DNA's game exclusive stuff analysis - Announcement

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: DNA's game story analysis

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu May 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Thanks DNA, the previous part also looks better now. You are doing an awesome job. Also, thanks HECTOR4 for the sprites.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu May 03, 2012 1:24 pm

I will finish the last five chapters soon and then try to go back to the original Plan to Erradicate the Saiyans.

Then I don't know where I'll go from there. I haven't got my PlayStation 2 here and my M3 stopped working.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu May 03, 2012 1:36 pm

What about the rest of the Fanicom games?
DNA wrote:my M3 stopped working.
What's this?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu May 03, 2012 5:42 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:What about the rest of the Fanicom games?
What about the rest of the Famicom games? I told you before, most of them aren't even properly translated and don't have anything interesting or out of the ordinary.

"Assault! The Saiyans!" Has you fight Brocco and Onio (the illusion Saiyans) on the way to fight Raditz, which means they came with him and aren't illusions at all. Then you use Kuririn, Yamcha, Chaozu and Tenshinhan to gather the Dragon Balls and you have to fight Garlic's henchmen for them. Then you defeat Nappa and Vegeta and then Garlic, or it's the other way around. So the second part is just Movie 1 and the Training and Saiyan arcs intertwined.

The Freeza game has Goku stop at Kanassa who mysteriously repopulated, there's nothing else out of the ordinary, except it gives you the freedom to defeat any Freeza henchmen at any given time with anyone. Meaning you can challenge and kill Cui, Zarbon and Dodoria with Gohan and Kuririn, as long as you're strong enough for that. I don't know anymore because this game is very poorly translated.

The Artificial Human game has absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
DNA wrote:my M3 stopped working.
What's this?
It's a special card that enables me to have a bootleg program to run bootleg games and roms.

As you can see, all I'm discussing is not exactly legal and I'd rather not answer anymore questions about how I'm doing things and keep them with just the game's story.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu May 03, 2012 6:31 pm

DNA wrote:As you can see, all I'm discussing is not exactly legal and I'd rather not answer anymore questions about how I'm doing things and keep them with just the game's story.
OK, I understand. I don't have any more questions, don't worry. But even if I had, and the answer had illegal stuff, you could always answer on PM, so that the rules won't be broken.

Anyway, thanks for giving me answers.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:04 pm

Hey guys! Sorry for the hiatus, been very busy moving cross-countries yet again.
I have finished Attack of the Saiyans though, but haven't explored everything yet.

Chapter 11: Don’t Lose, Gohan! Piccolo’s Harsh Training
- Piccolo is back to training Gohan, he says they're going to Nemuria Ruins.
Gohan thinks to himself that this was where he found the helpful robot who saved him about six months ago. (This means that bit of filler happened in this game's continuity).
- Piccolo tasks Gohan to find the "Devil's Bracelet" and sends him off to the ruins. Gohan gets sucked up by quick sand on the way there and ends up somewhere else in the ruins. Gohan explores the ruins and eventually finds the old robot, unfortunately without any battery. He vouches to find a battery for the robot within the ruins. After a while Gohan finds the battery and returns to his robot friend to install it. The robot awakens and is surprised to see Gohan, not being aware that six months have passed since their last encounter. Gohan asks for the robot's assistance in finding the bracelet but it is caved in and can't move.
- In the mean time Piccolo wonders why Gohan is taking so long and decides to help him, he quickly realizes he has been sucked in by the quick sand. Following into the quicksand, Piccolo eventually finds Gohan and together they explore the ruins to find the bracelet.
- When they finally reach upon it, some bandits were about to take it. The two groups notice and challenge each other for the treasure. The bandits remark they are infamous and evil. Piccolo says he'll show them true evil. They send the "Excavation Robot" to fight Piccolo and Gohan, but they quickly dispose of it.
- The bandits flee. Piccolo congratulates Gohan on having become stronger. Gohan remarks that despite Piccolo saying he would show them true evil, what he did show them was the power of good. They go back to the wasteland and the regular training resumes.

Chapter 12: Show Your Hidden Power: The Warriors’ Hot Pulses
- Tenshinhan notices Chaozu is missing so he asks Kuririn and Popo about him. They know nothing about it and instead go talk to Kami to see what he has to say. He advises them to go back to the surface and ask Baba to look for him.

- Baba is surprised to see them but after they explain the situation she agrees to help them. Apparently Chaozu got taken to Mutaito's Training Grounds against his will.

- After trekking along the many caverns that compose the training grounds, they eventually find Tsurusennin in Mutaito's shrine. He was the one who kidnapped Chaozu and Tenshinhan confronts him about this. Tsurusennin says that he crushed his pride and Tenshinhan accuses him of only caring about winning no matter the cost and that he had no pride to begin with. Infuriated, Tsurusennin brings out TPPX, a large battle robot with all of Taopaipais battle information and knowledge. Tenshinhan and the others dispose of it, rescuing Chaozu and they go back to Kami's Palace.

- Kami dismissed them saying that he has nothing more to teach them and they should train on their own from now on.

Chapter 13: Master the Ultimate Secret Technique! This is the Genki Dama’s Power
- Back in Kaio's Planet, Kaio tasks Goku to get a Spirit Crystal from a Forest Sprite in Enma Forest in order to learn the Genkidama. The problem is that Raditz had previously destroyed all of the Enma Trees. Kaio reveals that Gregory is a Forest Sprite and that he will guide them to the realm in which they dwell. Kaio gives Goku a nutrient he and Bubbles made (in actuality it's nothing more than monkey shit) and tasks him Goku with restoring the trees using it. He also says that since Goku has mastered the Kaioken he is allowed to use it if need be.

- Goku goes around the forest reviving them and after he's done a portal appears in the midst of the forest. This portal takes Goku directly to the Sprite Tree. Once there Raditz appears and challenged Goku, he plans to steal the crystal and rule hell, saying that the crystal will give him powers above Enma's. With his training and new techniques, Goku easily defeats him.

- Montgomery appears, annoyed at all the fuss and demanding explanations. Gregory explains it all and Montgomery addresses Goku, asking what he wishes. Goku says that he wants the crystal and Montgomery hands it to him unceremoniously. Goku is surprised with this action and asks him why he handed it so easily especially since earlier Raditz wanted it so badly. Montgomery comments that Goz and Mez must have lied again and that the Spirit Crystal is nothing more than a protective charm for the Sprites and that they're everywhere in that region. Goku wonders why he came here in the first place and returns through the portal with Bubbles.

- Gregory stays behind to question his elder. He asks if he really thinks Goku is ready and that the crystal is in fact only given to those who have proven they're worthy of the Genkidama. Montgomery says the truth in Goku's eyes is good enough to convince him that he'll put the Genkidama to good use. He also advises Gregory to train more.

Chapters 14 and 15 are just the battles against Nappa and Vegeta respectively.

[Excavation Robot]
Basically an evil version of the same robot Gohan found.

[TPPX]
A robot with the body of the Pirate Robot and the head of Cyborg Taopaipai but with no human features.

[Forest Sprite]
The race of humanoid crickets Gregory belongs to.

[Montgomery]
The elder of the Forest Sprites.

[Sprite Tree]
A huge, gnarled, old looking tree with red leaves.

Extra Stuff
This can be done before the battle with Vegeta.

- The guys (Goku, Gohan and Kuririn) receive a call from Bulma who tells them Mr. Popo has something to tell them. So they go back to Kami's Palace They arrive and are greeted by Popo. Goku apologizes for not being able to save Piccolo but Popo says Kami was fully aware of his destiny and that this was for the best and that Kami was also pleased to see that there was good in Piccolo's heart. He retorts that they shouldn't be sad, Kami thought him a lot and he wouldn't want him to mope around and instead look towards the future, and that they should too.

- Popo then reveals the true reason for calling them. Having watched and learned with Kami, he tried his best to recreate the Dragon Balls, unfortunately they aren't as powerful as the original and have got limited wishes. The gang is immediately very excited for the possibilities but before they leave Popo says Baba wants to talk to them.

- So they move to Baba's Palace and she reveals she can bring back the dead warriors for a while to help them out. Doing so the gang is now reunited again and start new adventures before confronting Vegeta.

From here on you can challenge Broli and explore the ruined East Capital, which is filled with mutants and various species of Saibaiman. You can also explore the sewers (which I haven't done yet), and Dragon Rock, which is actually where you find Broli, these are not advised to be explored before because their filled with strong enemies.

And scene.
Last edited by DNA on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:10 am

So next is The Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans, right? Does it have things that the OVAs didn't?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:48 pm

From what I understood, it's got tons of little things, barely important, but it seems the planets are completely different.
Unfortunately I've got other priorities at the moment so I'll have to postpone this project indefinitely. I do regret that.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Real life always comes first, so it's OK.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:59 pm

I added sprites for some of the chracters of Attack of the Saiyans. I might add them for past games if I can find them.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:39 am

I`ve actually managed to complete Dragon Ball Z Famicom trilogy quite sometime ago, with 1&3 fully translated
, here are differences from actual story
Dragon Ball Z 1:

-Saiyan Saga mixed with Dead Zone, after you defeat Radditz, Z Warriors form 3 teams, that have to recover 3 Dragon Balls from Ginger, Nikki and Sansho, after that, you move to Garlic Jr. palace, where you fight with them again (At same time, rather than seperately) then you beat Garlic Jr. after that, you have to beat Saibamen, Nappa, Vegeta, and game ends

Dragon Ball Z 2: (Sorry if it sounds chaotic, i know my English grammar is bad)

-During your travel to Namek, you can take a shortcut, but, you end up on Fake Namek, where, in order to escape, you need to fight with tough enemies

-Rest of game is almost same as Namek Saga, with eome differences:
-You can fight with Kiwi&Dodoria&Zarbon on Namek Section, as Z Warriors, you`ll have to fight with all of them anyway, when Vegeta joins you
-When Goku travel to Namek, he can stop at Planet Kanassa, freeing it, from Freeza soldiers, after that, Kanassian tell Goku, that he look like Bardock, who conquered this planet many years ago.

Dragon Ball Z 3:

-Gohan and others look for Dragon Balls, in order to ressurect Goku, after helping a few people, they got medicine, that make dinosaur take poo, and Kuririn have to take Dragon Ball from inside, since he doesn`t have a nose
-Coola arrive on Earth, and Z fighters have to fight with Coola Squad, in order to get Dragon Balls back, after that, Goku gets back on Earth, and they take Coola out.
-If Goku is still around while fighting Androids, Android 16 joins fight
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

DNA
I Live Here

Re: DNA's game alternate stories analysis

Post by DNA » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:46 pm

Story Analysis: Arcade Edition!

So I checked a few endings for Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Z 2: Super Battle for the Arcade.

Nothing special except for these two endings for the second one:

Goku's Ending:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

This seems pretty in character for Goku, if he'd beat Cell he would spare him for later spars. Many fans have thought out this possibility, along with the fact that Cell would probably eventually turn into another anti-hero.

16's Ending:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

What would happen if 16 had survived. Again, very in character, can totally believe this. That and he would eventually move in with 8. *sigh* One can dream.

Anyway, what do you think of these two alternate endings?

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:47 pm

The images aren't showing up. :(
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:48 pm

Yep, no images for me too.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:58 pm

Well that... sucks. :F No clue why it isn't showing the images.
Here, I'll post the direct links:

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/d/dbz2.htm
http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/d/dbz216.htm

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:38 pm

The images are up for me now, and also, the links you posted have more endings for other characters.

And Goku's ending confirms that Cell really has Vegeta & Piccolo in him after all- wait, what is Dr. Gero doing with the heroes?!

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:14 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:The images are up for me now, and also, the links you posted have more endings for other characters.
I know, but they aren't interesting at all.
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:And Goku's ending confirms that Cell really has Vegeta & Piccolo in him after all
When was this in doubt?
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:wait, what is Dr. Gero doing with the heroes?!
Chillin'.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:28 pm

DNA wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:And Goku's ending confirms that Cell really has Vegeta & Piccolo in him after all
When was this in doubt?
I meant the good side of those (formerly) evil characters.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Update: Goku Edition!

So I've started playing Harukanaru Densetsu and watching walkthroughs for Supersonic Warriors and Supersonic Warriors 2. For these three games I'll highlight any of the most relevant alternate events.
I've got Goku's story from those three:

Supersonic Warriors - Goku's Story
- Goku battles Vegeta.
- On Namek, Goku and Vegeta team up against Ginew and Freeza.
- Ginew was defeated by Freeza still stands and kills Vegeta.
- This prompted Goku to turn into a Super Saiyan and defeat Freeza.
- Freeza destroys Namek, the events are the same as the series.
- Freeza comes to Earth and is defeated by Trunks who fights Goku afterwards.
- Goku and Piccolo team up to defeat #20 and #18.
- After the battle, Goku collapses from the heart disease.
- Cell announces the Cell Games, Goku recovers and trains with Gohan.
- Goku and Gohan battle Cell. They destroy his body but he regenerates.
- Cell powers up a massive Kamehameha but Goku and Gohan charge theirs up and overpower him.
- Years later Babidi appears and takes control of Vegeta's body.
- Goku and Vegeta have their epic match.
- Goku and Vegeta defeat Buu and he transforms into Evil Buu.
- Goku and Vegeta fight against the Evil Buu.
- Vegeta decides to distract Buu whilst Goku prepares the Genkidama.
- Goku throws the Genkidama at Buu and destroys him completly.
- Goku kept training forever more.

Supersonic Warriors 2 - Goku's Story
Follows the story closely with some slight alterations, such as:
- Goku returns before Piccolo is killed by Nappa, both of them fight against Vegeta.
- Trunks arrives at the same day as the Artificial Humans and helps Goku defeat 20.
Alternate Path 1: Broli
- The gang follows Paragus to New Vegeta, he straight up reveals who Broli his and the fight ensues.
Alternate Path 2:
- Coola comes to Earth to defeat Goku, is defeated instead.
- The gang goes to New Namek and find Meta Coola there, and they defeat them.
- Next stop is the Cell Game, same thing happens like in the original.
Alternate Path 3:
- Goku attends the Annoyoichi Budokai and finds Bardock there.
- Both go to Hell to defeat Cell and Freeza.
- Kaio reveals to Goku that Bardock is his father, who has been posing as an ally but really wants to conquer the other world. Goku refuses to help him and Bardock just goes away.
- Kaio summons a mirror image of Goku for him to fight and train for the Budokai.
- The Majins appear, Babibidi controlls Vegeta.
- Him and Gohan fight against Vegeta and Buu.
- Buu transforms into Evil Buu.
Alternate Path 4:
- Goku and Vegeta fight against Evil Buu.
- This path leads to the next one.
- Buu destroys the Earth and Goku, Vegeta and Satan go to the Kaioshinkai.
- Buu follows and they fight.
- Goku uses the Genkidama and finishes Buu.
Alternate Path 5:
- A Tenkaichi Budokai is held, Goku and Piccolo have to fight.
- The final is Goku against Gohan.
- Goku is summoned by Kaio to fight against a strong enemy and returns to the other world.

Harukanaru Densetsu - Goku's Story Part 1

1 - Raditz, messenger from the stars!
Pretty much the same, the only difference is that Raditz plants 4 Saibaiman.

2 - Snake Way Marathon
Again, pretty much the same.
Princess Snake summons Goz and Mez to fight you.
Near the end of the road, Princess Snake, in snake form, appears again and throws Goku down to Hell.

3 - Goz and Mez, Guardians of Hell!
Different for the same of gameplay but ammounts to the same.
Goz and Mez have refuse to tell you how to get back.
You ask a friendly spirit who makes you chase him around.
Goz and Mez ambush you every now and then.
The spirit leads you to the exit.

4 - Battle Against Gravity!
Pretty much the same.

5 - Hurry, Goku! Back on Snake Way!
Non-Playable, even only.
As you pass by Princess Snake's Palace she notices your presence.
She comments that something has gone by but Raditz, who escaped Hell and stayed at the palace, tells her to came back in.
Raditz is pretty happy at the palace, living the life and considering this to be Heaven for him.

That's it for now, I might post some more later today.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:23 pm

Since I like this little passage so much and it's always been a nightmare to find, I decided to get screencaps for all to see. Here's the "relationship" between Raditz and the Snake Princess:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

I don't know if later on in the game there are other mentions of this, but if they are I'll be sure to let you guys know.