"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Grimlock
I Live Here
Posts: 4607
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Grimlock » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:18 pm

UM5 commercial leaked somehow. If not for UM5, I hope one of the SECs is Super Saiyan God Vegeta for UM6.

One week until the great day! :D

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:03 am

Grimlock wrote:UM5 commercial leaked somehow. If not for UM5, I hope one of the SECs is Super Saiyan God Vegeta for UM6.

One week until the great day! :D


I bet we'll see that in January, November would be a tad premature for the movies release. I'd like to think they'll trickle things from the movie in over time till we see a new series. But they will definitely give us red boi vegeta soon

Rakurai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Rakurai » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:22 pm

Grimlock wrote:UM5 commercial leaked somehow. If not for UM5, I hope one of the SECs is Super Saiyan God Vegeta for UM6.

One week until the great day! :D


If anything I'm triggered by why SSG Vegeta is only a thing now that the film is promoting it.

Like, it should've been a thing since SSG Vegeta was introduced in the manga. And the same with everything else like Hakai and Gamma Burst Flash. They took so long to finally get to Heroes.

I want a card that showcases Jiren's weird shrinking ability from the manga. But that'll prob never make since it's not the main product at this point.

User avatar
Grimlock
I Live Here
Posts: 4607
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Grimlock » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:26 am

You shouldn't be. Games have always focused more on the anime (or the animated form) rather than the manga. The former is more popular, it is what reaches people the most. Manga is only considered when there is a lack of something or they want to use something for the "wow" factor. But anime will always stands out more/be the primary source for games.

Rakurai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Rakurai » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:16 am

Grimlock wrote:You shouldn't be. Games have always focused more on the anime (or the animated form) rather than the manga. The former is more popular, it is what reaches people the most. Manga is only considered when there is a lack of something or they want to use something for the "wow" factor. But anime will always stands out more/be the primary source for games.


Here's the irony, in Japan, manga is more popular & mainstream than anime. It is more accessible and makes up a large section of Japan's publishing industry. People reading manga during train rides is a common sight to see. Every town will have a book store with aisles of different manga genres and larger cities like Tokyo or Kyoto even have stores entirely dedicated to the medium. Convenience stores are quite happy for patrons to stand and read manga even if they are not going to buy and many waiting rooms and restaurants have bookshelves with popular serializations.

There are far more manga titles than anime titles, that's for sure. Comiket (which sells primarily doujinshi, but that's still a type of manga) is by far larger and popular than any anime convention held in Japan. Most anime are adapted from manga or light novels, the latter being more popular than anime as well.

For DB, however, it is quite clear that the anime has always been more popular than the manga. So it's not that I don't get it, but I think they should still give proper representation to both medium.

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:38 am

Rakurai wrote:
Grimlock wrote:You shouldn't be. Games have always focused more on the anime (or the animated form) rather than the manga. The former is more popular, it is what reaches people the most. Manga is only considered when there is a lack of something or they want to use something for the "wow" factor. But anime will always stands out more/be the primary source for games.


Here's the irony, in Japan, manga is more popular & mainstream than anime. It is more accessible and makes up a large section of Japan's publishing industry. People reading manga during train rides is a common sight to see. Every town will have a book store with aisles of different manga genres and larger cities like Tokyo or Kyoto even have stores entirely dedicated to the medium. Convenience stores are quite happy for patrons to stand and read manga even if they are not going to buy and many waiting rooms and restaurants have bookshelves with popular serializations.

There are far more manga titles than anime titles, that's for sure. Comiket (which sells primarily doujinshi, but that's still a type of manga) is by far larger and popular than any anime convention held in Japan. Most anime are adapted from manga or light novels, the latter being more popular than anime as well.

For DB, however, it is quite clear that the anime has always been more popular than the manga. So it's not that I don't get it, but I think they should still give proper representation to both medium.


and they are doing that, but the anime gives more content per month than the manga does, so they will naturally go with that as their main source while simultaneously giving us original content

zarmack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:22 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby zarmack » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Grimlock wrote:You shouldn't be. Games have always focused more on the anime (or the animated form) rather than the manga. The former is more popular, it is what reaches people the most. Manga is only considered when there is a lack of something or they want to use something for the "wow" factor. But anime will always stands out more/be the primary source for games.


Here's the irony, in Japan, manga is more popular & mainstream than anime. It is more accessible and makes up a large section of Japan's publishing industry. People reading manga during train rides is a common sight to see. Every town will have a book store with aisles of different manga genres and larger cities like Tokyo or Kyoto even have stores entirely dedicated to the medium. Convenience stores are quite happy for patrons to stand and read manga even if they are not going to buy and many waiting rooms and restaurants have bookshelves with popular serializations.

There are far more manga titles than anime titles, that's for sure. Comiket (which sells primarily doujinshi, but that's still a type of manga) is by far larger and popular than any anime convention held in Japan. Most anime are adapted from manga or light novels, the latter being more popular than anime as well.

For DB, however, it is quite clear that the anime has always been more popular than the manga. So it's not that I don't get it, but I think they should still give proper representation to both medium.


Actually in Japan, the original manga is more popular than the anime version of DB(Z). Its only with Super where the anime version is more popular.
"98% of Kanzenshuu-goers have not kissed a girl. If you're one of the 2% that has, copy and paste this into your signature."

When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Kai>Z>Early DB>>DBS Anime>GT>>>>>>>>>>DBS Manga

DBFZ>Xenoverse 2>Super DBZ>Budokai 3>Tenkaichi 3

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3022
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:43 pm

So what's the deal with those V-jump promo cards? I got my issue and went to the website listed, but I can't make heads or tails of it. Is it some kind of limited run promotional item? :eh:

User avatar
TobyS
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 802
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby TobyS » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:37 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Grimlock wrote:UM5 commercial leaked somehow. If not for UM5, I hope one of the SECs is Super Saiyan God Vegeta for UM6.

One week until the great day! :D


If anything I'm triggered by why SSG Vegeta is only a thing now that the film is promoting it.

Like, it should've been a thing since SSG Vegeta was introduced in the manga. And the same with everything else like Hakai and Gamma Burst Flash. They took so long to finally get to Heroes.

I want a card that showcases Jiren's weird shrinking ability from the manga. But that'll prob never make since it's not the main product at this point.


When has Jiren ever shrunk?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

User avatar
Steven Bloodriver
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1983
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Steven Bloodriver » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:52 pm

TobyS wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
Grimlock wrote:UM5 commercial leaked somehow. If not for UM5, I hope one of the SECs is Super Saiyan God Vegeta for UM6.

One week until the great day! :D


If anything I'm triggered by why SSG Vegeta is only a thing now that the film is promoting it.

Like, it should've been a thing since SSG Vegeta was introduced in the manga. And the same with everything else like Hakai and Gamma Burst Flash. They took so long to finally get to Heroes.

I want a card that showcases Jiren's weird shrinking ability from the manga. But that'll prob never make since it's not the main product at this point.


When has Jiren ever shrunk?

I think Rakurai means when Jiren had shrunk a villain in the 30th chapter of the Dragon Ball Super Manga for safekeeping.

Rakurai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Rakurai » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:14 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
TobyS wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
If anything I'm triggered by why SSG Vegeta is only a thing now that the film is promoting it.

Like, it should've been a thing since SSG Vegeta was introduced in the manga. And the same with everything else like Hakai and Gamma Burst Flash. They took so long to finally get to Heroes.

I want a card that showcases Jiren's weird shrinking ability from the manga. But that'll prob never make since it's not the main product at this point.


When has Jiren ever shrunk?

I think Rakurai means when Jiren had shrunk a villain in the 30th chapter of the Dragon Ball Super Manga for safekeeping.


Yeah that's the ability I meant. Sorry if I wasn't being clear enough.

Rakurai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Rakurai » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:25 pm

zarmack wrote:Actually in Japan, the original manga is more popular than the anime version of DB(Z). Its only with Super where the anime version is more popular.


My Japanese friends tell me that it's mainly the DB anime that gets promoted and merchandised. All the DB stores use more anime content than manga, take for example the DB cafe. Nozawa herself is way more famous than Toriyama, but that's probably because she's made more guest appearances from her position.

Then again, that's from a perspective of Japanese natives which is not necessarily the most truthful or the most accurate. But I'd rather believe people who've seen it all and have experience living in Japan. And let's be real, the main reason why the DB Renaissance took off was because of the success of BoG, RoF, Kai, & the anime overseas. There was an increase in merchandising sales, not volume sales (though I'm sure they've gone up more since then).

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:44 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
TobyS wrote:
When has Jiren ever shrunk?

I think Rakurai means when Jiren had shrunk a villain in the 30th chapter of the Dragon Ball Super Manga for safekeeping.


Yeah that's the ability I meant. Sorry if I wasn't being clear enough.


I thought it was a device that did that, not a skill he has

User avatar
Steven Bloodriver
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1983
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Steven Bloodriver » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:55 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:I think Rakurai means when Jiren had shrunk a villain in the 30th chapter of the Dragon Ball Super Manga for safekeeping.


Yeah that's the ability I meant. Sorry if I wasn't being clear enough.


I thought it was a device that did that, not a skill he has

Jiren may have had used a special device to have done the job for him in capturing the Crab-looking villain.

Rakurai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Rakurai » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:25 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:I think Rakurai means when Jiren had shrunk a villain in the 30th chapter of the Dragon Ball Super Manga for safekeeping.


Yeah that's the ability I meant. Sorry if I wasn't being clear enough.


I thought it was a device that did that, not a skill he has


I always thought it was a part of him, given the way it was presented. It extrudes from underneath his glove, like it's a part of him. But we'll probably never know.

User avatar
Grimlock
I Live Here
Posts: 4607
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Grimlock » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:15 am

Better look at Super Saiyan 4 Xeno Vegetto. I still don't like the form itself but since Xeno Vegetto has a cool and stylish design, it makes the form kinda attractive. Well, gotta thanks Heroes for actually giving characters other outfits, and what's better, nice outfits. :)

Image

User avatar
Rinsankajugin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Rinsankajugin » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:23 am

Grimlock wrote:Better look at Super Saiyan 4 Xeno Vegetto. I still don't like the form itself but since Xeno Vegetto has a cool and stylish design, it makes the form kinda attractive. Well, gotta thanks Heroes for actually giving characters other outfits, and what's better, nice outfits. :)

Image


The design looks good, but man does Yamamuro's art make it look kinda bulky. I liked the artstyle they used a while back when first revealed:

Image

User avatar
sunsetshimmer
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm
Location: Poland/Equestria

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby sunsetshimmer » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:43 am

Vegito SSJ4 looks so lame and unoriginal compared to Gogeta SSJ4 lol.
I hate how DBH made SSJ4 so generic. Remove shirt, add red fur and black hair. Done.
Rarity is the best pony
Pan-chan is the best saiya-jin

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:17 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:Vegito SSJ4 looks so lame and unoriginal compared to Gogeta SSJ4 lol.
I hate how DBH made SSJ4 so generic. Remove shirt, add red fur and black hair. Done.


Subjectiveness aside, thats all super saiyan 4 is, extra body hair and going shirtless with a messy mullet version of your normal hair.

Gogeta having Red hair made little sense given how fusion has been shown to work. Yeah it looks cool but still.

mahakaishin1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Postby mahakaishin1991 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:00 pm

Rakurai wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
Yeah that's the ability I meant. Sorry if I wasn't being clear enough.


I thought it was a device that did that, not a skill he has


I always thought it was a part of him, given the way it was presented. It extrudes from underneath his glove, like it's a part of him. But we'll probably never know.


its a blaster mounted on the top of his hand that he didnt bring to a no-weapons tournament. The liklihood is its not his power


Return to “Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests