"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:39 am

If Bandai wanted to get XV2 "out of the way" they wouldn't have green lit a 3rd set of DLC packs.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:22 am

If they wanted to get XV2 out of the way, it'd be for XV3, not FighterZ. lol

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:24 am

Kanassa wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Throwing around that word so flimsily is just a meme at this point, isn't it?
Is there a reason you have to jump on people every time someone expresses an opinion here? It really feels like you're being contrarian just to be a dick.
And this is me 'jumping on people every time they express an opinion' how? I'm merely seeing something I heavily disagree about a phrase that is so easily thrown about that its annoying.
Because you seem to “disagree” with a large majority of the people who express anything that isn’t praise about the game

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:38 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Is there a reason you have to jump on people every time someone expresses an opinion here? It really feels like you're being contrarian just to be a dick.
And this is me 'jumping on people every time they express an opinion' how? I'm merely seeing something I heavily disagree about a phrase that is so easily thrown about that its annoying.
Because you seem to “disagree” with a large majority of the people who express anything that isn’t praise about the game
Not really, I've spoken and agreed with many of the flaws of the game in this thread. Plus, disagreeing with people on flaws isn't 'jumping' on them. We're in a discussion thread. Otherwise, we'd be saying this about a whole slew of people in this thread.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:22 pm

sintzu wrote:
Kanassa wrote:'Get XV2 out of the way'? What are you on about?
I mean finish up XV2's content to give FighterZ their full attention which I don't mean in a bad way if that's what it sounds like.
Dimps didn't make FighterZ, so how would XV2 derail the development of DLC for FighterZ? Arcs is giving FighterZ their full attention anyways, so I don't get why this is a concern in the first place.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:47 pm

Scsigs wrote: Dimps didn't make FighterZ, so how would XV2 derail the development of DLC for FighterZ? Arcs is giving FighterZ their full attention anyways, so I don't get why this is a concern in the first place.
I mean in terms of marketing for Bandai as XV2 being completely done will help fighterZ get more people to buy it and people who already have it to buy its DLC and play it more. It also also allows Dimps like what someone above said to give XV3 their full attention.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:35 pm

sintzu wrote:
Scsigs wrote: Dimps didn't make FighterZ, so how would XV2 derail the development of DLC for FighterZ? Arcs is giving FighterZ their full attention anyways, so I don't get why this is a concern in the first place.
I mean in terms of marketing for Bandai as XV2 being completely done will help fighterZ get more people to buy it and people who already have it to buy its DLC and play it more. It also also allows Dimps like what someone above said to give XV3 their full attention.
I think you're confused on how this works. XV2 being done will not affect marketing for FighterZ and will no make more people buy it.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:36 pm

sintzu wrote:
I am pretty sure FighterZ’s Marketing is closer to how XV2 does marketing right now as in

They mainly promote upcoming DLC and then the week before they do a 1 hour stream showing off the dlc that’s coming out

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:46 pm

sintzu wrote:
That's...not how marketing works at all. One game getting promotion for DLC isn't going to make more people not wanna check out other games, even for the same franchise. That's like saying Final Fantasy XV's DLC isn't going to make people wanna buy & play Dissidia. One's an action RPG with story, character depth, & other elements, while the other is a brawler &, while FighterZ has a story, they aren't that much different in terms of its setup than other brawlers for both. Especially amongst Dragon Ball games, since Arcs is essentially picking up where Dimps left off with the Budokai games, but neither will impact the other. I mean, if the $50 season pass didn't put you off of buying FighterZ's DLC, nothing will. Not for me, though, sorry. XV2 has more bang for your buck than FighterZ.
Anyways, you're not understanding what goes on with this stuff at all. Neither game is going to impact the support or marketing for the other. People who like either game are going to support them no matter what. Also, just saying, but I don't think posting this in the XV2 forum was the best thing to do.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:41 pm

Scsigs wrote:That's...not how marketing works at all. One game getting promotion for DLC isn't going to make more people not wanna check out other games, even for the same franchise. That's like saying Final Fantasy XV's DLC isn't going to make people wanna buy & play Dissidia. One's an action RPG with story, character depth, & other elements, while the other is a brawler &, while FighterZ has a story, they aren't that much different in terms of its setup than other brawlers for both. Especially amongst Dragon Ball games, since Arcs is essentially picking up where Dimps left off with the Budokai games, but neither will impact the other. I mean, if the $50 season pass didn't put you off of buying FighterZ's DLC, nothing will. Not for me, though, sorry. XV2 has more bang for your buck than FighterZ.
Anyways, you're not understanding what goes on with this stuff at all. Neither game is going to impact the support or marketing for the other. People who like either game are going to support them no matter what. Also, just saying, but I don't think posting this in the XV2 forum was the best thing to do.
This... isn't accurate at all.

It's called "cross marketing" and "brand awareness", it's super basic, and it happens all the time. From outfits available in different games to guest character cameos/appearances to weapons to everything in between, this is stuff that effectively all video game companies do, whether it's within a single franchise or cross-franchise. I'm certainly not saying they're doing a TON right now between XV2 and FighterZ (see: the bonus items players got for having save files for both games), but it's something they COULD do more of down the line, especially considering how we know both games will still have additional playable characters coming.

Additionally, there is no $50 season pass in FighterZ. If you want to combine the character pass ($30) with the music DLC ($15) and the commentator pack ($5), let's also combine the original season pass for XV2 ($30) with the extra pack pass ($17) and the music pack ($15) along with the pre-order unlock ($5) if you didn't happen to do so (pre-order items in FighterZ can be unlocked through normal gameplay).

I'm still a loss for what people think this "bang for your buck" is in Xenoverse games. It's all RNG busy-work.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:11 pm

Technically both games have infinite "bang for your buck" as long as you have someone who wants to play it with you.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:35 pm

VegettoEX wrote:This... isn't accurate at all.

It's called "cross marketing" and "brand awareness", it's super basic, and it happens all the time. From outfits available in different games to guest character cameos/appearances to weapons to everything in between, this is stuff that effectively all video game companies do, whether it's within a single franchise or cross-franchise. I'm certainly not saying they're doing a TON right now between XV2 and FighterZ (see: the bonus items players got for having save files for both games), but it's something they COULD do more of down the line, especially considering how we know both games will still have additional playable characters coming.

Additionally, there is no $50 season pass in FighterZ. If you want to combine the character pass ($30) with the music DLC ($15) and the commentator pack ($5), let's also combine the original season pass for XV2 ($30) with the extra pack pass ($17) and the music pack ($15) along with the pre-order unlock ($5) if you didn't happen to do so (pre-order items in FighterZ can be unlocked through normal gameplay).

I'm still a loss for what people think this "bang for your buck" is in Xenoverse games. It's all RNG busy-work.
I was talking about how you kind of get more stuff in the XV2 DLC than FighterZ's DLC, i.e. more characters, story missions, & the like, whereas in FighterZ, you only get characters. I totally forgot about the music packs though, thanks for the reminder. And, yeah, the XV games rely too much on RNG BS. I've said that before in other places, as have other people. However, my point in saying it here is to say that both games are different in their goals. The XV series is meant to be more of an adventure series, since they're Action RPGs, while FighterZ is a fighter. Nothing wrong with enjoying either, but I'm saying there's more to do in XV2 just with the stuff they put in the game.

And, that person wasn't saying stuff for cross=promotion. He was talking about how he thought that XV2 still releasing DLC & getting promoted still was hurting it FighterZ for some reason, even though both games aren't readily competing with each other, since they both have their fans & players, as well as what you said with the cross-promotion stuff between them. My point in comparing the Final Fantasy games was because i couldn't think of another franchise that has multiple games going at once before the next one comes out on consoles that are radically different from one another &, specifically, an Action RPG against a fighting game at that.

By "season pass," I obviously meant the fighter pass. I should've checked the prices, but that was my mistake. I was going off the most expensive edition of the game, which is still $109.99 unless you get it on sale right now. Anyways, looking them up, the character pass is $35, still way more than I'd pay for a DLC pass of any kind. Then again, that's all subjective & up to debate. I just consider the extras in the XV2 DLC to be more worth my money than FighterZ's at this time. That's all.
Quebaz wrote:Technically both games have infinite "bang for your buck" as long as you have someone who wants to play it with you.
True. I'm just thinking on the "by yourself" mentality, since the entire point of FighterZ is the multiplayer, while XV2 gives you the option of playing with others, or by yourself & gives you extra content to support the single player aspect of it.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:55 am

One new DLC character revealed in V-Jump, Super Baby Vegeta 2. Comes "this summer", so I imagine next month will show another character and they'll come out at the end of July as a pack of 2 characters.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:01 am

ArchedThunder wrote:One new DLC character revealed in V-Jump, Super Baby Vegeta 2. Comes "this summer", so I imagine next month will show another character and they'll come out at the end of July as a pack of 2 characters.
Finally, this is the best news I've heard all day. :clap: :thumbup:

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:42 am

Oh yeah!Finally :D
Now i hope to see new what-ifs, king cold or king vegeta :D

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:12 am

Glad we're finally getting the GT roster rounded out. Only other character I could see them adding is Majuub, but if they didn't over others I'd be okay with that.

Honestly, if these packs will be like the last few and we get 4 per pack, I definitely wanna see:

Full Power Bojack
Full Power Android 13
Kale
Caulifla
Toppo
Dyspo

that to me would leave us in a good spot for Xenoverse 3

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:33 am

ArchedThunder wrote:One new DLC character revealed in V-Jump, Super Baby Vegeta 2. Comes "this summer", so I imagine next month will show another character and they'll come out at the end of July as a pack of 2 characters.
Only one? Thats strange. Even when it was just a 2 character pack, they always revealed both characters at the same time.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:51 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Only one? Thats strange. Even when it was just a 2 character pack, they always revealed both characters at the same time.
Maybe they're both there but the leaker hasn't said so or they're going to split them up like they did with Vegetto and zamasu in fighterz.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:49 am

sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Maybe they're both there but the leaker hasn't said so or they're going to split them up like they did with Vegetto and zamasu in fighterz.
I’m hoping its the former. Maybe if this is just a 2 character pack, it will either be Majuub paired with Super Baby Vegeta 2 or Pikkon.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:56 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Only one? Thats strange. Even when it was just a 2 character pack, they always revealed both characters at the same time.
I’m hoping its the former. Maybe if this is just a 2 character pack, it will either be Majuub paired with Super Baby Vegeta 2 or Pikkon.
I think Majuub is more likely as he was part of the Baby arc and even fought him. The 2nd pack will most likely be androids 19&20 as they'll be the only major characters left unplayable in some form in XV.