"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:12 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Xeogran wrote:Uh great, another plot point that could be saved for the actual canon manga/anime was taken by Heroes.

Such development would be great to see in the real series, like after Goku finally learns everything that Whis has to offer. It just bothers me that DBH is now unceromoniously doing things that could happen in the real story.
Same. It’s kinda frustrating. And now that DBH has done it, it’s even less likely this will happen in Super. Damn it Dragon Ball Room! Use these cool ideas for DBS!
I'm not entirely sure that Toriyama and the Dragon Room want to tell these stories in the main canon.
Yeah, Akira Toriyama and the so-called Dragon Ball Room are both lackluster for not seeing the potential of actually trying to make a good sequel to DBZ.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:15 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:
Baby Caulifla & Baby Kale

Oh god, it's getting interesting :lol:
Can't wait to see this in anime
Are they in their base or Super Saiyan forms? Either way, it just goes to show Kale and Caulifla are nothing special.
thats not the super saiyan hair for Kale so base. And you base the nothing special part on what?
The two likely didn't do enough training to have stopped the Tuffle Twins from attacking Planet Saiya.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:39 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Are they in their base or Super Saiyan forms? Either way, it just goes to show Kale and Caulifla are nothing special.
They seem to have white hair which means it should be Super Saiyan because base Baby Vegeta had black hair. But hey, it's heroes. I wouldn't be surprised if their forgot about that and gave them white hair in base forms just like they allowed Gohan to go into SSJ4 with no tail lol.

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:56 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Are they in their base or Super Saiyan forms? Either way, it just goes to show Kale and Caulifla are nothing special.
They seem to have white hair which means it should be Super Saiyan because base Baby Vegeta had black hair. But hey, it's heroes. I wouldn't be surprised if their forgot about that and gave them white hair in base forms just like they allowed Gohan to go into SSJ4 with no tail lol.

Vegeta turned into 4 in GT with a blutz wave machine, and I dont recall him pulling out a new tail before exposure.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:59 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
thats not the super saiyan hair for Kale so base. And you base the nothing special part on what?
The two likely didn't do enough training to have stopped the Tuffle Twins from attacking Planet Saiya.
The way the twins talk about it in the game it it sounds more like they swept the whole planet. Like How Baby pretty much steathed it up in GT by going for a few key players before a planet wide infection.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:03 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:

Vegeta turned into 4 in GT with a blutz wave machine, and I dont recall him pulling out a new tail before exposure.
That's not right. Machine forced transformation into Oozaru and gave him a tail. Then, he was able to turn SSJ4.
Gohan went SSJ4 just by training.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:12 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:Gohan went SSJ4 just by training.
Gohan got Super Saiyan 4 before Heroes having its stories, which means he falls under the "what-if" concept in its true nature: "what if Gohan had a tail pulled out just like Goku?". This is what Heroes is about, all the what-ifs Heroes did from 2011 to 2016 are based on that question, not tied to any story or full-fledged explanation.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:37 am

Grimlock wrote:
Gohan got Super Saiyan 4 before Heroes having its stories, which means he falls under the "what-if" concept in its true nature: "what if Gohan had a tail pulled out just like Goku?". This is what Heroes is about, all the what-ifs Heroes did from 2011 to 2016 are based on that question, not tied to any story or full-fledged explanation.
At this point heroes had a story, GDM3 is when heroes started implementing the dialogue cutscenes. But for some reason they didn’t use any actual story to explain Gohan getting ssj4 even the guide books don’t throw out any ideas

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:37 am

Grimlock wrote:
Still, he has no tail in this trailer and he goes SSJ4 just like that. But on the other hand, Goku Xeno and Vegeta Xeno seem to be able to go SSJ4 without tails as well. Perhaps Heroes basically reduced SSJ4 to just another transformation that can be reached by training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfEQe2xzUMA

Anyway, Kale should have had her SSJ hair. The white haired form of Baby Vegeta is officially a super saiyan form.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:46 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:

That's not right. Machine forced transformation into Oozaru and gave him a tail. Then, he was able to turn SSJ4.
Gohan went SSJ4 just by training.
So... I was right. They didnt pull a tail out of him, somehow the blutz wave generate made him grow one.

Which then raises questions why a saiyan cant just make blutz wave power balls and bask in them to regrow their tail...

God that machine was stupid.

To be fair Heroes gave Teen Gohan SS3 and the explanation was 'got it through training' so I'm convinced he'd just pull anything out of his butt via training

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:56 am

Grimlock wrote:
it was shown in the animated trailer he literal just turns into it and a tail appears. I've been told dialogue when the fight starts mentions its the result of training but I'm not sure if thats accurate and I havent found the footage to try translating it myself with even basic japanese

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:57 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:

Thank you, Sunsetshimmer.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:01 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: So... I was right. They didnt pull a tail out of him, somehow the blutz wave generate made him grow one.

Which then raises questions why a saiyan cant just make blutz wave power balls and bask in them to regrow their tail...

To be fair Heroes gave Teen Gohan SS3 and the explanation was 'got it through training' so I'm convinced he'd just pull anything out of his butt via training
It wasn't really stupid. Bulma clearly explained that machine generates Bruits waves that are 1000 times more powerful than regular which gives them ability to force transformation even without tail. So apparently, saiyans can't make a fake moon with such strong waves. They can only create power ball that generates as much waves as moon does. If it was enough, then Baby would turn Oozaru without Bulma's help.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:05 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Still, he has no tail in this trailer and he goes SSJ4 just like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfEQe2xzUMA.
I think it should already be known by now that the trailers mean nothing but to propagandize. What happens in the animated trailers is the simplest and most summarized version you can think of. Trailers are not telling you a story, they are not meant to be taken seriously. They just illustrate what its respective mission will contain. GDM5 trailer showed you Gohan going Super Saiyan 4 because that is exactly what happens in the arcade/GDM5, Gohan getting Super Saiyan 4, but without any explanation or story behind. It's based on the simple concept of "what-if".
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:09 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote: So... I was right. They didnt pull a tail out of him, somehow the blutz wave generate made him grow one.

It wasn't really stupid. Bulma clearly explained that machine generates Bruits waves that are 1000 times more powerful than regular which gives them ability to force transformation even without tail. So apparently, saiyans can't make a fake moon with such strong waves. They can only create power ball that generates as much waves as moon does. If it was enough, then Baby would turn Oozaru without Bulma's help.
It's more stupid to me that if it can force a transformation without the tail, why does he grow it back then?

And Baby we can put down to not knowing HOW to make a ball.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:21 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
it was shown in the animated trailer he literal just turns into it and a tail appears. I've been told dialogue when the fight starts mentions its the result of training but I'm not sure if thats accurate and I havent found the footage to try translating it myself with even basic japanese
There is no dialogue in any of the GDM5 missions besides trunks: xeno at the start telling you the basics of how missions progress(no story). Also teen Gohan never got ssj3 only Gohan adult in the Piccolo outfit. It’s also Gohan during his fight with Super Buu so instead of potential unleashed he gained ssj3 through unknown means(most likely it has to do with mira and towa altering time)
Last edited by S3 Hendrix on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:27 pm

If it wasn't already obvious, they also have ability to liquid themselves like Baby, but what's kinda weird is that their clothes seem to be part of their body. But i think it worked the same with Buu so who cares. What's more weird is that in their pure forms they already look like they possesed someone. More human appearance, hair and clothes is something Baby didn't really have by himself. But it's U6 and no one said they are made in exactly the same way as Baby so i guess it's fine. As long as they look so good i don't have problem with that.
mahakaishin1991 wrote: It's more stupid to me that if it can force a transformation without the tail, why does he grow it back then?

Bulma could literally heal Oozaru Baby (and Goku) by blasting waves at them so it obviously works different than just reguar moon of power ball.
Otherwise, Oozaru Vegeta could also make a stronger power ball to give him more power, right? This machine works different to the point where it's simply dangerous. Power ball was 100% safe method. But machine had side effects as Old Kai stated. It's more artificial method of going into Oozaru so comparing it to power ball seems a bit pointless. They work different. Power ball was still natural transformation.
Last edited by sunsetshimmer on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:28 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
There is no dialogue in any of the GDM5 missions besides trunks: xeno at the start telling you the basics of how missions progress(no story). Also teen Gohan never got ssj3 only Gohan adult in the Piccolo outfit. It also Gohan during his fight with Super Buu so instead of potential unleashed he gained ssj3 through unknown means(most likely it has to do with mira and towa altering time)
The art for the card I've seen loosk like hes teen gohan, has the cape and everything. But fair enough.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:46 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
There is no dialogue in any of the GDM5 missions besides trunks: xeno at the start telling you the basics of how missions progress(no story). Also teen Gohan never got ssj3 only Gohan adult in the Piccolo outfit. It’s also Gohan during his fight with Super Buu so instead of potential unleashed he gained ssj3 through unknown means(most likely it has to do with mira and towa altering time)
I think I remember the reason why Son Gohan had been able to achieve Super Saiyan 3 in Dragon Ball Heroes, it was all of course, of the fact he had continued his training under Mr. Piccolo.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:57 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Image

If it wasn't already obvious, they also have ability to liquid themselves like Baby, but what's kinda weird is that their clothes seem to be part of their body. But i think it worked the same with Buu so who cares. What's more weird is that in their pure forms they already look like they possesed someone. More human appearance, hair and clothes is something Baby didn't really have by himself. But it's U6 and no one said they are made in exactly the same way as Baby so i guess it's fine. As long as they look so good i don't have problem with that.
mahakaishin1991 wrote: It's more stupid to me that if it can force a transformation without the tail, why does he grow it back then?

Bulma could literally heal Oozaru Baby (and Goku) by blasting waves at them so it obviously works different than just reguar moon of power ball.
Otherwise, Oozaru Vegeta could also make a stronger power ball to give him more power, right? This machine works different to the point where it's simply dangerous. Power ball was 100% safe method. But machine had side effects as Old Kai stated. It's more artificial method of going into Oozaru so comparing it to power ball seems a bit pointless. They work different. Power ball was still natural transformation.
Perhaps Fu or someone else as brilliant as him had been tinkering around with the Tuffle Twins to make them much more advanced than the likes of Baby? Or the two twin siblings may have assimilated a lifeform or two before making their own debut within the Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Universe Mission Series?