Dragon Ball Video Game Sales Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
EA575
Regular
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Re: Video Games sales: Xenoverse 1.5 million shipped

Postby EA575 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:07 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
EA575 wrote:There will also be a tournament in May.

Where did you get that info from?

Although, if it is true, It looks like DIMPS are trying to clever and make the tournaments every three months, much like how they are every three years in the manga. I doubt anybody got that inside joke/reference.
https://twitter.com/bnei876/status/588514563101822976
I used GoogleTranslate

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 19199
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree

Re: Video Games sales: Xenoverse 1.5 million shipped

Postby Lord Beerus » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:21 pm

EA575 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
EA575 wrote:There will also be a tournament in May.

Where did you get that info from?

Although, if it is true, It looks like DIMPS are trying to clever and make the tournaments every three months, much like how they are every three years in the manga. I doubt anybody got that inside joke/reference.
https://twitter.com/bnei876/status/588514563101822976
I used GoogleTranslate

Cool. :)

It seems as though the Japan will be the nation to take part in the tournament too.

WittyUsername
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1224
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Video Games sales: Xenoverse 2.5 million copies

Postby WittyUsername » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:03 pm

Bullza wrote:
If it can keep up momentum for just a few more weeks, BT3's "gold standard" of 4.02 million copies would be in reach.


I'm not sure if Tenkaichi 3 sold as well as what Vgchartz says it did. Based on all official sales figures it sold less than Tenkaichi 2.

Budokai shipped 3.5 million. That's the most copies a DBZ game has shifted.

This looks to have done 2 million so far.


Really? That's strange, normally when I hear about DBZ games sales wise, I usually hear that BT3 was the best selling game in the Tenkaichi series, as well as the second best selling game after Budokai 1.

Psycho50501
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: Video Games sales: Xenoverse 2 million copies

Postby Psycho50501 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:26 pm

I'd honestly rather have XV2 in spring 2017 or X-mas 2017. I feel if it's in 2016 there wont be much improvements and will be rushed.

User avatar
Bullza
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7840
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Video Games sales: Xenoverse 2 million copies

Postby Bullza » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:19 am

Really? That's strange, normally when I hear about DBZ games sales wise, I usually hear that BT3 was the best selling game in the Tenkaichi series, as well as the second best selling game after Budokai 1.


Yeah that's what I'd always heard too because that's how Vgchartz has it.

According to official reports though that doesn't seem right. All three Tenkaichi games came out at the same time, they all had their fiscal sales revealed at the end of March.

Tenkaichi sold over 1 million copies in just US and Europe, Tenkaichi 2 sold 1.18 million copies worldwide and then Tenkaichi sold 1.04 million copies worldwide so was the worst selling over the same period in time.

It also for a fact sold considerably worse than previous games in the series had sold in Japan. Whereas Tenkaichi sold 532,000 copies on PS2 and Tenkaichi 2 sold 423,000 copies on PS2, Tenkaichi 3 sold only 282,000 copies on PS2.

It makes no sense for Tenkaichi 3 to have somehow gone on to far outsell the other games when each game had been steadily selling less and less since Budokai, especially when it came out at a time when the new consoles were out and most people were starting to leave the PS2 behind AND another DBZ game came out only 7-8 months later (Burst Limit) AND the series was fully finished by that time.

So either Tenkaichi 3's sales are way too high or the others are way too low and I'd say it's a combination of both.

User avatar
EXBadguy
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:24 pm
Location: NJ, 'MERICA

Re: Video Games sales: Xenoverse 2 million copies

Postby EXBadguy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:12 am

Psycho50501 wrote:I'd honestly rather have XV2 in spring 2017 or X-mas 2017. I feel if it's in 2016 there wont be much improvements and will be rushed.


If NB wants to have X2 released next year, then at least they should put it at the very end of that year, like late November-December, cuz them just releasing games every damn spring now is scary and like you said, it'd be more broken.
Credit goes to whoever made the pic of Saitama slapping *you know who* !

Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!


Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Psycho50501
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: Video Games sales: Xenoverse 2 million copies

Postby Psycho50501 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:33 am


User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 15883
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Video Games sales: Xenoverse 2 million copies

Postby VegettoEX » Thu May 14, 2015 10:01 am

Psycho50501 wrote:2 Million copies sold confirmed:

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2015/05/dbz ... dai-namco/

INITIALIZE.

LOAD PROGRAM "C:/Kanzenshuu/Canned Responses/"

PRINT Kanzenshuu: "There's a site, too?!"

SELF DESTRUCT.
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| VegettoEX.com |] ::

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 19199
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree

Re: Video Games sales: Xenoverse 2 million copies

Postby Lord Beerus » Thu May 14, 2015 11:02 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Psycho50501 wrote:2 Million copies sold confirmed:

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2015/05/dbz ... dai-namco/

INITIALIZE.

LOAD PROGRAM "C:/Kanzenshuu/Canned Responses/"

PRINT Kanzenshuu: "There's a site, too?!"

SELF DESTRUCT.

I don't why, but what you said VegettoEX reminded me instantly of Inspector Gadget.

User avatar
DBZAOTA482
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6236
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Video Games sales: Xenoverse 2 million copies

Postby DBZAOTA482 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:23 pm

2... million... copies...?! This has to be a dream! :shock:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.


Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.


viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31207&p=969551#p969545

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 19199
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree

Re: Video Games sales: Xenoverse 2 million copies

Postby Lord Beerus » Thu May 14, 2015 12:57 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:2... million... copies...?! This has to be a dream! :shock:

And those figure were last recorded by the end of March. I'm pretty sure the sales must be near 2.5 million by now.

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 487
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:54 pm

Re: Video Games sales: Xenoverse 2 million copies

Postby Silkman3003 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:31 pm

So according to MediaCreate Sales, DB Extreme Butoden Sales are here

http://nintendoeverything.com/media-cre ... 3ds-debut/

1. [3DS] Rhythm Heaven: The Best Plus – 157,591 / NEW
2. [3DS] Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden – 74,660 / NEW
3. [WIU] Splatoon – 53,198 / 266,929
4. [PSV] The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC Evolution – 20,484 / NEW
5. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 – 9,661 / 1,029,263
6. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
7. [PS4] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – 8,723 / 111,834
8. [PS4] Alien: Isolation – 6,277 / NEW
9. [PSV] Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus – 6,070 / 22,295
10. [3DS] Girls Mode 3 – 4,891 / 151,194
11. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition – 4,698 / 263,127
12. [PSV] Moujuutsukai to Oujisama Flower & Snow – 4,054 / NEW
13. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – 3,914 / 2,639,104
14. [3DS] Stella Glow – 3,306 / 16,638
15. [3DS] Assassination Classroom: Grand Siege on Kurosensei – 3,277 / 83,774
16. [3DS] Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX – 3,175 / 51,484
17. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for 3DS – 2,999 / 2,243,532
18. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 2,517 / 3,982,813
19. [PS3] Natsuiro High School Seisyun Hakusyo – 2,148 / 8,920
20. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 2: Shinuchi – 2,122 / 2,615,158

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 19199
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree

Re: Video Games sales: Xenoverse 2 million copies

Postby Lord Beerus » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:21 pm

Silkman3003 wrote:So according to MediaCreate Sales, DB Extreme Butoden Sales are here

http://nintendoeverything.com/media-cre ... 3ds-debut/

1. [3DS] Rhythm Heaven: The Best Plus – 157,591 / NEW
2. [3DS] Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden – 74,660 / NEW
3. [WIU] Splatoon – 53,198 / 266,929
4. [PSV] The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC Evolution – 20,484 / NEW
5. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 – 9,661 / 1,029,263
6. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
7. [PS4] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – 8,723 / 111,834
8. [PS4] Alien: Isolation – 6,277 / NEW
9. [PSV] Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus – 6,070 / 22,295
10. [3DS] Girls Mode 3 – 4,891 / 151,194
11. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition – 4,698 / 263,127
12. [PSV] Moujuutsukai to Oujisama Flower & Snow – 4,054 / NEW
13. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – 3,914 / 2,639,104
14. [3DS] Stella Glow – 3,306 / 16,638
15. [3DS] Assassination Classroom: Grand Siege on Kurosensei – 3,277 / 83,774
16. [3DS] Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX – 3,175 / 51,484
17. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for 3DS – 2,999 / 2,243,532
18. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 2,517 / 3,982,813
19. [PS3] Natsuiro High School Seisyun Hakusyo – 2,148 / 8,920
20. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 2: Shinuchi – 2,122 / 2,615,158

I think this sort of information should go specifically in this thread.

User avatar
Bullza
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7840
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Video Games sales: Xenoverse 2 million copies

Postby Bullza » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:42 pm

I think I'm going to change the thread title up for that.

There will be more games in the future and there's a lot of infomation that's been given for previous games in this thread so maybe I could turn this into a general video game sales thread rather than making additional threads in the future and having to find all the information all over again .

User avatar
Bullza
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7840
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Video Games Sales Discussion Thread: Extreme Butoden 74k

Postby Bullza » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:04 pm

Here's how Extreme Butoden compares to other games on handheld.

Heroes - 88,385
Heroes 2 - 81,584
Extreme Butoden - 74,660
Attack of the Saiyans - 74,263
Ultimate Butoden - 31,108
Origins 2 - 19,127

So very good sales. I haven't been following the game but to sell over twice the amount of copies as it's predecessor on week 1, I'm guessing it has to do with the current DBZ resurgence.

thesupergodman
Newbie
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:13 pm
Location: Somewhere in the good ol' Midwest.

Re: Video Games Sales Discussion Thread: Extreme Butoden 74k

Postby thesupergodman » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:15 pm

Yep, it holds up well in comparison to the others.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 19199
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree

Re: Video Games Sales Discussion Thread: Extreme Butoden 74k

Postby Lord Beerus » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:23 pm

Bullza wrote:Here's how Extreme Butoden compares to other games on handheld.

Heroes - 88,385
Heroes 2 - 81,584
Extreme Butoden - 74,660
Attack of the Saiyans - 74,263
Ultimate Butoden - 31,108
Origins 2 - 19,127

So very good sales. I haven't been following the game but to sell over twice the amount of copies as it's predecessor on week 1, I'm guessing it has to do with the current DBZ resurgence.

Man, why did Origins 2 do so poorly on the DS? It's a really great game and one of the best handheld DB games ever released, in my opinion.

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13694
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Video Games Sales Discussion Thread: Extreme Butoden 74k

Postby Hellspawn28 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:49 pm

Maybe mixed word of mouth and poor marketing. That's most likely why Origins 2 didn't sell so well.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5015
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Video Games Sales Discussion Thread: Extreme Butoden 74k

Postby FortuneSSJ » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:09 pm

Extreme Butoden seems to be really cool.
Glad to hear it making more than the double of the first one.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

The beauty of Universe Survival arc - My gallery about Universe Survival arc

User avatar
Bullza
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7840
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Video Games Sales Discussion Thread: Extreme Butoden 74k

Postby Bullza » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:09 pm

Now that there's going to be a new Dragon Ball series which will not only bring fans back to the franchise and possibly bring in new fans but it will give the series new characters and story arcs and surely locations and transformations so I imagine that sales will pick up big time for the games.

If Xenoverse 2 does come out in a couple years and can incorporate all this new material from Super into the game for the first time and the game see's improvements in general then I don't see why it couldn't sell even more copies than the last one.

The franchise has really kicked off again since Battle of Gods and they could be on to something really good here as long as they don't screw it up.


Return to “Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mahakaishin1991, Nightmare Wheel and 1 guest