now we shall see if they created a new one for Nappa.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:30 pm

Things finally starting to settle down a bit. I'll be posting my card review tomorrow.

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:23 am

Here is my review of the 2nd set of SDBH cards. I decided to review only the UR's and SEC's of this set since I felt that they were the only ones worthy of mentioning. I feel that this set has significantly less impactful cards than the previous one. Anyway, here we go:

SH2-49 Goku: Xeno (SSJ3)

HR Type
HP: 2800
Power: 6100
Guard: 2000

Freeze Card Action Ability where if successful, also significantly lowers the Ki of the attacking enemy character. I've said multiple times in my previous card reviews that I think Freeze is one of, if not the best CAA in the game so it is always a good thing to see. Additionally, lowering the Ki of enemies helps a lot, especially in the Battle Power calculation phase.

His passive ability allows him to regenerate all of his Ki and increase his Power by 3,000 if his team successfully deals 3,000 or more damage during that turn. This ability is extremely easy to pull off every turn, which is nice. The first thing I think of when seeing this as a passive, is that this card is more oriented toward dragging the battle out over a longer period of time. Being able to regenerate all of your Ki every single turn is the main upside to this effect but can be countered by Ki draining abilities, which are becoming more common in the game. Although this card has something more important that we will talk about down below.

Super Attack: Instant Transmission Kamehameha, costs 7 Energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect, which unleashes an Ultimate Unit Technique if this card is paired up with Vegeks: Xeno and Gohan: Xeno (costs 10 Energy). Ultimate Unit Technique effects are what were really missing from the first set and is almost definitely what will make this card usable. Ultimate Unit Techniques are extremely powerful and if you can get one off, are nearly guaranteed to end the game whenever they are played. In the past, units that contained effects similar to this have been played a lot and I expect this card to see a decent amount of play as well.

7.5/10

SH2-51 Vegeta: Xeno (SSJ3)

EL Type
HP: 3200
Power: 5400
Guard: 1500

Super Energy Card Action Ability, which was introduced in the previous set of SDBH with an additional effect of reducing the attacked enemy's Guard to 0. This is extremely useful and could potentially make this card extremely valuable in teams that try and blitz down the opponent on turn 2. (Namely Tarble decks).

Passive ability that unconditionally increases his damage by 1,000 whenever he attacks. On top of that, if you have Goku or Goku: Xeno on your team, this effect increases. I assume this brings the damage up to +2,000 whenever he attacks but I am not 100% sure on that. What I am sure of is that this effect does not stack. (You can't run 6 Goku's and this card and then have this card get +6,000 damage for every Goku). Honestly, fairly underwhelming passive ability and basically forces you to run Goku with this card. What I take away from this effect along with his UUE, which I mention below, is that this card essentially forces you to run HGD9-52 Goku: Xeno (UR from God Mission 9), since they are both EL types and pair very well together.

Super Attack: Atomic Flash, costs 7 Energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect that increases the Power of all team members by amount of Energy x 2,000 for that turn only, while Goku: Xeno and Trunks: Xeno are on the same team as this card. This is a pretty nice effect considering that it only costs 2 Energy. Additionally, HJ06-63 Trunks: Xeno is insanely good on an EL team and could pair up nicely with this card and Goku: Xeno. Overall this card seems pretty hard to evaluate but with the right partners, this card could do some serious damage.

7/10

SH2-57 Demon God Putine

EL Type
HP: 3200
Power: 3900
Guard: 3300

Triple Attack Card Action Ability where if successful, also decreases the amount of the enemy team's Energy by 3. Pretty mediocre IMO.

Passive ability that increase the Charge Impact speed of the entire enemy team so that it is equal to the speed of the fastest enemy while this card is in the attack area. While this card is in the support area, decrease the Charge Impact speed of all allies so that it is equal to the speed of the slowest ally. I really like this ability from a design perspective and wish they would keep making cards with innovative effects like this. This effect is really interesting because depending on your team and your opponent's team, there are different ways this card can be used to get the most out of this ability. For example if HGD6-SEC2 Broly (Full Power SSJ4) is on your opponent's team, it would be a great time for this card to be moved to the attack area since that Broly card has a notoriously fast CI speed. On the other hand, if you have that very same Broly on your team, as well as a character with a very slow CI speed, you can decrease Broly's CI speed to be the same as your other card. I think this effect is really well thought out and there are so many different combinations this could be used with to gain an advantage.

Super Attack: Icicle Illusion, costs 5 Energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect that restores all the Ki of all team members to full, as well as nullify all Super Attacks of the enemy team this turn only, if Demon God Gravy and Super Mira are on the same team as this card(5 Energy). A pretty powerful effect if not only to stop aggressive teams from pulling off their Super Attacks early on in the game. Not bad but not fantastic.

7/10

SH2-58 Demon God Gravy

BS Type
HP: 3000
Power: 4600
Guard: 1000

Burst Card Action Ability where if successful, also increases the Charge Impact speed of the attacked enemy character as well as lower the enemy team's Energy by 2. Pretty nice double effect in there.

This card's Passive Ability is what makes him very, very good IMO. Probably one of the best cards in this set. At the start of Round 2, decrease the enemy team's Energy by 1. If the enemy team's Energy is 6 or more, reduce their energy to 0. I am almost positive that this ability was made to counter the combo of Tarble and HG05-51 Majuub. That combo has been reigning terror on the game since Tarble was released by basically allowing Majuub's effect of adding the sum of his Power and Guard stats to team Battle Power. Since Majuub's Power stat was insanely boosted by Tarble's passive ability, the team running this combo would almost always guarantee to attack first on turn 2, and secure a victory nearly every time. But with Demon God Gravy's new passive, I think that the Majuub + Tarble combo might fall off a little bit.

Super Attack: Verdict of Lightning, costs 7 Energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect that restores all the Ki of all team members to full, as well as nullify all Super Attacks of the enemy team this turn only, if Demon God Putine and Darkness Towa are on the same team as this card (5 Energy). This is exactly the same effect as Demon God Putine's. The only difference is that it requires Darkness Towa instead of Super Mira to pull off.

8/10

SH2-59 Gine

SP Type
HP: 2000
Power: 1300

SDBH's second UR SP type card is here. A lot of people have been waiting for Gine to make an appearance in this game and she is finally here.

First, her attack effect allows her to attach herself to one teammate, therefore granting them 2x damage. This effect is extremely powerful. But when you compare it to last set's SP card, Bulma's effect, I think this effect seems pretty underwhelming in comparison.

Gine's support effect makes all allies who are in the support area regenerate twice as much Ki as usual. I think this effect is actually really good and is very underrated. I actually think this effect is stronger than Bulma's support effect, therefore making Gine a better unit to run on a team that wants to drag out the game while Bulma should be run on a team that wants to end the game as fast as possible.

Overall, though, I would say that this card is less powerful than Bulma. This is only due to the fact that Bulma's attack ability is simply insane and honestly it was probably a mistake to make such a powerful effect on their first ever SP card as they were unsure of how it would effect the game. Either way, you are only allowed 1 SP card on your team at a time so it isn't significantly game-breaking. That being said, Gine would be a nice fit on a balanced team that is looking to make use of Energy mitigation effects to prolong the game.

8/10

SH2-60 Trunks: Future (Super Saiyan Rage)

HR Type
HP: 3000
Power: 6500
Guard: 2000

This unit has the new CAA, Awakening Burst. This works almost exactly like a normal Burst CAA, but has an additional phase that increase the Super Attack damage of the card even further. This card's CAA also has an additional effect that if successful, reduces the damage reduction of the attacked enemy by 50%. I think not only is this effect really good, it is also extremely fitting for this form of Trunks to have.

Trunks' passive ability increases his damage for every character in the Supporting Area. Because of this, you will almost always see this card being the only one in the Attack Area to maximize the potential of this effect. I usually don't like effects like these, but with SP cards as well as the hoard of supporting units that have come out recently, you can do some insane damage with this card with the correct setup.

Super Attack: Final Hope Slash, costs 6 Energy.

Ultimate Unit Effect that doubles the amount of Energy of your team if Goku and Vegeta are on the same team as this card (1 Energy). This is extremely powerful especially due to it only costing 1 Energy. We may see teams come about that try and use this card to single handedly end the game in Round 1, using 6 supporters to boost Trunks' damage to the maximum. (Here is a good example of that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2U_uXfFFY8)

Honestly, I have been waiting for this card to come to Heroes ever since this form appeared in DBS and I was a little disappointed that it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. That doesn't mean it can't be good in the right team of supporting cards, but I was expecting a little more given how prominent of a role it played in the show.

8/10

Now we will begin talking about the 2 SEC cards of this set. This time around they decided to take a different approach than last time and I think it will do the game quite good to not constantly have attacking powerhouses every time new cards are released.

SH2-SEC Cell: Xeno

BS Type
HP: 2600
Power: 5800

Giant Transformation Card Action Ability that allows Cell to transform into his Cell X form during Round 2 or later. Upon transforming, his damage will go up and his Super Attack will launch every time he attacks. Additionally, enemies he attacks will permanently have the amount of Ki they recover when in the supporting area severely decreased. This is a pretty typical giant transformation CAA. The real power of this card lies in the passive ability.

Cell's passive ability is exclusively for turn 1 of the battle only. He does not take energy damage, and if the damage he receives is over 1,000, make all normal and Super Attack damage 0. This ability makes this card hands down the best round 1 tank in the game. Therefore, it nearly guarantees that Cell will live to get this giant transformation off safely. And if that's not enough, this card is an exceptional counter to last set's SEC, Vegito Blue in Round 1 since he can't take more than 1,000 damage. The fact of the matter is, if an opponent brings a team that tries to end the game in Round 1 and invests all their resources into buffing up their cards early on, they will simply lose the game to this one card. I look forward to seeing this card crushing aggro teams.

Super Attack: Dark Kamehameha, costs 6 Energy.

8.5/10

SH2-SEC2 Bardock: Xeno

HR Type
HP: 3100
Power: 4600
Guard: 3700

This card has the new Change Sparking Card Action Ability, which triggers the Sparking CAA right after this card's transformation happens. When Bardock transforms into SSJ3, his damage permanently increases by 1.3x, and he is able to launch his Super Attack no matter how much Energy your team has. This effect is pretty insane and if your team is built around Bardock, you really don't need to worry about your Energy that much. Usually, effects like these require the help of supporting units to connect link lines but in this case it all comes in one package. This ability makes this card really flexible and allows him to fit in with a lot of existing teams.

Bardock's passive ability makes him immune to stuns and deal an additional 2,000 damage during his attack if your team wins the Battle Power measurements. Being immune to stuns is an extremely powerful effect in this game and is yet another reason why this card could be run in a vast majority of decks. Every single other card that has been printed with that ability has always found its place somewhere before, so I see no problems in this card's future and am certain that even in a few years we will see this card played from time to time in many teams.

Super Attack: Rebellion Fang, costs 8 Energy.

Overall this card's flexibility is what sets it apart from similar cards that have been released recently. Not needing Energy to launch his Super Attack, immune to stuns, additional damage from Sparking as well as his passive. There isn't really much else you could ask for from a card like this.

8.5/10

That concludes my review for the 2nd set of cards for SDBH. I hope you guys liked it and hopefully we will be getting some leaks of the third set in the near future.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:08 am

Good review, Goresh. I'm a little surprised that Super Saiyan Rage Trunks was not a SEC card, but Xeno Bardock was.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:57 am

The cover of V-Jump announced a new Ultimate Mission :mrgreen:

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:45 am

alakazam^ wrote:The cover of V-Jump announced a new Ultimate Mission :mrgreen:
Just so we are clear you are talking about the 3DS port of Heroes right??? Because if it is thank goodness!!!! i have been waiting for a sequel for a long time now and this time they TOTALLLY have to bring it for the rest of the world translated right?????

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:52 am

Dragotaker wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:The cover of V-Jump announced a new Ultimate Mission :mrgreen:
Just so we are clear you are talking about the 3DS port of Heroes right??? Because if it is thank goodness!!!! i have been waiting for a sequel for a long time now and this time they TOTALLLY have to bring it for the rest of the world translated right?????
Yep, I'm talking about the 3DS port. V-Jump's cover only says they will reveal the new game but further info is most likely inside the magazine proper.

I hope it is another 3DS game but, realistically, it proably will be for the Switch. Well, if the game runs properly it's for the best but I'm not planning on buying one this soon :cry: